SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 12:12 PM
DylAye
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aloha

Hi my name is Dylan and I own a 1995 Lexus Sc400. I am one of the few SC owners in Hawaii on the island of Oahu and this is my first and only car ever and I've always looked through these club Lexus forums for help and decided to finally create an account. Looking to gain lots of knowledge from all of you and my baby (my Lexus) will appreciate it as well.
Old 04-03-16, 10:13 AM
ViciousDad
Driver School Candidate

Default 42 year old SC400 newb here. Sup everybody?

Old timer here, but new to the game. I just purchased an immaculate 1997 Lexus SC400 at an auction for $3k. Here is the link:

http://www.autoauctionofsandiego.com...ury-sport-cpe/

I won't hear the end of it, but yes it is automatic (I am 42 and too lazy to shift lol). I am more into riding comfortable, but want to have something nice to look at and ride in.

That being said, I am looking for:

1) Rim Job (LMAO, never gets old) - Should I go 19's or 20's?
2). Lowering Springs (I am a single dad and don't want to spend the dough on coilovers) - Any suggestions?
3). Intake - K&N? Any others?
4). Exhaust - Totally open but don't want to break the bank

Any feedback would be great. Thanks a bunch and happy to be here!
Old 04-03-16, 06:23 PM
Slaker13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ViciousDad
Old timer here, but new to the game. I just purchased an immaculate 1997 Lexus SC400 at an auction for $3k. Here is the link:

I won't hear the end of it, but yes it is automatic (I am 42 and too lazy to shift lol). I am more into riding comfortable, but want to have something nice to look at and ride in.

2). Lowering Springs (I am a single dad and don't want to spend the dough on coilovers) - Any suggestions?

No one is going to give you any crap about having an auto man, most of us have autos Even though we wished our cars had a factory five speed

That SC is clean!! And just 132k mi? Great find, looking forward to seeing it come along

1) IMHO 19's look best on our cars, depending on your tastes, I'd recommend rpf01's, work wheels, etc. look around in the wheels and tire fitment thread and see what you like!
2) Possibly Ebay springs? Coilovers can be had for about $535 off of eBay.
3) Do a search on the BFI, best intake for our cars, has been proven to be the most efficient while also being inexpensive, keeps a semi stock look, maybe drop in the k&n filter as well?
4) STRAIGHT PIPE!!!! Haha, if you want a bit more of a throaty note, have the resonators cut out and weld in some stainless steel , want a bit more sound but not so raspy? Leave the resonators in cut the mufflers, weld in some stainless steel pipes OR you can go with an exhaust, I'd go with just an axle back one off of eBay, but maybe it's because I'm cheap

Oh, and welcome to the club!
Old 04-07-16, 11:53 AM
Tempock
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the difference between lowering springs and coilers? And is it really better than stock height?
Old 04-07-16, 09:16 PM
Sexbread
Driver School Candidate

Default Matt from NC bought his dream car.

Hi I'm Matt and I drive a lexus sc400. I bought the car as a present for my 23rd birthday. I 've wanted one since highschool and since have lurked on club Lexus and lextreme to see what was actually realistic. While I am on a tight budget I am attempting build this car over the next few years into the car I've dreamed of. I stumbled upon the car after showing up to work one day and the small time dealer had one right out front for sale with 182k for $4400. After staring at it for four months I bought it. The stereo does works but I have no sound. Previous owner left the backup cam, sat radio antena, and mic installed but kept the head unit and installed the nakamichi. I'm guessing he had a aftermarket amp that they also kept. Anyway my plan is longtube headers, custom exhaust with x-pipe, sway bars, coilovers, BFI, Collins manual swap adapter kit using a ka24 trans(with the option to switch out to a 350z trans later), auto TT diff swap, and LS400 big brakes. Also replace any broken interior peices. I also have a dry shot of nitrous laying around(originally for my Lincoln Town car sleeper), but I don't really think it will fit in with my build plan but we will see. I excited to dive into this but know it's not going to be easy. I have a lot to learn but I hope its worth it.
Old 04-11-16, 04:26 PM
jrking
Driver School Candidate

Default 92 Sc300

I just bought my first sc300. It's a 92 black on black. In pretty good shape considering she has
297,000 stock 5 speed. I have been wanting an sc for years and now I have one. Btw my name is Justin
I am in Buford, GA. 26. Previously owned an is300 but had to sell her to hire an attorney to
Get custody of my little girl.
Just trying to rebuild this car to what she deserves to be. Just did timing belt and water pump, plugs wires,valve cover gaskets, tein coil overs, radiator, just looking for a few more things such as fan shroud and some wheels that fit the upgraded ls400 brakes. Thanks guys for creating an awesome forum!
Old 04-12-16, 04:13 AM
Devan
Driver School Candidate

