SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-19, 09:00 AM
Autrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GS300 First Lexus

I just purchased a 2006 GS300 about 6 weeks ago, one owner, non smoker vehicle, beautiful inside an out. I love the car, but I am an old guy and not used to this level of tech.
I had never heard of a GDI engine. THAT was an education....never had a car you could cure harsh downshifts by resetting the ECU....sealed transmissions?...does any fluid last forever?
It is going to be an education. I am looking forward to being part of this group.
Old 01-04-19, 09:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Autrey
I just purchased a 2006 GS300 about 6 weeks ago, one owner, non smoker vehicle, beautiful inside an out. I love the car, but I am an old guy and not used to this level of tech.
I had never heard of a GDI engine. THAT was an education....never had a car you could cure harsh downshifts by resetting the ECU....sealed transmissions?...does any fluid last forever?
It is going to be an education. I am looking forward to being part of this group.
Welcome to the forum Autrey !

I would suggest post on the GS300 section . You will be better helped there.

Here is the link : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...2006-2011-153/
Old 01-04-19, 10:06 AM
Autrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you, I am lost already
Old 01-07-19, 10:19 AM
rovnrev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought a 1995 SC300 5-speed with 312k miles. This is either the biggest mistake or the best decision I have ever made. Here to lurker and learn.
Old 01-16-19, 09:42 AM
BoostNeeds
Driver School Candidate

Smile New SC Memeber

Hi, I just bought my first Lexus which is a red 1997 SC300 Automatic with 270,000 miles. I bought it with a broken radiator and no belt, but someone else's misfortune turned into my good luck. $500 for an only slightly broken SC300 I don't think is a bad deal. It has other issues but none of them keep it from moving such as the passenger side door is missing some parts, the trunk and hood struts are gone, and the windows don't work but project cars aren't meant to be in perfect condition when you find them. I will post pictures of it ASAP, but I currently do not have any saved on my computer. I've been lurking for the last few days after I got it, and I'm seeing that there are a lot of people who really love this car and don't want it to be overshadowed by his big cousin, the Toyota Supra. I'm looking forward to sharing the build of my car and seeing how other people are building theirs.
Old 01-17-19, 12:32 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob711
Hello - I am new to the group but not new to Lexus. I have owned mostly SUVs. I am joining this thread due to the fact that a close friend of mine has passed away and left me his cars - one of them being a red Lexus SC300. I believe it is a 1992 - I will double check the paperwork. He loved his cars kept it in beautiful condition. I am not sure yet what I will do with the car, but perhaps will sell it. Here are pictures. Thanks - glad to be part of this group!

Bob - great to see another CO member. I have an SC3 that's the same color, but yours appears to be in much better shape than mine. Enjoy that bad boy, she's a beauty! If you do decide to sell it (which I have a feeling you won't want to after spending some time driving it), shoot me a private message.
Old 01-17-19, 04:09 PM
FontTX13
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member!

Hey I'm David and excited to be the new owner of a Lexus SC300 (auto)! Im now on about 135,000 miles and hope to get another out of her. The car sat for a few year, but runs great. Already got her tooken to the mechanic to get some work done. For now it's a daily,but plan on turning it into a project when i can afford a beater to do so. For now i soon plan on doing a few cosmetic tweaks.

Old 01-31-19, 07:41 PM
aaron96
Driver School Candidate

Smile looking for sc300

hello everyone i am a new member to the lexus club i do not currently own a lexus but i am looking for a sc300 with decent interior preferred with non working engine and tranny because i am looking to do a swap in it
im in california orange county
just in the market for a project sc300 if you have one i can buy off you or someone you know for the low price please let me know i am willing to negotiate with you on buying the car thank you for your time
Old 02-03-19, 11:24 PM
DCypher
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Hey all from QLD Australia

Proud new owner of my '94 SC400.
Previous owner had it converted from auto to manual with a T-56 gearbox. And previous to him put in an aftermarket airbags controller to go higher or lower than stock, but I prefer to just use the stock high/low values. Really convenient for going up driveways
Digital dash, EMV, reverse camera, HIDs.. all the good stuff.
All the electrics work, with the obvious exception of TV Tuner and GPS, which both technically function.. if I was in Japan

And 124,000 non-genuine kms!
There's a sticker under the hood that says the timing belt was changed at 143,000kms almost 10 years ago.. so at some point the dash must've been changed too I guess. My best estimate puts it at around 185,000 assuming it was true at the time the belt was changed.
But mechanically it's top notch, cosmetically still great, only interior damage through age is a single cracked air vent and the previous owner spent much more than I ended up paying for it (top guy, very friendly and honest)

He even gave me a set of LED tail lights that I may install soon, just need to find a good method (not a resistor) of making it flash normal speeds.

Only real mod I plan to do is connect my phone to the EMV, which I'm thinking I can do with a chromecast patched into the NTSC feed. Only problem there so far is the plug I found under the cup holder doesn't match any photos I've seen of what it should be.

