SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-18, 04:11 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks like Gerry had a copy of the diagram further down on post #70, will update the first page
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9149617
Old 12-17-18, 05:41 PM
Polarisman
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Right on! In other news, got my hands on a genuine Denso map for only $25. He offered it to me free but I felt obligated to give him something. Upside of these using the stock MAP is that most people in the supra/2j world toss their sensors in favor of an AEM so they are easy to find.
Old 12-21-18, 01:17 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarisman
Right on! In other news, got my hands on a genuine Denso map for only $25. He offered it to me free but I felt obligated to give him something. Upside of these using the stock MAP is that most people in the supra/2j world toss their sensors in favor of an AEM so they are easy to find.
You are in good shape!!

About your fuel pump, ive had 3 of them fail on me on a friend's car. 2 of them burned up ..replaced them with 2 walbro 400 series and its been going 5 years now.

If you are going with a bigger pump, i wouldnt use the stock wiring on it, I would give it it own 40 amp relay and 40amp inline fuse.

If you need help with the wiring , i will help you.

Old 12-21-18, 01:46 PM
Polarisman
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey,

Nice to hear from you! Was it the AEM pump you had issues with or the OEM one at a higher power level? I think the relay I have is 30 amp 4 pole but I'll up size if you think its necessary. I am def running fresh wires and already have a fuse holder and fuse to solder in line. Just using the old positive as a signal to trigger the pump.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-18, 06:06 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a new scenario. Recently upgraded from an Aristo auto ecu to a MINES chipped 6 speed supra ecu. I'm now throwing a code 55 which is the aft knock sensor failure code. I have yet to confirm but I'm certain I only have one knock sensor and it's forward. I believe my options are to:
​​​​​
​-Install a second sensor and run the extra wiring for the second knock sensor
-cheat and splice the sensor into both sensor inputs

Thoughts?

I'm strongly considering the first option so everything works properly.
Old 12-31-18, 02:59 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

You should have a second knock sensor, if it's removed the wiring should be there unless you have something custom going on. I would not splice them, they will become less sensitive and might not even work right, just figure out why you don't have a second sensor and fix it. The ecus shouldn't make a difference unless something is wrong with one of them as far as I know.
Old 02-03-19, 08:18 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Any help for dummies?

So I currently own a aristo tt ecu and seeing all this, kinda scares me, I assume theres no way to kind explain this for dummies other than "dont do it dummy" lol but yeah scary
Old 02-03-19, 10:32 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vinyvin
So I currently own a aristo tt ecu and seeing all this, kinda scares me, I assume theres no way to kind explain this for dummies other than "dont do it dummy" lol but yeah scary
It's really not that bad. Just take your time and follow the instructions to a tee and - short of having some cheap bad parts - you'll be OK.
Old 02-03-19, 10:49 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Originally Posted by High PSI
It's really not that bad. Just take your time and follow the instructions to a tee and - short of having some cheap bad parts - you'll be OK.
I hope so man.... any advice tho before I jump in?
Old 02-04-19, 09:40 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Get a good map sensor and a good ecu and follow the guide.
Take your time and double check over your wiring, and you shouldn't have any big issues.
Heck I got mine running and I didn't even know it would work for sure.

Alot of people have had a bad ecu or map sensor, so if possible get good ones that you can test out or hope for the best.
Old 02-04-19, 10:22 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Thanks all for the replies, but few questions

Is it easier to keep the stock distributor? My main worries are all the wire following and getting mixed up.
I have a 1997 SC300 so would an aristo jdm ecu work fine?
Also heres the dumb questions, where would I put the MAP? Would a GE harness work fine? How long you think the job usually takes?

full disclosure Im a young college student (Check out my build, I could use advice there too) so Im trying to understand as much as possible before spring break, all advice is welcome! If Im askibg very vague questions or need ti be more specific lemme know
Old 02-04-19, 11:39 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks all for the replies, but few questions

Is it easier to keep the stock distributor? My main worries are all the wire following and getting mixed up.
I have a 1997 SC300 so would an aristo jdm ecu work fine?
Also heres the dumb questions, where would I put the MAP? Would a GE harness work fine? How long you think the job usually takes?

