xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see any either
Old 05-27-12, 02:00 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

6 day old thread and your pics are fubared?

How many forums is this posted on?
Old 05-27-12, 02:50 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated my account. Everything should work again!
Old 05-27-12, 02:51 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

one word,

yes!

Last edited by iridebmx; 05-27-12 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-28-12, 07:24 PM
mistah1jz
Driver School Candidate

dude i was looking at that exact same sc on craigslist! love to see it when your done. good luck? oh and what part of florida are you in?
Old 05-29-12, 10:59 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

Originally Posted by mistah1jz
dude i was looking at that exact same sc on craigslist! love to see it when your done. good luck? oh and what part of florida are you in?
That's awesome! Lol

I'm in fort Myers. About 2 hours south of Tampa. I'll be out at CFRC for sure once it's dialed in!
Old 05-29-12, 11:23 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

So a little update.

I've been working non stop so that I can go to formula drift in palm beach this weekend. Super excited!

Since im working everyday I have to squeeze in a couple hours here and there at the shop while I can.

The ka transmission mount location and the Lexus transmission mount location are almost dead on. About an inch or two from being lined up perfectly. More pics to come soon since I was in a rush this morning.

So today we got the transmission lined up and centered and took our measurements for the driveshaft. Going to go to the driveshaft shop tomorrow morning and hopefully have it done by the time we get back from formula drift.

I got some pics of how the clutch slave cylinder lines up next to the passenger catalytic converter. Insanely too close. So we're going to make a custom cat delete for both sides and wrap them and also put some heat insulation on the slave cylinder as well as the line.

Pics for reference

Deleting the cats should give us about 2 inches of room to play with which should be enough space to run the line and help with heat issues.
Old 05-29-12, 02:48 PM
vaki2
Pole Position

No other option like a hydraulic throwout bearing? Like the quartermaster style? Just wondering.

I like the build man. Mad props for you.

vaki2
Old 05-29-12, 04:32 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

could you post the measurements to the driveshaft and pics of how close the tranny mounts are for reference? i think it would help many others looking to do this also
Old 05-29-12, 08:01 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Originally Posted by vaki2
No other option like a hydraulic throwout bearing? Like the quartermaster style? Just wondering.

I like the build man. Mad props for you.

vaki2
That would be an option as well I guess I've just never used one or installed one before. The ka slave was like $10 from my work and all we have to do is run a hard line. The cat delete is something I wanted to do anyways but now I have an excuse for it

Originally Posted by iridebmx
could you post the measurements to the driveshaft and pics of how close the tranny mounts are for reference? i think it would help many others looking to do this also
I will take pictures next time I go out there!

As far as the driveshaft I did what everyone was telling me. Line the transmission up. Push in the front ka yoke. Pull it out 3/4 of an inch and take the measurement from the back of the front yoke to the front of the diff. Our differentials have a rubber mount that looks like a hockey puck that is needed to bolt up the driveshaft properly. I didn't see a way around it so I'm stuck using it for now. I'm going to see about getting cnc steel or aluminum replacements for the oem rubber.

The measurement from the back of the front ka yoke (pulled out 3/4 inch) to the rubber puck on the diff was 44 inches.

I'm dropping the driveshaft off tomorrow morning so we'll see what can get done. Super nervous/excited about tomorrow. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and there's no obstacles!

Now don't go running to get a driveshaft just yet. This is my first time doing this so we'll see if there were any errors on my behalf about the measurements or anything like that. Wish me luck!

Thanks for the support guys!

Last edited by marcojdm; 06-09-12 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 09:03 PM
mistah1jz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marcojdm
That's awesome! Lol

I'm in fort Myers. About 2 hours south of Tampa. I'll be out at CFRC for sure once it's dialed in!
damn bro thats far lol im over in saint cloud! do you know where i could find a w58 for a decent price?? i wanna swap out that auto trani already! i effn hate it-_-
Old 05-29-12, 11:10 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread. A few years ago (almost a decade ago lol) I was real big into KA-T's. I was at 421 RWHP 411 RWTQ, at that point (and the way I drove it) I began to shear through transmissions. It would start off with a third gear grind, and progressively get worse. I even spun the input shaft once and I couldn't get the clutch off. I had to cut the bellhousing and undo the pressure plate bolts one at a time before I could get the tranny off!

However, to the KA tranny's defense, I was doing a lot of clutch kicks, and donuts, and the like (whatever an eighteen year old kid would do with a decently fast car).

But for a hundred fifty a pop, and a little bit of my labor who cared? If I had known about this adapter kit, I would have done this LONG before the W58.

My biggest concern is the speed signal and driveshaft. There wouldn't have been a realistic way of me getting a DS made (considering the small town I live in). Besides, all the Toyota stuff is pretty much easier to swap in (even with using a MKIII w58). There's just so much hearsay on the 'net now though to really know what you need to do until you actually do it.

Sorry most people probably got the TL : DR going on here, anyway good luck with your build and I'll keep my eye on it! Maybe I'll build another S14 with a 1uz in it, or I'll revive my Vert and put a 1uz in it ha ha
Old 05-29-12, 11:15 PM
baloyr
Driver School Candidate

nice freakin build
Old 05-30-12, 01:17 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

So no pics but an update.

Took my driveshafts to the shop today to get a one piece made and the guy there said its impossible to make it work with the rear 3 bolt yoke. He kept telling me I'd have to make an adapter piece to bolt to the 3 bolt differential and transfer the rear yoke to a traditional 4 bolt with ujoint.

So I got all depressed and decided to try one last option at another shop I heard about. As soon as I walked thru the door with both my yokes the gentleman asked me "that's for a Lexus isn't it?". Super pumped after that because he told me they've done a few before so it IS possible to keep the rear 3 bolt yoke. The only adjustment that's needed is to change the front Nissan yoke to a ujoint style. Really glad to see that this option is available. Definately a lot easier and less stressful.

Now I'm going to be all anxious Waiting for my parts to be made. Luckily for me im volunteering at formula drift this weekend so that should keep me occupied for the weekend. Then I can get cracking next week!

Sry I don't have any pics but I'll get some when I start getting stuff done next week!

Thanks for all the support guys! Really excited to see this project finally coming together

Quick Reply: Marcos SC400 weekend warrior