SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-18, 04:05 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake66

Sorry, its the only picture of my 99 lexus sc300. This is the second used sc300 I've owned. My wife loves the cars. And yes i am new here and trying to find my way around. What forum should i wonder to to find questions and answers about locks and handles.

Try the DIY stickied thread.
Old 09-16-18, 11:53 AM
evosteveo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro for Evosteveo

Bought my SC300 used a number of years ago, and added a body kit with a carbon fiber hood. 20" wheels. Otherwise unmodified. Currently 116,000 miles.
Old 09-16-18, 12:26 PM
nedayala12
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Whats going on fellas, My names Ned Im from CT, i just signed up to the forum and recently purchased a 95 sc400. So far i only have 1 pic of the car. i am interested in putting some work into the car and participating in local shows and meets.

Old 09-29-18, 10:07 AM
bennylex
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Whats up everyone?! Ive been on CL back since I was 17 when I had my 00' GS300 but now I'm 25 and on my third Lexus. Haven't been on the forums much in the past few years so here's my 94' Silver Spruce Lexus SC400 currently with 80,350 miles! Have had her for about a year and a half and she's been a blast to own. Look forward to being back on here and meeting some of you all!

Old 09-29-18, 04:24 PM
domo430
Driver School Candidate

Default New to SC300 world

hows it going everybody. My name is Dominique but most call me Domo. Last weekend I picked up a 95 SC with an automatic trans for $650 and to my surprise it starts right up and runs. The only issue I’ve noticed so far is the strut mount that squeaks, the AC controls that turn on but once you start the car it blows the fuse and it’s missing a muffler. The fuel pump ECU went out and was bypassed. But besides that it’s a great car for the price I paid. Anyway my plan is to drive it for a little bit while I save up to put a 1jzgte with a T56 transmission in it.

Last edited by domo430; 09-29-18 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Forgot pictures
Old 10-03-18, 07:58 AM
Deadbroke
Driver School Candidate

Default Here to ruin a perfectly good Lexus

Took these day I came home from oversees, which was the first time I actually saw her.

This was her just today after a nice wash
What’s up everyone!
Purchased myself a nice 93 Sc300 five speed with 87k on the clock for 1800 from someone who clearly didn’t know what they were selling.
Its black with a tan interior, well what used to be a tan interior. Bought her about six months ago sight unseen and since then have stripped the interior minus the dash, dropped her on Tein coilovers (which I’ve absolutely loved), switched the motor and tranny mounts to some polyurethane Meghan racing ones, just recently swapped the clutch for a stage 2 competition clutch plus a lightened flywheel, and I know I’m forgetting somethings but you get the point.
I’ve pretty much taken the most comfortable daily driver to something far less so. Especially on the MA roads. But she’s still got a good future ahead of her full of getting made pretty and then beaten up over and over. Got real into the drift scene a few years ago and she fits the bill well.
All I’ve got to figure out now is do I turbo her? Or throw a 1uz turbo in there and put this 2j into an e36 we’ve got sitting around just for ****s and giggles. Decisions decisions.
Meanwhile I’ll post whatever updates I’ve got for the few of you who actually enjoy the hot boi style of it all or can at least appreciate something different than what they’re used to.
Old 10-03-18, 04:28 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by domo430

hows it going everybody. My name is Dominique but most call me Domo. Last weekend I picked up a 95 SC with an automatic trans for $650 and to my surprise it starts right up and runs. The only issue I’ve noticed so far is the strut mount that squeaks, the AC controls that turn on but once you start the car it blows the fuse and it’s missing a muffler. The fuel pump ECU went out and was bypassed. But besides that it’s a great car for the price I paid. Anyway my plan is to drive it for a little bit while I save up to put a 1jzgte with a T56 transmission in it.
That looks exactly like my first SC. I wanted to tell you something about your AC issue. In the little compartment right below the stereo is an ash tray and cigarette lighter. If the cigarette lighter is missing coins can fall in the hole and the main symptom is immediately blowing the AC fuse. Take a flashlight and take peek in there, that may be your whole issue.
Old 10-12-18, 03:58 PM
wsaharem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 SC300 New Member

Hi, I just purchased a 1995 SC300 with 130k miles on it!. I'm going to use this as a commute car. Would love to do a turbo, but I live on the left coast(CA) and that is not allowed. (sigh).

I was looking for a cheap/reliable/low-mileage car because I put 25k miles on my Audi last year alone!. My brother recommended Toyota or Lexus cars because of their reliability.

My sense is the car was neglected because of so many things broken or in need of repair. Based on what I've had to fix, I think I overpaid (sigh), but now I should have a reliable car and not have to fix anything for a while.

Here is what I've done with the car so far. (in 3 weeks)
- Replaced both front and rear struts (hood and trunk). Trunk was totally dead, so replaced both as preventative.
- Cleaned & softened the leather (used Preservation Solutions. seemed to work other than the really bad spots).
- Fixed blackend climate control LCD. Bought on Ebay. Much cheaper than full replacement. (worked great)
- Replaced entire stereo & speakers, added subwoofer. Have to have the music with all those miles
- Added sound deadening material everywhere. (Highly recommend this. Used Noico 80mil)
- Fixed rear speaker area because the fiber board broken when removing. Used Fiberglass mat.
- Replaced speaker cover material.
- Replaced all fluid (oil, tranny, rear-end, power steering)
- Did preventative TimingBelt, Water Pump, Drive belt, spark plugs (my wonderful toyota mechanic brother did the work)
- Did an intake flush (fixed clogged injectors)
- Polished front lens.
- Added HID for low beams, LED for highbeams. LED's for other lights all around.
- Fixed broken wires on drivers side door.
- Fixed broken regulators on both doors.

Plans:
- Adding 97 spoiler
- Add rear-camera
- Was going fix the antenna, but the gears were stripped, so adding a roof mount antenna where the old antenna goes. Hopefully will be able to modify it to fit. .(locustom is out of business)
- New Niche Milan Wheels
- Black out or Black Pearl emblems
- Fix back seat leather (too dry / torn seams)
- Not sure about suspension. I don't want it too rough/firm. But bushings could probably use some updates due to age.

Been using the site to get advice on how to fix common problems that other folks have figured out. Thanks!!

Bill
Old 10-16-18, 02:20 AM
clubcaner
Driver School Candidate

welcome like everyone else lets see pics !
Old 10-16-18, 04:03 AM
ScT96
Driver School Candidate

Default New Here (I think im doing this right)

Hey all! My names Tristan and i live in the southeast Houston area of Texas. Got my first SC a year ago last month and in the last year, its got to be the nicest car ive owned. Its a Black Onyx (I think is the paint name) 2000 with tan interior. Had no idea what i was getting into when i got her or how sought after the 2000's are/were (from what im told). Dont know exactly how forums work but im on most fb pages for sc's. Love this bodystyle way more than i was anticipating and still get compliments from everyone all the time.
Current mods are: LS400 fronts, MK4 TT rears, Soarer side markers, some square G2 wheels i believe (not sure on offset got the car with everything already on it). Also have a Vertex rep fiberglass front bumper that im getting painted soon. Pics are in profile
Old 10-21-18, 08:41 AM
simonkagan
Driver School Candidate

Is $950 too much to pay for my first Lexus SC 300? Most everything works. I love things that go fast. 2JZ and a DZ Camaro and a dual sport and a sport truck and a company car all for sale. I buy and sell stuff on Craigslist. I fix things everyday. Fixing things is what I get paid for and is what I like to do. The timing was right for me to buy a Lexus. I have owned 30 vehicles and have learned my fair share of how to modify them. Performance is doing what you want, when you want. Burnouts can be different things. If I am a burnout on listening, it is because I do not care. If I do a burnout it is because I can. The speedo on my Lexus says 160MPH. I have done 163MPH on a racetrack with a 600HP twin stick race car. I plan to fix my Lexus and sell it. I plan to have fun in the process. Oh I almost forgot, I use to drift a 86 Supra for fun. I am looking forward to joining this club and learning.
Old 10-21-18, 08:44 AM
simonkagan
Driver School Candidate

I am in CA and wish there was shop I could take my 97SC300 to and convert it to a 5 speed
Old 10-21-18, 08:45 AM
simonkagan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
What color is this? Teal Mist Metallic? Fairly rare color.....

Nice progress.... Interior repairs and upgrades are getting more and more difficult to address...

Welcome!!!
nice progress
Old 10-24-18, 12:52 AM
kutchiak
Driver School Candidate

Default What’s up family?

Hi everyone! My name is John, I’m from South Dakota and I drive a ‘92 SC400

Old 10-24-18, 10:05 PM
scshark
Driver School Candidate

Default 1997 SC300 Coupe

Hello, I've been getting into forums recently and checked this one out. So far I'm liking it a lot haha. Anyways, I bought a 1997 SC300 about 2 months ago in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is white with an automatic transmission. I swapped the out rims and threw on some sc400 17'' rims and black interior (mostly haha) My stereo doesn't get power to it but that shouldn't matter too much after I put an exhaust... Its been in a few accidents but been rebuilt; paid 2200 for it and drove it home. It runs butter smooth regardless of its past history and the one time it broke down on me while on the freeway (fuel pump). I'm focusing on giving it a major tune-up just to have a solid base (for my own sake lol) Don't know exactly where I will

go with this build, but I sure can dream. Where do I even start...

Last edited by scshark; 10-24-18 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!