full disclosure Im a young college student (Check out my build, I could use advice there too) so Im trying to understand as much as possible before spring break, all advice is welcome! If Im askibg very vague questions or need ti be more specific lemme know
Just read the first 2 pages of this guide over and over and over again. Your answers are all there. I'm serious i read it like 4 times before i even attempted it on my car. I've had the TT ecu mod for over 2 years now and i'm running 20 psi of boost!
Old 02-04-19, 11:52 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Originally Posted by scsexy
Just read the first 2 pages of this guide over and over and over again. Your answers are all there. I'm serious i read it like 4 times before i even attempted it on my car. I've had the TT ecu mod for over 2 years now and i'm running 20 psi of boost!
Alright, I cant wait for the monent everything clicks, then boom Im part of the NAT gang haha
Old 02-04-19, 04:47 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Alright, I cant wait for the monent everything clicks, then boom Im part of the NAT gang haha
W

Remember you just need to have a good idea of tackling each part of the install and what you will need for each step.

You will(should) have the access to the information in the guide while your working on the car.

I actually installed the TT ecu onto my car before installing my turbo just so there would be less variables to mess with. Took it for a spin everything worked well and i proceeded to the turbo installation.

I used 440cc injectors from Osidetiger on ebay, a Jdm 6 speed ecu so i wouldnt have to deal with the AC stuff and my cars manual, Supra Map sensor and GM Intake air temp sensor(just what i could get quickly), Is300 Ignitor and coils and a few feet of red black and green wire.

I used Xs power kit but don't really recommend it but it was super cheap 1200. Driftmotion has a decent turbo kit actually for not to much money if you have no idea what your doing. You would be best off buying everything you need individually and peiceing a kit together.

Turbo
Turbo manifold that fits your turbo choice
Blow off valve
Wastegate with proper spring for the boost your want probably 7-10psi spring ( you can only double your spring with a boost controller I got a 12 psi spring)
Boost controller (optional you can rely on your wastegate spring until you want more boost)
Downpipe / gasket
Intercooler / intake Piping
Turbo Oil feed and return lines. / gaskets
is300 oil filter bolt (or drill and tap your stock one like i did)
injectors Make sure you get plug and play for the 2jz na (just do your research)
ecu

Last edited by scsexy; 02-04-19 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-04-19, 07:45 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Originally Posted by scsexy
W

Remember you just need to have a good idea of tackling each part of the install and what you will need for each step.

You will(should) have the access to the information in the guide while your working on the car.

I actually installed the TT ecu onto my car before installing my turbo just so there would be less variables to mess with. Took it for a spin everything worked well and i proceeded to the turbo installation.

I used 440cc injectors from Osidetiger on ebay, a Jdm 6 speed ecu so i wouldnt have to deal with the AC stuff and my cars manual, Supra Map sensor and GM Intake air temp sensor(just what i could get quickly), Is300 Ignitor and coils and a few feet of red black and green wire.

I used Xs power kit but don't really recommend it but it was super cheap 1200. Driftmotion has a decent turbo kit actually for not to much money if you have no idea what your doing. You would be best off buying everything you need individually and peiceing a kit together.

Turbo
Turbo manifold that fits your turbo choice
Blow off valve
Wastegate with proper spring for the boost your want probably 7-10psi spring ( you can only double your spring with a boost controller I got a 12 psi spring)
Boost controller (optional you can rely on your wastegate spring until you want more boost)
Downpipe / gasket
Intercooler / intake Piping
Turbo Oil feed and return lines. / gaskets
is300 oil filter bolt (or drill and tap your stock one like i did)
injectors Make sure you get plug and play for the 2jz na (just do your research)
ecu
Youre a legend for this info. This community is so great man I cant thank you or everyone else enough. Also you think i would save money pieceing the kit myself? I worry I cant find custom manifolds and all, main things money tho. But I wont do it unless I do it right the first time. Love my SC too much haha Also i plan on keeping the stock distributor, the only reason i would upgrade is for power no? Hope to hear from you soon thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod