SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-02, 02:00 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My new toy!

Just took a few pics of the SC00 I bought off of my buddy Marcus. I had an extra set of silver TT supra rims from my supra, so I sent them off and had them chromed. Put on some new g-force kdw's on 275's in back and 235's in front (Perfect fit).

I have to say, this has got to be my favorite car purchase in my long list of vehicles owned. The car is absolutely amazing, it drive so smooth and refined. To say the least, I'm extremely happy and excited about my new project car.

The mods I'll do over the next few weeks are
-lower with eibach pro kit
-open that intake up a bit (thinking about making a custom one,
with a K&N cone at the end.
-add the small spoiler
-paint match skirts

Next year, comes the swap!!!

I added a little memory of my supra in the last one like my floormats...

Proud new owner !
Old 09-08-02, 02:29 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car, look very clean.

Congratulations.

MW
Old 09-08-02, 02:33 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Thats a sweet looking SC you got there. I think you should add a nice dark tint plus trunk shocks if you add that stock spoiler. I would get a tint first though. Awesome car though. White pearl is great on an SC and GS. Keep it clean and add pics after the mods.
Old 09-08-02, 05:04 PM
4HUN
Pole Position

It looks really good. I think the skirts and the wing will look great! Post some pics when done.
Old 09-08-02, 06:54 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Thank you guys. I'll definitely take pics as my project evolves.
Old 09-08-02, 07:00 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

nice ride, my dad was thinking of buying it, a guy he works with is friends with him. you should come out to the chicago lexus club meets. check the forum under the team section. im sure the other guys in chicago would like to hear from you. there arent many SC owners in chicago.

Kevin
Old 09-08-02, 07:50 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Hey Kevin,
I was alittle hesitant at first, mileage, color, wheels, etc. However, all that I had to do was invision the potential of the car, and I was sold. Marcus and I talked awhile back about me buying it, but I was set on black. However, I started to think and look more closely at the pearl, and it immediatley began to grow on me.
Also, after driving the car, and feeling how smooth it ran, the mileage issue went out the window.

I'll be sure to hook up with you local owners.
Old 09-09-02, 12:54 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

cool sounds good, my dad was also concerned with the miles. but he needs a car to drive the grandparents around in, and the SC has no rear seat, as we all know.

Kevin
Old 09-11-02, 04:55 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: My new toy!

Originally posted by quikturbo
Just took a few pics of the SC00 I bought off of my buddy Marcus. I had an extra set of silver TT supra rims from my supra, so I sent them off and had them chromed. Put on some new g-force kdw's on 275's in back and 235's in front (Perfect fit).

I have to say, this has got to be my favorite car purchase in my long list of vehicles owned. The car is absolutely amazing, it drive so smooth and refined. To say the least, I'm extremely happy and excited about my new project car.

The mods I'll do over the next few weeks are
-lower with eibach pro kit
-open that intake up a bit (thinking about making a custom one,
with a K&N cone at the end.
-add the small spoiler
-paint match skirts

Next year, comes the swap!!!

I added a little memory of my supra in the last one like my floormats...

Proud new owner !
Custom intake? Ehhh? Here is mine:

- Chris

PS. Supra floormats fit without any problems?

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 09-11-02 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-11-02, 06:21 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Very nice!!

The supra mat fits perfect on the passenger side, however, the driverside has a small section on the lower left side that doesn't cover the lexus. The supra had this section cut out to fit the trunk/fuel door releases. Other then that, they fit great. Its alittle momento from my supra
Old 09-11-02, 06:35 PM
DIrEctQL

Very nice!!

The supra mat fits perfect on the passenger side, however, the driverside has a small section on the lower left side that doesn't cover the lexus. The supra had this section cut out to fit the trunk/fuel door releases. Other then that, they fit great. Its alittle momento from my supra
Lexus mats are expencive and they keep on moving up all the time so I can't press the gas all the way. Maybe Supra mats would be cheaper and better! Not to mention it would go fine with my Supra logo on the brakes. Heheh.
Old 09-11-02, 06:41 PM
MAmornIS
Driver

Very nice!!

Don't you miss your Supra though? Wait, your name is Chris..Your Kryger's friend with the T88 right? I remember him telling me about you at the Elmhurst meet..He said you guys started out with Eclipses..Well welcome to the Lexus family now...Mack
Old 09-11-02, 07:08 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Directql, you can get a damn good deal on the Supra mats from Jeff Watson. you can find his info on www.mkiv.com under vendors.

Mack,
Yeah, thats me! As you can see, I like to build and sell just kidding. Actually I started with the eclipse with the intent on driving and just tinkering, then when the big turbo found its way on the car, the bug bit me hard again (previously was mustangs). Then two years ago, I finally had the cash to pick up my supra. I had loved the car since 94 when I was a Senior in HS. I modded the car, loved it to death, and by the way I do miss it a bit. But what I was able to make off the car, I would have been stupid not to take the offer. Not everyone can sell something they built with there own two hands, and their blood, sweat, and tears, but money talks Its just a car, and it was time for a new project. I wanted more of a sleeper with a touch of luxury. Hence the SC. So the story continues, mods for this car will come soon, although, the bigger house will come first

Also Mack, it was a T78 on my car, not the 88.
Old 09-11-02, 07:29 PM
MAmornIS
Driver

Hey Chris. I thought it was you. I really have much respect for you and Kryger putting on all the parts yourself. I wish i knew you guys back then so i could at least watched and helped. Anyways, the Sc will for sure be an awesome sleeper. I won't ask your plans for it, cause it maybe a secret =) hehe.. i knew you had the T78. Kryger has the T88. I remember asking him which one was better. He said i used to have the T78, but not enough for him..He gave me the advice if i was going with any greddy kit to just go with the T88..I plan on it, but i just had crankwalk on my Supra, so its @ SP getting a new shortblock =( Well i hope to meet you soon dude..Mack
Old 09-11-02, 07:56 PM
DIrEctQL

Directql, you can get a damn good deal on the Supra mats from Jeff Watson. you can find his info on www.mkiv.com under vendors.

Mack,
Yeah, thats me! As you can see, I like to build and sell just kidding. Actually I started with the eclipse with the intent on driving and just tinkering, then when the big turbo found its way on the car, the bug bit me hard again (previously was mustangs). Then two years ago, I finally had the cash to pick up my supra. I had loved the car since 94 when I was a Senior in HS. I modded the car, loved it to death, and by the way I do miss it a bit. But what I was able to make off the car, I would have been stupid not to take the offer. Not everyone can sell something they built with there own two hands, and their blood, sweat, and tears, but money talks Its just a car, and it was time for a new project. I wanted more of a sleeper with a touch of luxury. Hence the SC. So the story continues, mods for this car will come soon, although, the bigger house will come first

Also Mack, it was a T78 on my car, not the 88.
I need a job first, but first, did you get my PM? I was wondering if you can get me these wheel center caps. You need to jump back on the AIM more often, lol. TTYL.

Quick Reply: My new toy!