-
Caitlyn
Old 02-06-19, 07:50 PM
tora117
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ethan Higgins - 17
Mckinney, Tx

New CL member and new SC3 owner
Picked up this SC for 2200 in mid December as an early xmas present to me
its a 94 auto with 162k miles so its just getting started

mods from previous owner:
BC Racing Coilovers
Varrestoen ES1 wheels (he kept them though)
2.5" straight pipe
1997 skirts and rear bumper
pioneer head unit
traction rods

Looking forward to doing a manual swap and either a NA-T or 1JZ later down the road

(Before 97 body mods)
Old 02-18-19, 07:02 PM
rdbuss
Driver School Candidate

Hello! My name is Robbie and I recently acquired a 1996 SC400! I'm pretty stoked about get to know this new-to-me car.

The car was well cared for, but also used as a daily driver for 20 years. It has the typical wear and tear to expect from a car like this, but it runs like a gem and feels solid to drive.

The biggest issue I need to take care of is the power steering (which currently doesn't work 80% of the time). The previous owner had replace the pump and rack in the last few years. Says it could possibly be the automatic steering adjustment sensor. Anyone here have any experience/tips about that?

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi!" and introduce myself and my new car! I can't wait to spend way too much time here :-D

Clean body! No dents at all.

A little clear coat failure on the back and spoiler, but overall not bad!

Really clean interior, all things considered.

A bit of wear, but expected for a car with 208,000 miles on it!
Old 03-01-19, 07:55 AM
Nissar
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus with the heart of a TT Supra

Hi everyone,
I've been working in Japan for almost a year now and was lucky enough to have found a 1992 Toyota Soarer at an auction. 88,XXX km, 5-speed, parallel Twin Turbo 1JZ-GTE. The car already had aftermarket intake, exhaust, turbo timer, rims+tires and coil overs. I believe the car had been sitting for a while so I am doing my best to breathe some life back into it. It runs like a champ but due to environmental issues it has signs of age. Undercarriage rust (minor), slowing of window speeds, weak blower motor, moderate to heavy dust under the hood etc.

I'm not looking to build a racer out of it but just continue with the direction I feel the previous owner(s) were headed. Future plans include intercooler (need time to install), racing seats, updated head unit, different rims+tires, carbon fiber hood, trunk and wrap for roof (the paint is faded on these areas).

I am open to all advice and suggestions. Glad to be a member!
Old 03-02-19, 02:53 PM
nbizzle
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2001 Lexus ES 300

Hello, my name is Nate. I just bought a 2001 ES300 from my boss. Good ownership, very clean car. However, crankshaft seal, rear main seal, and valve cover gaskets are leaking. Car has 163,000 miles and feels like it drives great but those leaks really are leaking. You can smell it burning. My question is, was it a stupid purchase. Paid $1,500.00. He as put a lot of money into it. I wonder why all these gaskets are leaking. I see older ones with more miles that don't have these leaks. Was it abused some how? Anyway, glad to be here.

Thanks
Old 03-05-19, 07:00 AM
DocBaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1991 Soarer SC400 Limited UZZ32

Hi my name is Barry I'm new to this forum but have been lurking in the background of the site

for a while. I am a retired 66 year old Australian now living in Phuket Thailand.
I have owned my car since late 2000 and it is the best car I have ever owned or drive. It waits patiently for my return to Australia, I have it stored at a friend's home while I am in Thailand. I know cars and have driven many thousands of them over the years as I worked in the Automotive Industry for 33 years I have owned three Soarers but would never part with the UZZ32.
The UZZ32 Soarer is everything you hear about them and more it is of course sleek and we'll appointed but it's the hidden things that make this car the legend that they are. Weighing in at 1820kg with no fuel on board my car is not light but it's made to handle it's like driving a two ton Gocart on steroids. It will take on any opposition you may come up against and out handle everything it comes up against. MineMin not completely stock standard but it is in near mint condition other than the clear coat is starting to deteriorate. I had a Factory Colour change at birth as it was a special order for a wealthy Japanee Businessman. The interior is in perfect condition and so is under the bonnet, it has travelled 230,000klm I had some work done on the motor a coulpe of years back, Forged Pistons, Forged Valves etc. a little cam work, heads shaved a new 3" Magnaflow Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust System it puts now. It also rides on Genuine AME Modelart Excellent 3 piece 18" X 8.5" and 18" x 9" Wheels with 24 Carat Gold Plated Studs. It has everything that were issued as standard features 4 Wheel Steering, Active Suspension, EMV Screen reversing Camera, 12 Stacker CD Player with 7.1 Surround Sound, Digital Dash. It also has a few things I had fitted a DVD Player, a VHS Player/Recorder, GPS and TV all working through the EMV Screen.
Anyway nice to be here.

Last edited by DocBaz; 03-09-19 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Say thank you
Old 03-14-19, 10:13 AM
CenCalSC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up this 95 SC300 (automatic) as my cruising car alongside my 04 Matrix XRS (6-speed). It has 217k miles but a great service history and at $1500 for a car I can work on at home I couldn't pass it up. I'm not sure if I want to "restore" it or do some light modding. All I know is that I will never be getting rid of the front seats as they are incredibly comfortable.
SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-d60ci1zl.jpg

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!