SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Varrstoen Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 06:42 PM
tpham86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I test fitted some 19x9.5/10.5 2.2.1s on my car the other day. I'm slightly lowered on
Eibachs and they were poking like crazy! No way I could run them unless I did an aggressive pull on the fenders + massive camber. I think the +22 well work alot better..
Old 03-25-11, 07:07 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by QwkSC
Wow, their anodized stuff looks really cool.
Yes i agree with this

those blue ones looked very nice IMO

I dont think they would go well with most SC's but if you could somehow pull it off i think they would be real head turners if done properly.
Old 03-25-11, 07:25 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ jintei is rocking the TE reps from them. I have heard good things about that company.. and a few minor problems with them cracking here and there. But REPS are REPS. So far so good from them.

Fair warning the +22 offsets wont clear supra TT brakes i tried.
you speaking from experience? because many people i know have real 2/3 piece wheels bent and cracked...just sucks if you spend 3gs and your rims crack/peel/bend unless youre a big baller and got the $$$ to blow
Old 03-25-11, 07:31 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
you speaking from experience? because many people i know have real 2/3 piece wheels bent and cracked...just sucks if you spend 3gs and your rims crack/peel/bend unless youre a big baller and got the $$$ to blow
yes weve had this debate b4-----its a known fact that the name brand rims--expensive ones---can crack , bend and break as well.

I think people just assume because a wheel is less in price it is prone to cracking, i dont agree with that at all.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 03-25-11 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-25-11, 07:42 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are 19's the smallest size that these guys can make? Lame!
Old 03-25-11, 07:57 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They make wheels in 18's. I was actually looking for pics of those rims on different cars all day today. Google "look what came in today z32 nico" and you can see what they look like in 18's on a 300ZX.
Old 03-25-11, 08:44 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

they plan on bringing the other ones in 18s too... they just opened with 19s ... soon will release 18s.... i know so many whose Work or VIP brands start loosing clear coat and can see oxidation... so why spend so much u wonder sometimes... don't get me wrong ... they are nice when new... but wish for 2K to 3K there's more of a guarantee or warranty.. or something..
Old 03-25-11, 08:50 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
yes weve had this debate b4-----its a known fact that the name brand rims--expensive ones---can crack , bend and break as well.

I think people just assume because a wheel is less in price it is prone to cracking, i dont agree with that at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB6SRslk

Reverse engineered wheels that are made to look like something they're not.

Hit a pothole. $50 to straighten a bend on a quality wheel vs $??? to replace a cracked knockoff.
Old 03-25-11, 09:02 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by benxd

Hit a pothole. $50 to straighten a bend on a quality wheel vs $??? to replace a cracked knockoff.
who straightens wheels for 50 dollars? its gonna cost you mount/dismount and rebalance at least 30 on a low profile. Please dont show me some promotional video for a japan wheel company...i got a buddy that just hit a small pothole with his japan made racing heart 2 piece wheel thats bent like ***** and now hes stuck riding on stocks looking for a place to straighten his wheels. Closest place 1 hour away....hes pissed he blew his money cuz hes not rich and expected more from a set of multi thousand dollar set of wheels that act like cheap knock offs. What about the cheap sears/pep boys wheels that people drive on for years and years at a time...my wife had a set of katana racing heart knock offs for 3 years on her camry 7 years ago and they lasted 3 years and 2 sets of tires, they bend but didnt leak and clear peeled just like real expensive rims after about a year and good winter.
Its cool though, some people have experience watching youtube videos...carry on
Old 03-25-11, 11:16 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by drpatel77
they plan on bringing the other ones in 18s too... they just opened with 19s ... soon will release 18s.... i know so many whose Work or VIP brands start loosing clear coat and can see oxidation... so why spend so much u wonder sometimes... don't get me wrong ... they are nice when new... but wish for 2K to 3K there's more of a guarantee or warranty.. or something..
I have noticed that a lot of the nice high end wheels I see for sale here on the forums are bent up or messed up clear coats. I don't know how if it's because people don't take car of their wheels or if the authentic wheels aren't all they're cracked up to be...
Old 03-25-11, 11:28 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I have noticed that a lot of the nice high end wheels I see for sale here on the forums are bent up or messed up clear coats. I don't know how if it's because people don't take car of their wheels or if the authentic wheels aren't all they're cracked up to be...
Yup, you answered your own question, many don't take care of their wheels or use the wrong chemicals, leaving chemical burns; therefore jeopardizing longevity. Most manufacturing processes of higher end wheels allow the wheel to bend upon impact not crack, not saying these companies don't produce bad batches once in while, no one's perfect.

I'm not going into a "knock-off" versus "legit" debate. All I'm saying is there's a reason why one high end wheel can get you a set of knock-offs for the same price. You get what you pay for, not just a brand. What you pay for is the R&D from each of these manufacturers.
Old 03-26-11, 12:28 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ jintei is rocking the TE reps from them. I have heard good things about that company.. and a few minor problems with them cracking here and there. But REPS are REPS. So far so good from them.

Fair warning the +22 offsets wont clear supra TT brakes i tried.
thanks! found it: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6256078-post75.html
Old 03-26-11, 04:12 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benxd

Genuine wheels FTW!
Old 03-26-11, 05:21 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice looking wheels, I remember reading a thread on Supraforums where one guy said he contacted the company and they didn't recommend them for high horsepower cars.
Old 03-26-11, 06:01 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Nice looking wheels, I remember reading a thread on Supraforums where one guy said he contacted the company and they didn't recommend them for high horsepower cars.
i dont see how thats possible, if you ever seen quality of weld wheels(probably the worst) and they hold up fine in 1000+hp applications and i have hands on experience with using them on my own car with a decent amount of power

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Rims