SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-16, 09:25 AM
93SC400TT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured I should introduce myself finally. My name is Matt and I own a '93 SC400 Black/Tan with around 144K miles. I am the second owner of the car and I have had for the past 7 years. Its been sitting for a couple years now and I am working on getting it back on the road again fixing minor issues such as the rack and pinion and a few other upgrades. I was leaning towards a 2JZGTE swap but I would really prefer to keep the 1uzfe motor and single turbo it if I can find prefab'd turbo manifolds. I have been working on cars since I could drive at my family's auto repair shop for 15yrs and worked 2yrs at a Subaru dealership building motors and tuning cars on the dyno.

Seeing all of the turbo'd SC400's has definitely inspired me to want to do the same.

-Matt
Old 09-15-16, 02:18 PM
ducatisamy
Driver School Candidate

Default From Orange County, CA

Waddup Everybody!

I'm from Orange County, CA and I picked up this white 1993 SC300 early this year. I lucked out with this car having just one owner and the odometer being right around 100K miles. Clean car - drove nice, until late July, the block blew out on me. I've been reading a lot of threads on this car and as of last weekend, I have swapped the motor out with a 1JZ-GTE Soarer motor (last photo). I'm currently working on re-routing the hoses and plugs. I will be attempting to start the car this Saturday. If all goes well, I will then extend the body plugs. I just want to make sure it runs first before cutting any wires. At least I'd know the wires are fine after start up. Hopefully, all goes well this Saturday.

1993 Lexus SC300

1JZ-GTE

Old 09-18-16, 11:09 AM
reydio
Driver School Candidate

Howzit everybody, Rey here. Been shopping for an SC300, good ones are hard to find here in Hawaii. Seen one yesterday from a dealer, a little rough but with TLC she can be brought back to glory. Car was serviced by a Lexus dealer, kind of high mileage but she runs pretty good. Hopefully I can negotiate a price deal.
Old 09-18-16, 10:10 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Nice cars guys! Good to see people buying and working on their SC projects. I know our cars are getting older but they're getting rarer to see on the road running well. Good to still see some SC love on the forums!
Old 09-19-16, 12:48 AM
Sundown300
Driver School Candidate

Hey peeps new here.. Getting out of the honda game so yea sc here i come
Old 09-23-16, 07:52 PM
tux3do808
Driver School Candidate

Default new guy from washington state

hello everyone. new here. im also looking to swap my auto to manual on a 98 sc300. also looking for a jdm 2jzgte with trans and etc. looking for someone in washington state to do it. i dont have the tools.

pm me

thanks
Old 09-28-16, 07:08 PM
Prajash
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, my name is Prajash and I'm from Surinam. My English is not so great, so please forgive me. I bought a almost scrap SC400 a while ago. The car has been sitting at a local mechanic for over 5 years. The previous owner was a convicted drug dealer and wasn't interested in the car anymore when he got out of jail... ra ra why would that be :-) ..

The car was a total mess... we seriously found rats in the car months after we bought the car. But I innitialy bought the car because it was cheap, like 200 bucks and If I would get it running I could use the engine for my Toyota Supra mk3. So how bad was it? I first towed the car to a mechanic, who just refused, and understand this dude is my friend. So I decided to do everything by myself. And a reconditioned starter, new distributor and cap, sparkplug and wires, a new timingbelt kit, a cleaned intake manifold, cleaned throttle body, a new fuel pump, a new fuel filter, a cleaned gas tank, a cut out cat, a serviced tranny and diff, cleaned injectors, unstucking a stuck motor with mystery oil, a reconditioned ECU, a big blast from the pressure washer to get out most of the rats, a prayer nobody got sick and lots of repair on eaten cables .. the car finally started!!!!! and yes I did it all by myself. And no I'm not a mechanic and have never been working on cars. Just this forum by my side and a good friend and lots of beer, got the job done!!

