SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New to the forums, and already ranting

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-10, 04:44 PM
blobs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums, and already ranting

So I registered as ***** and a mod changed it to blobs, but I think thats just as good. I wanted to post my 1994 Burgundy SC400... which I spent alot of time detailing last night... And then when I woke up this morning, I found out someone had Keyed my car. This is infuriating because last year, the last time we had a car parked RIGHT IN FRONT of our townhouse, someone keyed the hood of our Buick Roadmaster(another RWD v8 ). ADDITIONALLY, someone tried to break into our house last week while I was on vacation, and we are pretty sure it was an attempted burglary and not vandalism, and we reported the person who we thought it was (and returned to the scene of the crime later that night), to the police, and they said they were going to his grandmothers. So either it's that same kid, or possibly one of the adults who lives in our development, the same person who keyed it before. Either way its alot of bad luck, especially with the brand new car, its infuriating. All I am, is glad they didn't key the windows. I now have to:
1) sleep in the car
2) buy an outdoor wifi camera w/ nightvision(money that could be going to parts) or the more cost effective method
3) Put a sign on the car stating that the car is under video surveillance until I can legitimately afford the camera.

Please any advice is appreciated. And to make usage of post efficiency, heres my pictures

1994 SC400 w/ 105k Miles, Gold package, georgia owned, single old lady owner. Bone stock.

Old 05-16-10, 05:15 PM
cino21
Pole Position

sorry to hear that man.. that's rough.. the car is gorgeous though!
great p/u

i would most def look into a night vision camera.. i've never had any of my cars vandalized besides childish egging.. but i've always considered a security camera for the inside of the car, saw a hummer with one and he said it's works great.. not sure if that was a gm upgrade or not...
Old 05-16-10, 05:19 PM
Pspice
Lead Lap

car looks awesome wheres the damage ?
Old 05-16-10, 07:15 PM
blobs
Rookie

Heh, well I feel pretty stupid. I guess, after analyzing some photos that were sent to me of the car when I purchased it two weeks ago, I noticed the scratches were subtly there. I feel like a moron, but I guess while washing it in the dark, I couldnt see the scratches, and assumed they were fresh... Theres that hypochondriasis gene exerting its influence into my thought patterns. We did have some vandalism to our car last year though, and with the break-in/window smashing last week, im more paranoid than ever. It would be good to have some cameras installed on the property though... just in case!

Theres some keying's on the back right fender, drivers door, some scratches on the rear lens's, and some scrapes on the bumpers, all from the previous owner. I swore the scratching said "B****", so maybe they didnt like the previous owner too much

Hopefully can get a detail shop to help me out, if not, might have to spray her.

Cino21: Thanks, and that was from my iphone camera!
Old 05-16-10, 08:35 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to clublexus
Old 05-21-10, 01:47 PM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Jeeze, Where in IL do you live. Around here... all I worry about is having a bird poo on my car.
Old 05-21-10, 02:18 PM
blobs
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shadowen
Jeeze, Where in IL do you live. Around here... all I worry about is having a bird poo on my car.
North shore... but if you live in the chi city you should have alot more to worry about than just bird poop... like police impoundment, boots, theft, and most importantly other drivers(namely taxi's as Ive lost 2 cars in taxi related accidents in the past 2 years.)