SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Your very first impression the first time you ever met an SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-12, 09:32 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

I didn't really have a clear image of the SC until my brother and his friend took me to go pick mine up. Honestly I was just going to settle with any car for transportation and save up for a car I liked. Fortunately my brother got found a deal on a '95 Black on Black SC300 for $3,100. On the way home when he was driving it I thought it was kind of a crappy car since it was in such bad shape (Cluster was flickering and dim, all the leather was torn, the car smelled weird, since I was in the passenger seat I felt crammed, etc.). I thought the grips handles were pretty strange since it was the first car I saw to have it that way. Eventually I grew to like it though .

Then we spent that summer restoring the car (Replacing the leather, vinyl wrapping the faded wood grain, installing HIDs, LED interior lights, swapping the steering wheel, LED cluster lights, etc). We basically redid absolutely everything, even washing the carpet. I'm pretty grateful to have such a nice car now
Old 06-01-12, 10:16 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
my gf called it a boat.
LOL, it is much bigger than the Porsche Turbo I replaced when I got mine.
Old 06-01-12, 02:54 PM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also did not know anything about these cars untill I bought mine a few months ago. I was searching for a GS300 and A Friend called me up and asked me to come down to his shop and take a look at this 92 SC he had for sale. When I first saw it I was not impressed... due to the fact that it had no engine (he said he would put a 1jz with twins in it), ripped up seats, disgusting tan interior with broken vents, and the dirtiest carpet in America. The body was clean; minor scratches on the black enamle paint. I said no at first. BUT, on the ride home I saw a black SC fly by me.. sitting on BBS rims, dropped with Dual shiney exhausts... I called my friend right away and told him I wanted the car When these cars are restored they are ahead of their time
Old 06-01-12, 03:55 PM
rogers2014
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At first when I seen the sc...i can't even remember where but all I did think was (sigh...just another lex as we couldn't afford one) then when my father and I took an SC for the test drive (guy lowered his price from 2800 to 1000) the ride was so smooth! i remember the day we took it, we didn't know where to open it up....we stopped and someone honked us, my dad pushed the peddle and this car litterally whiplashed us lol the power...the ride...we brought the car litterally less than 3 minutes back from the test drive, bartered with the guy and got the car for 800 and yes NO CEL light, NO rust (only found a small part where a drain hose was supposed to go) aside from that it just needs a little tlc...i drove it myself finally and it is smooth as a girls.... LMAO well, thats why its branded as a lexus. the quality is unsurpassed.
Old 06-01-12, 03:57 PM
rogers2014
Rookie

Originally Posted by BlakOnBlak
I also did not know anything about these cars untill I bought mine a few months ago. I was searching for a GS300 and A Friend called me up and asked me to come down to his shop and take a look at this 92 SC he had for sale. When I first saw it I was not impressed... due to the fact that it had no engine (he said he would put a 1jz with twins in it), ripped up seats, disgusting tan interior with broken vents, and the dirtiest carpet in America. The body was clean; minor scratches on the black enamle paint. I said no at first. BUT, on the ride home I saw a black SC fly by me.. sitting on BBS rims, dropped with Dual shiney exhausts... I called my friend right away and told him I wanted the car When these cars are restored they are ahead of their time
similar thing happened to me...did not know much about the car till i bought it but you said the right thing..... "when these cars are restored they are ahead of their time" so so true!
Old 06-01-12, 08:38 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I saw the SC400 in June 1991 the day it was introduced to the public (as a 92 model). I instantly knew I "Had" to have one. Placed an order with a deposit and took delivery 5 months later (at list price). Still have the car and it drives almost as good as the day I took delivery. Fantastic car!
Old 06-01-12, 09:08 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Well, my first encounter was when my Dad asked me to come with him to pick up a car he bought. Didnt know what it was. And well I got to drive it home and the rest was history. That was an SC300 but the SC400 is just as nice if not better. I love the stock power and torque it carries. Better than the 300 IMO if your not going to do an engine swap. Everytime I see my car I love it even more, hate the thought that I might sell it someday, hopefully I wont have to. Timeless classic!
Old 06-02-12, 08:17 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

My room mate got a piece of crap 93 sc300 sitting on 20's with big *** tires and I thought god damn this thing is ugly. Then I went to see mine which looked a lot better and much more proportional from the outside and I thought hey, this is a lot better. Drove it and bought it on the spot. Of course my room mate started pointing out all the things that are wrong with my car which led me to second thoughts but the more I drove it and worked on it, the more I loved it. I didnt have the same impression I had (or still have) when I see a 90's Cadillac, but it grown on you.
Old 06-02-12, 09:11 AM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

The first time I ever saw an sc I was googling drift cars and out came this hot girl and behind it a nice car! It was ms. emerald's I fell in love ever since lol. So about 4 years later I rode in a 5 speed for the first time and bought it and love it ever since even though it's a money pit.
Old 06-02-12, 09:48 AM
Kayasith95
Driver

i was looking around for a 5speed is300s a few years ago and came across an sc instead. i fell in love with the body of it and best of all the 5 speed. its curve is just right and its a 2 door lexus that actually doesnt look too weird. So 2 door 5 speed is sporty, lexus is luxury, 2jz has plenty aftermarket support I was sold. surprising thing is that i was amazed at how old it really was! Sure never gonna find anything timeless like it in the future.
Kind of want an sc400 now. im curious about its power and potential of a 1uz with a 5 speed transmission behind it.
Old 06-02-12, 09:54 AM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Loved my SC400, and still regret getting rid of it. There is a 97+ SC300 in my future though.

The old SC, bought brand new, 1 of 500 95 Baltic Blue SCs world wide.

Last edited by NoLFA4U; 06-02-12 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-02-12, 10:43 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

For me it was the color. About 8-9 years ago when I was driving in my GS300, I saw an older gentleman driving a super clean 97+ Platinum metallic silver and told myself I'll get one in that color someday.
Now I have one in the household

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I saw the SC400 in June 1991 the day it was introduced to the public (as a 92 model). I instantly knew I "Had" to have one. Placed an order with a deposit and took delivery 5 months later (at list price). Still have the car and it drives almost as good as the day I took delivery. Fantastic car!
I wonder how many original owners are left out there?
Old 06-02-12, 03:59 PM
jmarque7
Driver

I saw them on Sc 's gone Wild and ever since I have had a heads up for them. I saw the first one driving home when a burgundy one turned and I saw the big front hood as it drove towards me... couldn't stop staring. now I own a OEM five spd blk sc 3 ... and I am very happy with our 1 yr relationship <3 lol
Old 06-02-12, 05:23 PM
demonspeed
Driver School Candidate

Lol I thought it was too wide and too long to be a fast car. Keep in mind that I'm a Nissan head to the death of me, but my friend put me in his SC3 and I was amazed on how smooth the ride was and how fast it went! Bought his old SC4 and the moment I kept up with a EVO, I was sold haha. I LOVE my car! Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world...
Old 06-02-12, 07:20 PM
clydes93
Driver School Candidate

There it sat, calling to me from the middle of the car lot, looking so lonely sitting among the Buick's and Chevy's. My 93 sc4....I said to the lot man lets try a test drive....it had suffered from neglect..... been keyed while on the lot and was in desperate need of some TLC..I returned to the lot barely able to contain myself...shes been mine since 08 and will be mine for a long time to come!

Quick Reply: Your very first impression the first time you ever met an SC