Well almost, we where so excited about the car starter, we forgot to check if it even drove

The car runs but idles really rough. Cold It's really hard to start and sometimes doesn't start, untill I inject some fuel straight into the throttle body through one of the vacuum holes. It still shifts bad, but I think that will get sorted after de car runs better. I thing I still have to clean a lots of stuff, making it idle better and start better. I also suspect not all cilinders working, maybe the piston rings still stuck. But after a couple of good drives I think those will expand back again. But the brakes don't work yet, so have to sort that out first. Have been braking with the emergency brake which works fine
Meanwhile found a good 1uz of a 92 celsior for cheap. So bought that to, incase some nasty suprises.

So that's my story, I know you guys want to see foto's. But dont have any now. Make some tomorrow.

Cheers from Surinam!
Old 10-17-16, 10:18 AM
bucToneLS4
Driver School Candidate

Hello. My name is Tony. Picked up a 97 sc300 auto.
Old 10-18-16, 01:15 PM
SoarerTara
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi Everybody-Just bought a JZZ30

Hey everybody, just picked up this low mileage gem in Japan, its still shipping over but I should have it on the road in a month or so. Its a 91 Soarer GTT-L 1JZ, kinda rare too, GTT-L slicktop. And it has under 25000 miles, which I am sincerely hoping means it was a weekend car and not something that drove 1 mile each way per day for the last 25 years, lol.

Old 10-23-16, 05:48 PM
93sc400nm
Rookie

Default New Member

Hi Im Mike, just bought a 1993 sc400 and thought i would join club lexus. thanks
Old 11-01-16, 07:53 AM
1BigWhite
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool IM NEW and Dont know what to do :)

Im new to the world of lexus and toyota, i got too many cars now haha. heres the list
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 440ci 4 speed hurst.
1978 MG Midget special 89ci inline 4cyl 4 speed manual
1990 BMW 750il V12 bout to chop da fak out of it
1992 Dodge Stealth RT Twin Trubskis (my baby) # 1st car
1993 Lexus SC400 NO RUST (big deal in chicago)
1999 Dodge durango SLT 5.9L
2002 Chevy express 2500 HD (work van) #freecandy?

crazy im only 21. but i love cars its in my blood. Im a master fleet tech. and have been working hard for the past 6 years. i hope i can be a good help on these fourms.
Old 11-01-16, 04:39 PM
oscarcst
Driver School Candidate

Hello My name is Oscar I stay by Los Angeles CA

Im currently installing a new engine on a 1994 sc400 original engine had a blown cylinder also some leaking from the head gasket and the back of the engine by the water caps. any ways I purchase a low mile engine from a Japanese import warehouse I got an 1FUZ from a Toyota soarer v8 . will post up pictures any advise the only problem I ran into so far is that my buddy broke the oil level sensor when we took off the upper oil pan I look it up its about $600 what upgrades can I do to the 1FUZ before mounting it back In the car .
amazed this is a big Lexus community .
Old 11-07-16, 04:41 PM
Wolvmarine
Driver School Candidate

New to the Club Lexus forums. Figured I would join as I just picked dup a 1999 Lexus SC400 that I need to do a motor change out in. She is a Florida car black on black( keep it nice and warm inside) and super clean. Currently DD is a 2010 RX350 which has been fantastic. Picked up the SC as a project car as I have a donor car for the motor with only 85000 miles on it. I am sure I will be hitting some folks up for some info on the change out. Pics will come soon.
Old 11-08-16, 12:32 AM
TensorWorl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Everybody

My names Jake, I have had an 03 GS300 for a while now which is quite enjoyable. I've been lurking on CL for years. So long in fact that it never occurred to me that I haven't registered until I went to make a post today and couldn't log in. My GS is stock and will probably remain that way but I am looking into an Aristo swapped SC300. I look forward to learning as much as I can here as I love working on cars and sharing that appreciation with others.
Old 11-14-16, 10:30 AM
Ubom
Driver School Candidate

Default My '95 SC400

I just got a 95 SC400 for free from the family of a dear friend that passed away. It has 120,000 on the clock, interior is a little shabby with the normal wear and tear but nothing that can't be fixed up nice with a little epoxy and vinyl. I don't have any big plans for now. I did a PS pump on it already. Engine is good but has a small leak. After I get that fixed, I'll probably move on to putting new wheels on her. Glad to be a part of such an informative community. You guys have made it so much easier to understand the small nuances of this car.

Last edited by Ubom; 01-25-17 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!