JRKing I'm down in Stockbridge, GA, Divorced Dad.
I have a SC400, Congrats on your buy!
Going to Drift Atlanta?
FYI keep up with the oil.
My friends 2jz would like to overheat if the oil got low.
Old 04-12-16, 04:31 AM
Devan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ViciousDad

Looks clean.
FYI the 1uz-fe has electric TB's. Mark the positions with a paint pen.
If you power steering starts leaking, you can still drive around. Just give it a splash of fluid periodically. it just like driving with R&P again.
IS300 wheels look okay on it to start with. It really transforms the car.
The biggest question you need to ask your self is: Do you really want to stay with the Auto setup?
If the your answer is NO, into the rabbit whole you go. Red pill
If yes: Then TC and LSD and your done. Blue pill.
Old 04-14-16, 11:30 AM
Sativa
Driver School Candidate

hello i have 95 lexus sc 300
Old 04-17-16, 08:27 PM
javaswing
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbe

Hi just an quick intro, fairly new owner of an 1992 sc400, 198 thousands miles on it, yes miles, imported from CAL. to Canada. car is good shape needs some tending to the interior, but trying to resolve transmission. but that question will be posted in forum. Had many people tell just to sell it but I like the car way to much!
Old 04-18-16, 04:39 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My name is Irving, and this was probably a bad move, but i'm the new owner of a 93 SC300.
Old 04-19-16, 05:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
My name is Irving, and this was probably a bad move, but i'm the new owner of a 93 SC300.
Welcome to all the new comers and Irving , that is the best move you ever did ... owning a Lexus SC !
Old 04-20-16, 06:22 PM
francobnyc
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Hello fellow Lexus fanatics! My dream has come true! I became the proud owner of a Renaissance Red 1998 Lexus SC300 last summer. I may have overpaid the New Jersey dealer where I found her @ just over $6000 plus the minor repairs listed below but I don't care! Very clean considering she just turned 18! She had 112,800 miles on her when I got her and have only put 1000 miles on her(113,839) the past year. I only use her on weekends since me and my wife work in NYC and take the subway to work. I've been in love and lusting after one ever since I first saw SC's back in the 90's! But being that i was only 23 back then and didn't have $40,000 to spare I had to wait. I am her 3rd owner. First owner held on to her for 15yrs. and meticulously maintained her at the original Lexus dealer in Delaware. He kept the stack of service records in the original Lexus leather binder along with original owners manual which I both have! 2nd owner only had her for a little over a year(I'm sure He/She is regretting that decision now) and He/She fortunately did the Timing belt, Cam seals, Valve Cover Gaskets, Spark Plugs & Wires!! She was not perfect though when i got her. She needed a new Battery, 4 tires, Oxygen sensor, all 4 shocks, Starter, Serpentine Belt, Trunk shocks and Front drivers side Brake Caliper. Relatively minor stuff. I went to my mechanic to do all those repairs (Going to Lexus would've been way, way too expensive!) LOL. Never had any issues with my mechanics repairs over the years. Took her to my local Lexus dealer to have them check her out after those repairs and they gave her a clean bill of health! They said she was the cleanest SC they've seen in a while. One of the Lexus employees actually asked me if she's for sale! I said NO WAY! Engine is STRONG and Transmission shifts smoothly. No Leaks of any kind! Doesn't use or burn oil either! Perfect Idle. When idling you can't even tell she's on. Purrs like a kitten. She is accident free!! No warning lights whatsoever! Both front and rear Tan leather seats have wrinkles but no rips or tears! All power electronics work, A/C is cold and heat is hot. Even the 12 CD changer in the trunk works no skipping nothing! Photos were taken today 4/20. She is a completely stock Automatic and WILL stay that way! I'm not gonna mess with perfection. She will be my car FOREVER!!

Last edited by francobnyc; 06-11-16 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-23-16, 10:59 PM
Weldit321
Driver School Candidate

I am David I am new. I have a:
1995 Sc300 5spd In rough condition with a 2jz gte swap and a 67mm Single turbo. -project car
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr 6spd - Daily
I am a tig welder for Nitrous Outlet and i live in the Waco Area Love to tig weld on the side.

Name:  IMG_3755.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  201.7 KB
Name:  IMG_3764.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  274.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2016-04-22-21-52-54.png
Views: 263
Size:  718.5 KB
Name:  Screenshot_2016-04-22-21-54-55.png
Views: 276
Size:  567.4 KB

Last edited by Weldit321; 04-23-16 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 12:01 AM
ctjameson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Weldit321
I am David I am new. I have a:
1995 Sc300 5spd In rough condition with a 2jz gte swap and a 67mm Single turbo. -project car
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr 6spd - Daily
I am a tig welder for Nitrous Outlet and i live in the Waco Area Love to tig weld on the side.

Them dimes, tho.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!