SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Burning oil and high temp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 07:51 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning oil and high temp?

Ok heres the run down, the car is a 1jz swapped sc300, I was driving it and noticed the fuel ratio was staying at 11.5-12.5 at idle, then the car started getting really hot, so I pulled over, popped the hood, and it looked ok, no steam from the radiator or anything, so I restarted the car and drove it slowly home. Well as I was leaving the parking lot I pulled over into, the car started smoking terribly, it was white smoke, antifreeze I presume, then it stopped for the rest of the ride home and cooled down a bit, but when I got it in my garage, I reved it a few times and it was burning a ****ton of oil, I could see it coming off the turbo (the car is singled) and spewing out of the exhaust, but no more white smoke.

What I've done:
Compression check, came back 175+ on all cylinders
Checked the turbo for shaft play and oil on the turbine wheel, very little shaft play and no oil on the turbine wheel.
There WAS oil on the top of the plugs, I'm not sure if the valve cover gasket is bad, but would that cause all that smoke and high temps?

I figure it can't be a blown head gasket with 175+ on all cylinders, maybe a valve cover gasket and maybe a blown turbo.

Also, I noticed an oil like substance on the floor of my garage, it was VERY watery and did not feel like oil, it was in an obscure spot aswell, under the stock battery location, which is where my PS reseviour is, my battery is in the trunk. I could find a dripping mix of PS fluid and antifreeze, my radiator used to leak, it hasn't since I put some of that leak stopper **** in it. Green plus red= clean oil colored watery solution?