SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC 300 front turn signal bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 06:11 PM
stromer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC 300 front turn signal bulb replacement

Does any one have any instructions on how to replace a 1994 SC 300 front turn signal bulb? Some similar threads have said it is complex and you have to remove the entire front headlight assembly. An advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Old 05-24-10, 06:15 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to stick your hand in there, turn it, and remove. You will probably have to remove your battery. Headlight removal is not needed.
Old 05-24-10, 07:58 PM
topdog849
Lead Lap

dont even need to remove the battery, just twist n pull, remember which way it went in. there 3 different size slots on the bulb, it will only go in one way
Old 05-26-10, 11:57 PM
stromer
Driver School Candidate

Default Turn Signal Removal - How to do

I need additional information. You can't just go in and remove the bulb. You have to remove something first. Thats what I am not sure what to do. Do you remove the front glass cover that is in the same plane as the front body or come in from behind somehow. The below link shows removing the front lens cover. There seems to be a rubber substance - perhaps a gasket between the glass cover and the body. It seems to be coming apart. Maybe someone might have a link to a repair manual that showed details on how to do this.
Thanks, Rick

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...ghlight=DIY%2A
Old 05-27-10, 12:08 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stromer
I need additional information. You can't just go in and remove the bulb. You have to remove something first. Thats what I am not sure what to do. Do you remove the front glass cover that is in the same plane as the front body or come in from behind somehow. The below link shows removing the front lens cover. There seems to be a rubber substance - perhaps a gasket between the glass cover and the body. It seems to be coming apart. Maybe someone might have a link to a repair manual that showed details on how to do this.
Thanks, Rick

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...ghlight=DIY%2A
Yes you can, the bulb is held in a socket which is in the headlight housing. All you do is reach in the back of the headlight, and twist the socket loose, then pull it out. You do NOT need to remove the lens cover. That would be unbelievably unnecessary because you would need remove the whole headlight in order to put it in the oven to remove the lens. By that time you could have changed your turn signal 100x over
Old 05-28-10, 09:17 AM
philllyj
Rookie

Hil is correct, I replaced mine by using needle nose pliers to reach & grip then turning counter-clockwise.
Old 05-28-10, 10:41 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think he/stromer is talking about his corner lights. Here are the steps I took in replacing the (fog light) bulb on my 95 it should be similar, keep in mind your bulb size is 1156 and is a twist off connection not like the H3 bulb in my 95 Sc.

Removal of the fog light bulb

1. Take a couple of bolts off on the front fender splashguard, pull back and locate(use a flashlight) the casing. The foglight will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. Turn it counter clock-wise to open the casing.

2. This will give you access to the bulb and socket. In the casing is a white plastic, the bulbs connection fits snug into the socket. I had to wiggle and tug, until I jarred it loose.

*NOTE* disconnect the wire from the socket before you open the clasp. This keeps the bulb in place and out of your way.

3. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten.

4. When you replace the new halogen bulb don't touch the glass with your fingers, it shorten the life causing it to burn out faster.
Old 05-30-10, 12:04 AM
stromer
Driver School Candidate

Default Turn Signal Removal - How to do

So far none of the responses seem to answer the original question. Atch are photos showing the front left (driver side) turn signal light that needs replacing. The picture of the turn signal that needs replacing (the outside bulb in the front 3 bulb casing) is the yellow one that is on. The one shown is the right side because it works (the left side does not work). The left side is shown from the rear and it can be seen that there is no easy way to just replace the bulb as suggested in the first few threads. It seems that something needs to be removed to get to the bulb. That is why I am asking the question on how to replace the bulb.
Attached Thumbnails SC 300 front turn signal bulb replacement-turn-signal.jpg   SC 300 front turn signal bulb replacement-turn-signal-front.jpg   SC 300 front turn signal bulb replacement-turn-signal-rear.jpg  
Old 05-30-10, 12:53 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stromer
So far none of the responses seem to answer the original question.
Pretty much all the responses answered your question. Just reach in there and find the bulb housing... it's not that hard.
Old 05-30-10, 01:18 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

I'm sorry but are you even trying what everyone has been telling you? The headlight does not need to be removed in any way. All the work is done behind the headlight.

Try sticking your hand in there and turn the socket. If your hand can't fit, then remove your battery or just take off the battery holder and move it away so your hand can fit. For the other side is the same. Reach and turn. It takes less than a minute.