SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

** New pics of Auto-Couture kit installed **

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-02, 07:11 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

it looks pretty complete to me...no need for clear lights and stuff like that. it looks very classy right now. even the wheels look like a good size, even though they're 18's!!! I think I will consider this kit and the Wald kit down the road...
Old 07-29-02, 01:52 AM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Steve,
Autocouture baby!!!
Very sweet! and I'm not just saying that because I'm bias. I love how it looks on a black car, very classy.

- tanner
Old 07-29-02, 02:54 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...clear tail lights are rather...uh...APC if you know what I mean...definitely not right on any car, especially a Lex...

The '97+ tail lights look the best IMO...the ONLY, ONLY thing I would change on Steve's ride are the wheels...those wheels are VERY VERY NICE (excellent quality too) but I would want 19" wheels (too bad they don't make those in 19"...I'd buy them in a heartbeat!)
Old 07-29-02, 05:03 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Manaray get Blitz Technospeed Z1s! thats almost like the rims he has

at first sight thats what I thought they were but sometihng was different

I have 19x8.5 Technospeeds and I love them and they get looks from the people you want to get looks from

and the kit looks beautiful... I'm sorry that alot of of missed out on that GD
Old 07-29-02, 09:03 AM
Jzz31
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering, is the kit fiberglass? The kit looks really good but it looks a lot like the evolution kit.

http://motorsportwarehouse.com/lexus.shtml
Old 07-29-02, 09:15 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Jzz31- welcome to CL! Yes, the ACS kit is fiberglass and the pic you were looking at that says Evolution is the ACS kit (take a good look at the red one vs. the gold one...same kit). If I'm not mistaken, Auto Couture is a part of Evolution in Japan...someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 07-29-02, 09:18 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Thank you everyone!!

It's great to hear the feedback, Body kits are a personal choice, not everyone will like the AC kit, I wanted something subtle with exceptional fit and finsih.

Yes, it is a full fiberglass kit, steep driveways are a challange but you get used to it. I was thinking of 19's, but since this car is used by more than one person in the family I wanted some of the the ride quality to remain.

Manaray will have to OK any Future GB on the AC kits, I'll try to convince him for one more shot at it, it will go through him and CL with me doing the follow up work..........

Manaray, so what do you think? What can we do differently this time to make sure?
Old 07-30-02, 04:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Take a non-refundable 50% deposit. The only way to get a refund is if the minimum is not met on the group buy. That should get rid of the riff raff and only the REAL buyers would pop up.

Also, flakes from the last AutoCouture GB need not apply...Steve, let me know what the best price that you can get on these and the minimum...

Just FYI to whoever cares, I'll be out of the country for pretty much the entire month of August so please don't get mad if I don't respond to a post or PM/email. So no GB in August unless Ethan approves it...
Old 07-30-02, 07:03 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Originally posted by manaray
Take a non-refundable 50% deposit. The only way to get a refund is if the minimum is not met on the group buy. That should get rid of the riff raff and only the REAL buyers would pop up.

Also, flakes from the last AutoCouture GB need not apply...Steve, let me know what the best price that you can get on these and the minimum...

Just FYI to whoever cares, I'll be out of the country for pretty much the entire month of August so please don't get mad if I don't respond to a post or PM/email. So no GB in August unless Ethan approves it...
I think 50% would work wonders Also no being around in august isn't bad either, give everyone enough time to save up at least 50% for the deposit. I'm torn between buying my 2JZ shortblock or the AC kit now, but if an AC GB comes buy at a rate similar to last time I'm in
Old 07-30-02, 07:46 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

I really like the front bumper. Good choice, Steve!
Old 07-30-02, 08:49 AM
krypto
Driver

nice.....
Old 07-30-02, 11:28 AM
ronishere
Driver School Candidate

i have a black 93 sc300 and i really really want that kit on my car. i have some money but i don't know if i will be able to pay for all of the kit + shipping + paint + installation! how much did it cost total for everything? i'm sure you looked around and got a good price...could you tell me who to call?

thanks,

-Ron
Old 07-31-02, 12:08 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

looks good, but I don't really care for the clear lenses, or for a black sc400 in general worse yet if it is a 300. unless it is force fed. Steve if you have any questions PM me.

but seriously. it looks very clean, we need cleare pics of the front. thank you for taking my money.

ricky
Old 07-31-02, 12:19 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Wow!!!..........Are you trying to be my friend?
Old 08-01-02, 04:03 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Oh yeah, just to clarify, AutoCouture is a label UNDER the Evolution Company. Evolution has quite a few labels under their belt.

That website that showed the Art'n'Motion SC with the "Evolution" body is the exact same kit as the AutoCouture kit on the Gold SC (further down on that website) and the kit that Steve has. (So Daygo is 100% on the money)

Quick Reply: ** New pics of Auto-Couture kit installed **