SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Even trade.. what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 06:56 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those who have no idea what so ever about the e31, the 8cyl is actually about a fender slower than the 850i v12, and surprisingly with a chip it'll beat the v12. 850csi is definitely the shz... So other than jealousy I can think of, I guarranty if you had the ability to trade your lexus for a 8, you'll do it. The drive is a day and night difference to any sc3 or 4, whether mod or not . But don't get me wrong I still love my previous sc400 vvti.

Last edited by scfou; 10-20-11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 03:57 AM
hellasc92
Driver School Candidate

SC'S 4 life DONT DO IT!!
Old 10-21-11, 12:50 PM
scfou
Pole Position

I've already completed the trade and have been driving the 8 ever since. It's amazing. I guess I understand where some of you are coming from with all your discouraging responses. When I was in my teens to early 20's I use to talk just like some of you, statements that don't require any thoughts at all. Just because I can only afford to own nothing better than a lexus, I would give myself excuses just to feel better about myself. But it's okay with me because most importantly I'm actually experiencing how it really feels to sport an e31, and fortunately, that's the best response I can give to myself over all your assumptions .
Old 10-21-11, 12:54 PM
dreamsc300
Driver

pics then^
Old 10-21-11, 12:59 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best of luck my friend. The 8 series was one of my all time favorite looking cars.

My only word of advice is to make sure the cooling system is top notch. I had an E-Class Benz and the fan clutch stopped working one day. Yep, car overheated, blew headgasket, etc.
Old 10-21-11, 01:08 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Best of luck my friend. The 8 series was one of my all time favorite looking cars.

My only word of advice is to make sure the cooling system is top notch. I had an E-Class Benz and the fan clutch stopped working one day. Yep, car overheated, blew headgasket, etc.
Thanks man, the cooling system was just replaced with all new hoses too. A lot has been done and that's why I feel there shouldn't be too many problems in the near future, and especially being the fact it will only be driven during the weekends.
Old 10-21-11, 01:10 PM
scfou
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dreamsc300
pics then^
Pix for sure especially now that I'm waiting on the custom plates. I will take them tonight and post them up either tonight or Saturday.
Old 10-21-11, 01:52 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 414 Likes on 342 Posts

If the BMW is in good shape, I would do it. The 8 Series BMW was one of the coolest coupes in the 90's and was way ahead of it's time. It's also one of the few cars from the 90's that looks almost as good as the SC in my opinion.
Old 10-21-11, 06:43 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I've always admired the 8 series "from afar" but the BMWs in general are just too unreliable and expensive to own.

I just recently got my SC back from my son and while I am keeping it stock (no coil overs for me, folks, or big shiny wheels) I am having a blast reading and seeing what people have done and can do on these great cars.

It is your money and your time to decide if you want to go down that path with an 840 but you have a great ride now and likely have more choices to create whatever you want to do to evolve it. Some of the cars on this forum are works of art and labors of love and I continue to be awe struck by the before and after stories.
Old 10-21-11, 07:01 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scfou
I've already completed the trade and have been driving the 8 ever since. It's amazing. I guess I understand where some of you are coming from with all your discouraging responses. When I was in my teens to early 20's I use to talk just like some of you, statements that don't require any thoughts at all. Just because I can only afford to own nothing better than a lexus, I would give myself excuses just to feel better about myself. But it's okay with me because most importantly I'm actually experiencing how it really feels to sport an e31, and fortunately, that's the best response I can give to myself over all your assumptions .
Good for you man. I woulda dumped this ****r in a heartbeat for an e31...post pics of it asap
Old 10-21-11, 07:37 PM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Hey, I love the 8-series. It's one of my favorite cars and I desperately want one. Just don't come crying when someone inevitably breaks and you start having problems.

And, being an 8-series, something WILL break.
Old 10-22-11, 06:32 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

well thats so nice of you to ask our opinions then put us down for them, also the fact you ignored most people here who raised legitimate concerns shows you had your mind made up already.

Assuming all the people here cant afford your car and rubbing our noses in it shows youve got no class at all.

Good riddens , off to the BMW forum with you.
Old 10-22-11, 12:11 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

BMW 8 is one of the best looking cars of all time I consider it an exotic. I wouldn't dd it though. Nothing beats the 8 with wide staggered wheels setup. Pic plz!!
Old 10-22-11, 03:26 PM
blueboost6
Rookie

It is by far the best looking bmw now get them pics. up
Old 10-22-11, 04:34 PM
JJ823
Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
well thats so nice of you to ask our opinions then put us down for them, also the fact you ignored most people here who raised legitimate concerns shows you had your mind made up already.

Assuming all the people here cant afford your car and rubbing our noses in it shows youve got no class at all.

Good riddens , off to the BMW forum with you.

No kidding he asked opinions and got them. No one was even rude but him lol. Some people even said get it and he even insults them by saying "Just because I can only afford to own nothing better than a lexus, I would give myself excuses just to feel better about myself". Good riddance.

Originally Posted by Duck05
I've always admired the 8 series "from afar" but the BMWs in general are just too unreliable and expensive to own.

I just recently got my SC back from my son and while I am keeping it stock (no coil overs for me, folks, or big shiny wheels) I am having a blast reading and seeing what people have done and can do on these great cars.

It is your money and your time to decide if you want to go down that path with an 840 but you have a great ride now and likely have more choices to create whatever you want to do to evolve it. Some of the cars on this forum are works of art and labors of love and I continue to be awe struck by the before and after stories.

me too Im amazed at what some people have done to these vehicles, I visit this site more then any other, motivates me for mine. I also like it mostly stock my only plan is to go na-t for later on. Its a timeless car for any age. I plan on keeping it forever.

Last edited by JJ823; 10-22-11 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Even trade.. what do you guys think?