SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-14, 07:28 AM
bilgen
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Welcome to Club Lexus! Some where in the threads is one about fixing your amp, by replacing some frets & transistors for about 22$, as long as your circuit boards are not fried. Lexus put them(Amp) in a bad place& if the drain tube for your gas filler door becomes disconnected it fills the right rear Qtr pnl with water thus shorting out amp which is constant hot. Under CD player. Suggest you move it up into trunk. Rebuilt ones seem to cost 300.00 to 400.00$ from what I,ve seen, but you may get a good used one for less. Nice cars!
Thanks!
I have seen that thread! So I opened my amp up and found that it had already been repaired before, .
They basically fried the board repairing it, it's bad. Plus the frets are untouched.
SO, I splurged on a used one from eBay, only $190 shipped for a used non-repiared nak amp w/ 30 day warranty
Old 06-21-14, 07:48 AM
Swede426
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Welcome to Club Lexus! Whether you are a long time lurker who just got your new-to-you SC or a recent joiner, please post here and introduce yourself to the rest of the SC community.

Tell us a little about yourself and your SC. If you have them, I strongly enourage posting pictures of your ride (you will certainly be asked by the members) in your introduction.

As the moderator team comes across other new member introduction posts, we'll merge them here.

NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW SC IN THIS POST, they will get lost in the shuffle. I'll quote one of our forum moderators with some good guidelines about getting started on CL for those questions:

A final note, please be sure to start off with the FAQ / DIY Links thread at the top of this forum.
Hi my name is Lynn I live in port orange Florida , just got my lexas
SC300 out of shop, (6 months) Redic , but it had sat for 3 years so
I am grateful. Wish me luck and I'm sure I'll need help along the way.
Would send pic if I could figure out how, gotta roll right now, will attempt again soon.
Old 06-21-14, 10:39 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi!

I'm a recent college grad from Northern VA, and I've recently purchased my dream car, a 1995 SC300 (auto).

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-yerdmih.jpg
SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-16e9inx.jpg
SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sndunsz.jpg
Old 06-22-14, 07:52 AM
Austin2048
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I'm from Wisconsin and I just picked up this 93 SC400 a few weeks ago. I traded my bad head gasket n/a 5 speed 87 Supra for it. I've fallen in love with the car. I love all of the features it has for being such an old car. It seems like the one I got has all of the options except for heated seats and traction control. But I don't plan on driving this during the winter so that doesn't really bug me much. I'm having a few issues with it but I posted a thread in the engine section going over those. She's rough around the edges but not bad for being a Wisconsin car. I hope to pretty her up little by little. SC400 Pics

Name:  IMG_20140531_201358.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20140526_154125.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  118.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20140526_154046.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  134.9 KB
Old 06-22-14, 05:06 PM
Dtree300
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm new and I like sc300s lo

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and any forum actually (so sorry if I didn't use the right thread or whatever), anyway I'm really interested in buying a sc300 5spd and I found one locally for a reasonable price- 7k with 112k miles, of motor and all. It's in pretty beat shape when it comes to exterior but it has an exhaust, box headers and other goodies. He started sanding down the paint to raw metal and told me that he planned on a pearl paintjob. Either way I'm gonna get it dipped or wrapped. I'm not farmiliar with what wears out on a sc300, so if you could tell me what I should make sure he replaced it would be much appreciated. Btw I'm 17, I know enough about cars from reading forums, and I'm hoping this is a car that would be good for me to learn hands on and work on given the extensive supply of aftermarket (I plan on getting the Dave h turbo kit later on. -thanks guys and no disrespect to the owner if your reading this haha if you wanna see pictures pm me cuz I'm not sure how to post them.
Old 06-23-14, 11:25 AM
OverlandRR
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys newbie to the lexus world here! I haven't purchased yet but I'm going to be picking up an sc400. Figured I would do my research here first before making the choice on year engine etc.

I currently own a Range Rover Sport and had a 2006 GTO before that. This will be my first import sports car project. Looking forward to getting to know the community and these sweet cars.

