SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-18, 01:48 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

There is a 2 pin connector on the stock coil that is mounted by the cruise control stuff on the passenger side.
You don't need to use that though, so just ignore the stock coil connector/wires and run the new 3 wires from the ignitor to the coils like in the diagram, and also for the b+ splice at the ignitor.
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (10-26-18)
Old 11-01-18, 09:43 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks to you sir it’s all done on that part!!
I have another question I do t know if you can answer this.
my 97 block and the tb has a 2 tpss one for throttle the other for trac I guess.
Instead of taping into tps wires can I use the second tps wiring for map for positive and ground?( Or will that activate the trac in the jdm tt ecu?
here is a pic of it for reference.
my car is a 97 so is all the ecu to engine wiring, but my head and block are obd1 I’m just going to throw this out there so we know what’s I’m doing
Old 11-02-18, 08:44 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

for tapping into the 5v and ground for the map sensor you can use either tps.
it wont activate trac its just getting the 5v and ground.
the JDM ecu can control trac, if you SC originally had it but I am not sure if it works plug and play or some wiring changes need to be done.
my guess is that its plug and play if you wiring harness (2nd tps plugs etc..) and chassis (that metal canister looking thing by the brake booster) and engine (2nd tps and throttle plate) have the trac stuff on it.
Old 11-15-18, 06:19 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
what fuel pump are you using? If you want to put a denso or anything more than a walboro, then run regular automotive 12v relay that is triggered by the stock fuel ecu (drivers side B pillar thing behind seat).
if you are running a walboro you can probably just use the stock wiring and just change the pump.

anything in the 58mm to 64mm range would be a good match for the tt ecu mod, but it depends on how fast you want it to spool and how much power you want to make, along with quality 440cc injectors.
im about to install an oem turbo mkiv fuel pump.

Thanks for the response btw. You’ve really helped me out the past couple years. 👏
Old 11-16-18, 09:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

No worries, good luck with the mods and I would use the stock fuel ecu to trigger the mk4 pump.
no sense in frying the stock fuel ecu if your is still working, the relay will make sure it keeps working for a long time.
They aren't getting any easier to find.
Old 11-16-18, 10:30 AM
Arppe
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more mod done for GS300. Still using stock distributor to make sure that new ecu, igniter and my wiring was ok. Car was like stock on first start after the mod. Now just have to install coilpacks, spark plugs and bigger injectors and turbo and hide all those wiring from engine bay of course. Thank you so much Ali SC3 for this thread. It was easy to make this mod with this guide.

i have extra Denso IK20 laying around. Do you think those are good enough with this mod? Injectors will be 470cc with this setup.

small video from the first start after this mod:

Last edited by Arppe; 11-16-18 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-19-18, 03:27 AM
TRD1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys!

Has anyone used Impreza WRX injectors blue Denso ones, from research they come as 440cc, high impedance, top feed, 11mm and are apparently direct drop in and plug and play on the connectors to. Ive ordered a set was just wondering if anyone else has had any success with these?
Old 11-19-18, 08:51 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD1
Hi Guys!

Has anyone used Impreza WRX injectors blue Denso ones, from research they come as 440cc, high impedance, top feed, 11mm and are apparently direct drop in and plug and play on the connectors to. Ive ordered a set was just wondering if anyone else has had any success with these?
I tried them, but was not able to get them to work correctly. I am not sure that the issue was the injectors, though.
Old 11-19-18, 01:27 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Arppe
One more mod done for GS300. Still using stock distributor to make sure that new ecu, igniter and my wiring was ok. Car was like stock on first start after the mod. Now just have to install coilpacks, spark plugs and bigger injectors and turbo and hide all those wiring from engine bay of course. Thank you so much Ali SC3 for this thread. It was easy to make this mod with this guide.

i have extra Denso IK20 laying around. Do you think those are good enough with this mod? Injectors will be 470cc with this setup.

small video from the first start after this mod:
https://youtu.be/mfSat5nU50o
Sounds good, glad its working out. I haven't used the IK20 but look around online if it works with the 2jz
I normally use the bkr7eix or bkr6eix but everyone likes different plugs

Hi Guys!

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
I tried them, but was not able to get them to work correctly. I am not sure that the issue was the injectors, though.
Not familiar enough with them to know but let us know how it works out. sounds close but check height and spray pattern also.
Old 11-19-18, 03:17 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ali SC3

Not familiar enough with them to know but let us know how it works out. sounds close but check height and spray pattern also.
Good point. The WRX Light blues require that the spacer be removed from the fuel rail to fit. The spray pattern may have been the issue.
Old 11-19-18, 09:40 PM
TRD1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once Ive got the ECU installed I will report back.

What issue would the spray pattern cause, and would it be a problem for our engines?
Old 11-20-18, 09:53 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Once Ive got the ECU installed I will report back.

What issue would the spray pattern cause, and would it be a problem for our engines?
Here is what I wrote on the WRX injectors back in March in this same thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...l#post10146587
Old 11-20-18, 10:47 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

spray patterns are usually close enough but some like the rx7 are more of a stream than a spray since the rotor sits further away.
I am not sure about the boxer engines and what kind of injectors they have.

also they have to be the right impedance, not all high impedance injectors are equal.
those blue injectors look like they are a generation newer and should work but the dead times or lag times might be off and need adjustment, and thats only something you can do with the standalone. with the factory ecu you have to try and match as much as possible.
Old 11-26-18, 05:32 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys!

There's only one place I'd trust to but used injectors and that's from OsideTiger on eBay. I and several others have used their sets. They typically sell 440cc-850cc injectors in 100cc increments. If they advertise drop in then you're getting drop in. Good luck with the WRX injectors.
​​​
Old 12-01-18, 06:20 AM
Polarisman
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wiring pinouts?

Hey all,

I see the wiring diagrams on the first page and am having a hard time sorting through some of them. I am wondering if you guys can help me present the information in a different manner...thinking like a list of the sensors you need for the conversion, each with what pin for the sensor goes to what pin on the ecu (or switched v+, battery v+, or ground as necessary). Having pin locations is much more useful than colors as we are all using different sensors, year, auto or manual, etc.

I am also curious as to whether anyone identified the part number of the ecu crimp pins and gauge of that wiring. I already have what I need for the install, but if this info isn't available I can do some leg work for you guys and find the part number, gauge, hand crimp tool part number and insertion/extraction tool part number. I assume that last part will be of interest to some of you as it thoroughly sucks having issues because of a pin not fully inserted, or mid inserting and not being able to remove without destroying the pin, wire, or connector.

To clarify, are the wiring diagrams showing the mating side (front) or insertion side (rear) of the connector? All diagrams should state if possible.

I am so appreciative to each and every one of you who has contributed to this so far. With no garage an temps falling, I won't be starting in on this til spring, but am hoping that with your guys' help, can kinda spoon-feed a foolproof method to install this. I will start off the next post with all the sensors and electrical mods that I believe are necessary, and if you can comment with what wires go where, I'll edit that post until it's complete. If desired, a mod can move this to the top after completed as well just to have a couple ways to interpret the same "to-do" list for this mod.

Thanks!!!

Matt

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod