SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 12:57 PM
mooooose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Beautiful SC and nice work, mooooose! And... is that a Celica All-Trac ST165 next to it??
Yes sir, its my buddies. First time tkaing it out last night since the motor rebuild. Lots of issues to take care of here before its trustworthy on the road again. Running both on antique tags so no state inspection/emissions 😊😊
Old 07-11-18, 09:12 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Great save and the SC is off to a good start. Looks pretty good so far from the front.

Looking forward to your progress. Definitely love the Celica as well!
Old 07-11-18, 11:47 PM
RustyVT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 93 400 from the boonies of Vermont

​​​​​​Hey everyone! Just figured I'd finally join the forum instead of lurking. Picked this up as a bone stock and pretty tired looking thing about 2 years ago for 800 bucks. Got to driving it and got attached real quick, so things just started to slowly escalate from there. After replacing the lower coil, fuel pump, doing the 12v mod, basic maintenance, installing a gauge cluster (seriously didn't have one) and rebuilding the ECU, it's been reliable as a hammer and a pleasure to own. First 2 pics are how it sits today (rear view on old tires), and the 3rd is the day I bought it. Just some simple mods done to it, but plan to keep adding more to the list as time goes on!
​​​​​​

Last edited by RustyVT; 07-12-18 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Forgot a pic
The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (07-18-18)
Old 07-13-18, 08:01 AM
Zach2jz
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone, I've been a long time visitor of ClubLexus for the past few years but never signed up to join in on all the conversations. Well today is the big days boys and girl! I just want to say thank you to everyone who has shared information that has helped me in the past with my SC300! Y'all are the best.
Old 07-16-18, 03:02 PM
xCWolf
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

LS motor? sacrilege. 2jz
Old 07-18-18, 12:15 PM
GokaiRed
Driver School Candidate

I'm a long time lurker here myself...had an Aristo swapped 2GS, but ended up pulling that out and selling the shell and was lucky enough to stumble upon and pick up a z30 with a factory 5 speed just last week though it's not nearly as clean as what I've seen here. I'm sure I'll catch hell for this, but I'm planning to drop the Aristo 2J in and using the car for local drift events

Anyway, as a newb to the 'yota car culture scene I learned (and continue to learn) a metric crapton over on the s160 forums and I can only imagine the plethora of knowledge I'll come across here!
Old 07-27-18, 08:08 PM
tylerlinn5
Driver School Candidate

Default New Owner

Two days ago I joined the SC300 club of owners.
I now own a mostly stock 2JZ-GE 1995 SC300 with factory manual gearbox. It needs a decent amount of work, but I'm already in love. I even learned to drive stick on it in Charlotte of all places.
I hope to restore this model with a few simple mods. Maybe add in a Soarer Gauge cluster.

My other hobbies include trail running, filmmaking, and studying ancient history.

Old 07-28-18, 12:36 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

What color is this? Teal Mist Metallic? Fairly rare color.....

Nice progress.... Interior repairs and upgrades are getting more and more difficult to address...

Welcome!!!
The following users liked this post:
tylerlinn5 (07-28-18)
Old 07-28-18, 07:37 PM
tylerlinn5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
What color is this? Teal Mist Metallic? Fairly rare color.....
It is, in fact, the Teal Mist Metallic. I'm absolutely in love with the color. Whilst shopping for a car I wanted either an SC300 or a 5th Gen Celica in teal or black. I felt so lucky to find this already rare factory manual in teal and in decent shape. I haven't made any modifications as of yet but plan to very soon.
Old 07-30-18, 09:18 PM
java300hp
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi been lurking on here for some time

Thought it was about time to say HI..this car sc400 1992 been an project for me since i found it abandoned.. it is from the USA and imported to Canada.. lots of things were wrong with it..going to make up an thread in builds which will detail
all the stuff i have found and done.
Old 08-01-18, 04:03 AM
Zyllie
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
I am new here just bought a burgundy 98' SC300 and I'm looking to purchase good condition OEM front seats(tan color) and OEM steering wheel(tan color). If anyone can help I live in U.A.E.
Old 08-02-18, 01:52 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Zyllie
Hi,
I am new here just bought a burgundy 98' SC300 and I'm looking to purchase good condition OEM front seats(tan color) and OEM steering wheel(tan color). If anyone can help I live in U.A.E.
Welcome....

Unfortunately, the front seats of SCs are the first to go as to wear and tear. Finding "...good condition OEM front seats.." is next to impossible in the US so your chances are slim.

You have roughly 3 choices. Professional reupholster, high quality seat covers (1 example below), or after market replacement seats (often involves new rails and loss of electric seat adjust). Research your best option for you....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...l#post10267399

Steering wheels have several after market choices and many go with a 3 spoke Lexus RX which requires some wiring challenges with the air bag harness. Use the search option and FAQ threads...

Post pics of your ride when you can.... and of any progress....

Old 08-02-18, 04:20 PM
Sirtomalot
Driver School Candidate

Default New member 93 SC300

Las Vegas local just swooped up an SC300 off of Craigslist. Surprisingly clean and stock. Needs some restoration and time which I will definitely put in. Green with beige clean title 160k miles!

Badges were painted and HIDS installed but otherwise stock. Chrome is peeling off of the wheels. Aftermarket deck. Ac working needed a jump but starts fine now, paints peeling a bit but looking into restoring the beautiful green, seats a bit rough but not too bad, plan on replacing carpet to black, seat work, repainting wheels to an OEM look, paint restoration, and normal maintance items!
Old 08-05-18, 03:47 PM
vtsc300
Driver School Candidate

Default New Owner 1993 SC300

Hi,

Just picked up a 1993 SC300 - Royal Jade Pearl with Tan interior. Had been sitting undriven for about a year but a pretty good service history prior to it being parked. Couple of outstanding issues - speedo not working, driver seat leather needs to be repaired/replaced, wheels need to be refinished/replace and nees some bodywork on the passenger rear quarter. Otherwise everything works. Have replaced rear trunk struts, antenna mast, rotor, distributor cap and ignition coil. Goes into the shop for replacement of all fluids, plugs and wires this week. Runs beautifully and looks terrific. These forums have already been a big help and expect they will continue to be.
Old 08-11-18, 03:48 AM
bboyjohn04
Pit Crew

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

why does your car sound familiar? by anychance was it on a build thread in superhawk forum?

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!