SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What will you get after SC? (seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-10, 05:46 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i already got rid of my SC for my third DC integra. but it was merely an issue of cash.

after long debate about what to look for next, I somehow came back to the realization that the SC is one of the best built, best looking, and reliable cars out there, so I am in the market for another suitable SC. no doubt it won't be a 5 speed this time.. but oh well.

as far as your initial post. i really disagree with you when you say "the SC starts to show it's age". the lines are so smooth, mature, classy, and timeless. the SC remains one of the most beautiful cars on the road. with a few tasteful mods and a fresh coat of paint, i honestly believe the SC still rivals newer cars like the 350z, g35, s2000, and other late model sport compacts.
Old 05-23-10, 06:56 PM
STRTORPTR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
as far as your initial post. i really disagree with you when you say "the SC starts to show it's age". the lines are so smooth, mature, classy, and timeless. the SC remains one of the most beautiful cars on the road. with a few tasteful mods and a fresh coat of paint, i honestly believe the SC still rivals newer cars like the 350z, g35, s2000, and other late model sport compacts.
I agree.

The only way an SC can "show its age" is if it has been taken care of. Worn paint and torn seats can make any car look older. In my opinion the first-gen SC body is one of those styles that really age well.
Old 05-23-10, 07:18 PM
Sciller
Driver

1995 gs300 to aristo! mos def!
Old 05-23-10, 07:26 PM
jefferino
Lead Lap

Just got rid of my SC and got a 04 BMW M3 Convertible...
Old 05-23-10, 11:05 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Within the next 2 months I'll be getting rid of my SC and hopping in an e46 5 speed.
Old 05-23-10, 11:09 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
i really disagree with you when you say "the SC starts to show it's age". the lines are so smooth, mature, classy, and timeless. the SC remains one of the most beautiful cars on the road. with a few tasteful mods and a fresh coat of paint, i honestly believe the SC still rivals newer cars like the 350z, g35, s2000, and other late model sport compacts.
Imo, there is no such thing as timeless, at least when we still live in time. Everything gets olds, and that's fact. I would say the most obvious thing about Sc that makes it look a bit outdated is its thin profile, its body is thin and long while never cars have much thicker design. Example below.

vs

Now with that being said, I completely agree that Sc was way ahead its time in terms of interior and everything else

Last edited by Vadim540i; 05-23-10 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-23-10, 11:10 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
Within the next 2 months I'll be getting rid of my SC and hopping in an e46 5 speed.
I had e46 5 speed, great car Which one are you getting?
Old 05-23-10, 11:24 PM
schef300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
Honestly I dont have any plans on selling the SC.....every now and then I entertain the thought of getting rid of her but thats only when she starts talking back to me and being a royal ***** lol..........hell I do the same with the wifey and have yet to can her lol.

I didnt buy the SC to impress anyone and I could seriously careless whether the style is out of date or not, as long as I like the look of it thats what matters to me. If people find the SC out of date, slow, etc they can kiss one of my 2 *** cheeks......and if they really have an issue they can kiss both and call it a day.

I have a few other cars/toys that I have for my need for speed and long drives all of which I would sell before my SC........there is just something about the SC that I love more than most cars out today. Imo most cars that are out today look like a they came from another planet and have zero character........they all come from the same mold and thats just not for me. To me the SC has character which very few cars nowadays have and only a handful from the 90's.

To the OP.............I dont know you from a hole in the wall so dont think I'm being a jerk or anything like that and please dont take this personal because that is not my intention. If you are going to sell the SC because it is becoming out dated, under powered, etc........then I would recommend either A) getting out of the car game because 90% of cars go through this or B) stop trying to fit in or impress people by what you drive because it is a battle you will not win.

Now with that being said if you or anyone else are going to sell the SC because you stop liking it, financial reasons, family, etc............then imo thats a good reason to move on, but if its for reasons as mentioned before you are going to end up buying and selling alot of cars and houses in your life.

To stay on topic I'm looking into the purchasing another GTO Judge or a Tundra neither of which will be replacing the SC, instead they will be complimenting it lol
thanks for reading my mind.
and may i add that the 2jz as a power platform is among the best of the best and power levels are endless with different turbo setups.Im surprised you only mentioned the 1j and 2j in their stock form.

and to contribute to this post. Id realistically pick up a fuel efficent 4 door such as a gti and keep it bone stock. And in the future when im out of college and find a good job i will take 1 of each a skyline r34,a plymouth barracuda 3rd gen,and a newer model gs.
Old 05-23-10, 11:53 PM
STRTORPTR
Driver

Originally Posted by Vadim540i
Imo, there is no such thing as timeless, at least when we still live in time. Everything gets olds, and that's fact. I would say the most obvious thing about Sc that makes it look a bit outdated is its thin profile, its body is thin and long while never cars have much thinker design. Example below.
The 3-Series coupe, like the Infiniti G, is based off a sedan and not really what the SC competed with. Sedans usually have a higher roof line and shorter overhangs giving the impression of a shorter, stubbier profile. A better comparison to the SC and representation of the modern personal luxury coupe would have been with the current 6-Series coupe and where we see that low roof, long tapering nose match up pretty well with ideal ratios and dimensions of what we'll call a "true" coupe...

...Personally what I think ages the SC is the lack of amenities that modern luxury vehicles have like integrated nav-screen, iPod connection, on-board diagnostics, etc. Also the steering wheel, center console, and instrument panel are pretty bad. All that stuff can be retro-fitted, but they rarely ever end up with a good fit and finish.
Old 05-23-10, 11:56 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

well I'd like to think that i'll always have an SC for a project... it's one of my favorite cars ever and I love the driving experience I get from it. i really like the looks of the new GS's though, so when it comes time for a practical four door that's probably what I'll get. I'm also in the process of buying a 2002 wrx wagon for my fiance, always loved those cars and stoked she does too! when i have more money though a 911 turbo or a cls500 would be nice.
Old 05-23-10, 11:56 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STRTORPTR
The 3-Series coupe, like the Infiniti G, is based off a sedan and not really what the SC competed with. Sedans usually have a higher roof line and shorter overhangs giving the impression of a shorter, stubbier profile. A better comparison to the SC and representation of the modern personal luxury coupe would have been with the current 6-Series coupe and where we see that low roof, long tapering nose match up pretty well with ideal ratios and dimensions of what we'll call a "true" coupe...

Great point, never actually thought about it that way

Last edited by Vadim540i; 05-24-10 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-24-10, 12:06 AM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Most likely another Lexus. Either an LX or a GS
Old 05-24-10, 12:23 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

another Lexus if i can, but if j can't definitly a Toyota
Old 05-24-10, 01:00 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry but its not bs when I say I wont sell my SC..and if I do, it would be for another SC...
Old 05-24-10, 01:17 AM
fliptrix
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

A 2000 sc400

Quick Reply: What will you get after SC? (seriously)