SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Two of a kind

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 01:13 AM
booga
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Two of a kind

It was about a year ago that I found my SC in 5 speed. I spent months searching for her. At first I kept it local and searched listings in LA and Orange County along with Inland Empire - ONE hour drive. I was already searching Florida listings when I found her in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The seller mentioned in the ad that he can provide Carfax on request. The Carfax was clean. I was a little worried about the low miles accrued in the last few years since he bought it. I was getting to know the seller to guage the type of driver that he is. It turns out that his commute is three miles from home to the Intel facility. He has three cars which he alternates to drive to work, and since the SC is a 2 door, it was not a weekend car since the four door infinity in the garage was a better fit for the family outing.

One of my first posts in this forum described the buy experience and the drive back to California.

Once in a while I still browse through Craigslist and Ebay to look at what SC listings. I bought my daughter an automatic SC300 when her 4Runner broke down. I was so familiar with the SC market, I got hers at a steal for $2,700. The only problem it had was the rack and pinion bushings were worn. It cost me $600 to fix. Apparently the local dealership quoted almost 3k in repairs which is why her SC was priced so low.

This car should last her until she is done with college.

Clickfor a bigger picture

Old 01-28-11, 05:40 AM
HEWJsc4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I'm sold on the SC as well. Can't imagine not owning one. On my second SC400 and am contemplating buying another to build up.
Old 01-28-11, 06:50 PM
booga
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was considering the SC400 for my daughter, but the search during that time did not come up with good candidates. The 400 is not prone to head gasket issue which her last ride a 4Runner ended her service when the engine seized up.

I like my SC and I plan to build a clean sleeper someday.