SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Gt5

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 07:53 PM
Koa31
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Online gameplay is good... except for wen the honda guys act like they run it until I spank'em. It seems like the honda boys who can't afford to hook up there cars in really life turn to GT5 and talk ish and showoff.
Old 11-28-10, 08:11 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Go buy a GS for me! Maybe it's an Aristo in the game?
Old 11-28-10, 10:05 PM
hovsc400
Pole Position

man i am hating right now the car came up once in the used car dealer (SC) and i have checked back after every race and it hasnt shown yet so i ended up buying a aristo in da meantime until it shows it face
Old 11-28-10, 11:09 PM
KingpiN.SC
Pole Position

Hmmmm.. really debating on picking this game up.. but this may actually force me to grab it. How is the gameplay altogether? From the videos I have seen the sounds are finally somewhat realistic..
Old 11-28-10, 11:48 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still trying to get the SC myself in the PSP version of the game.
Old 11-29-10, 01:52 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yuuppp bought my gt5 on release day. there is the soarer too...
Old 11-29-10, 02:46 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

I'm a GT fanboy so I'll be picking it up for sure after this semester is over, can't wait!
Old 11-29-10, 06:40 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I might pick it up. I've heard from a lot of people that it sucked for a game that's been in development for 6 years though.
Old 11-29-10, 07:29 AM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

It's been in development for 6 years and they couldn't figure out the '97 SC3 has a 2JZ rather than a 1JZ? Couple that with the average scores it's been getting and the lack of customization and I'll pass on this one.
Old 11-29-10, 08:19 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

i used to be a HUGE GT fan but after playing the game for about 2 hours at a friends place yesterday i feel like they really dropped the ball on this game when it comes to industy standards. they thought they built a game for the western market by adding nascar and what not, but they failed. most of the gt fan base could care less about nascar. cars do feel well simulated when it comes to the different configurations, and the tire smoke is some of the best ive seen in a racing game.

this is my short list of qualms with the game:
you have to log alot of hours just to get access to cars(access to MAYBE 50 cars in arcade mode, otherwise you must obtain them in GT mode in order to even play with them)
no motor swaps
no brake up grades
engine upgrades dont even show what kind of power you would gain
no interior views on 80% of the cars (only 200 cars have interior, and forget it for the sc/soarer/anything thats not a high dollar car)
cant rotate camera around car while in game
engines sound like a vacuum cleaner just as in gt4
environments are as bland as they were in gt4
must have a "paint chip" just to paint a car, and the only way to obtain it is by owning a car of the color of the chip.
menus are a cluster****

someone please correct me if some of these observations are incorrect.

if youre used to rocking forza3 this game will just feel....lacking and bland
if youre looking to log a lot of hours into a game for the simulation and to to unlock events, cars, etc. then its for you

Last edited by nivek5sfe; 11-29-10 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-29-10, 01:23 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by WsKSilent
Yes it does show the gain for any engine upgrades, but other than that everything you said is right on.

I don't get why they didn't put brake upgrades?

And the standard/premium cars thing suck. Can't change wheels at least on standard cars!
ok i wanst 100% sure, i tried going and putting a turbo on something but didnt see any preview for the upgraded numbers. i knew you had to be able to somehow

wait what cars can you not change the wheels on?
Old 11-29-10, 01:28 PM
tacomonkey
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WsKSilent
Yes it does show the gain for any engine upgrades, but other than that everything you said is right on.

I don't get why they didn't put brake upgrades?

And the standard/premium cars thing suck. Can't change wheels at least on standard cars!
They must of had some OCD programers
Old 11-29-10, 01:28 PM
Sidesweep
Driver

Seems as though the game is lacking quite a bit for the amount of time they spent working on it. Graphics are of course better but gameplay and the amount of options were sacrificed as a result . I'll stick with Forza
Old 11-29-10, 03:09 PM
sc400vip
Driver

i bought this game and im actually giving it out, you cant even throw some rims because is standard come on 6 years on the making and part 1 and 2 are better than the rest i would recomend everyone getting an xbox and getting forza a few years in the making and it's alot better than any gran turismo game out there, cant wait for forza 3 i dont mean to write anything bad about it to those who like it but not even a chance to go wingless come on gran turismo its time to wake up.... have anyone actually timed the loading time in this game they tell you to go offline to make it quicker hellllo, the point is to play online...
Old 11-29-10, 04:06 PM
KingpiN.SC
Pole Position

I actually picked the game up today.. Not bad IMO. If you go into it thinking that it is going to be this miracle game just because it has been in development for 6 years, you are going to set yourself up for disaster right off the bat. As a driving sim game, it is definitely not at all bad. The car sounds have definitely improved overall, but still need some serious work. Other than that, the go-kart mode is really fun, and the gameplay is pretty good.

Out of curiosity... what level is the sc300 and when did it appear for you?

Quick Reply: Gt5