Cheers!
Old 06-23-14, 01:02 PM
Jgarbacz
Driver School Candidate

Default My sc400

I am new to this forum just finished up my car 92 lexus with a bullet m112 blower kin installed makes 6psi IMF headers Zex 125 shot w58 swap let me know what you think. Car mad 293 whp and 375tq at a dyno day last year and that was N/A just nitrous.
Old 06-23-14, 01:03 PM
Jgarbacz
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics

https://www.clublexus.com/g/picture/1395300
Old 06-23-14, 06:31 PM
bullrider
Rookie

Hi - just introducing myself. I don't own a Lexus but bought one yesterday for my 85 year old mom. Found her a very nice 98 ES300 to replace her 1998 Olds 88. I know nothing specific about Lexus other than that it's an excellent brand for reliability and longevity. Hoping to keep Mom happy with her 'new' car when she actually gets it in mid-July. (Waiting for the seller to return from vacation to finish the transaction.) So far she is very excited about it; after test driving it she said it drives like a dream and I agree. Anyhow, don't be surprised to see a few questions from me.
Old 06-23-14, 09:43 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Welcome to CL but you may want to post in the ES model section.... This is for SCs.... Moderators may move or delete your post....
Old 06-23-14, 11:21 PM
ika
Driver School Candidate

Hi my name is ika, i live in Hawaii, I got me a free 1992 sc400...needs a lil tlc but it's not too bad!!!besides the gas guzzling part I'm in love!!! Black and automatic with some weird generic chrome wheels...I have some crazy plans set for this car!!!
Old 06-24-14, 12:50 PM
clayface
8th Gear

Default Please help

Hello fellow Lexus fans. My name is Bryan, I'm a newbie here and the happy owner of a 93' Pearl SC400.

Car has over 204,000 miles on it and was running perfectly until about a week ago. Here's what happened: Turned the AC on while waiting in a parking lot after a very short ride to a local deli and after running AC for a few minutes, car starting idling pretty rough, gave some gas to clear up and still continued to idle rough, shut AC off and tried a little more gas again and this time it stalled and hasn't started since.

Took spark plugs out of both sides and tested for spark...both sides bright blue/white spark. Checked rails for fuel at start up and plenty of fuel gushed out, assuming good there. Put all back together and no ignition. Took air intake apart and tried starter fluid in throttle body, nothing.

In the past 3 months I had replaced the following, mostly for my long trip as prevetative mantainance: Timing Belt with all necessary componants for that job, high performance altenator, radiator, thermostat, fuel pump, struts and stut mounts. Car drove great from Long Island to Port Saint Lucie Fl. and drove fine for about a month after that. First time car has left me stranded.

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? Money very tight after my house fire which left me homeless, which is why now live in FL and can't afford to spend on guessing wrong.

Also, jumped TE1 & E1 for a code from engine light and all it does is blink continuous, along with my O/D On/Off light. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 06-24-14, 08:07 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by clayface
Hello fellow Lexus fans. My name is Bryan, I'm a newbie here and the happy owner of a 93' Pearl SC400.

Car has over 204,000 miles on it and was running perfectly until about a week ago. Here's what happened: Turned the AC on while waiting in a parking lot after a very short ride to a local deli and after running AC for a few minutes, car starting idling pretty rough, gave some gas to clear up and still continued to idle rough, shut AC off and tried a little more gas again and this time it stalled and hasn't started since.

Took spark plugs out of both sides and tested for spark...both sides bright blue/white spark. Checked rails for fuel at start up and plenty of fuel gushed out, assuming good there. Put all back together and no ignition. Took air intake apart and tried starter fluid in throttle body, nothing.

In the past 3 months I had replaced the following, mostly for my long trip as prevetative mantainance: Timing Belt with all necessary componants for that job, high performance altenator, radiator, thermostat, fuel pump, struts and stut mounts. Car drove great from Long Island to Port Saint Lucie Fl. and drove fine for about a month after that. First time car has left me stranded.

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? Money very tight after my house fire which left me homeless, which is why now live in FL and can't afford to spend on guessing wrong.

Also, jumped TE1 & E1 for a code from engine light and all it does is blink continuous, along with my O/D On/Off light. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
ECU could be bad?
Old 06-25-14, 06:19 AM
Spindrift
Driver School Candidate

Another new guy here. Recently picked up an SC300 from a friend back home(currently in Spain) to use as a daily driver for when I work on my other car. I actually know nothing about it besides it is an auto transmission and has coilovers. Looking to pick up some new wheels as the ones in the picture were kept by the PO, luckily ive been browsing the wheel fitment thread already and got some ideas on what im looking for. Hope to learn a lot here and wrench on it when I get back!

Last edited by Spindrift; 06-25-14 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-26-14, 09:07 AM
NazanS
Driver School Candidate

Congrats...take care of the SC!!!

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!