SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 New Exhaust Setup...Way TOOO LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 12:40 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEX V8 FTW!

i've had my Ksport Coilovers box in my room for a week now... i will finally install them saturday for pics
Old 03-31-10, 03:09 PM
cino21
Pole Position

installed my ksport coilovers..check out the new thread!
Old 04-02-10, 08:50 AM
snowfox444
Driver

This exactly how I want mine to sound!!! I'm a chick, and I love it!!! You must have the wrong kind of girlfriend lol aren't they supposed to be supportive???

Does it register to 95 Decibels or less? Here, you'd get pulled over every time a cop passes you. talk about a daily nuisance! but, it is legal here if it registers <95 decibels. Similar to CA laws. Anything to enhance exhaust loudness besides what a stock muffler produces is illegal - example: glass packs.

Under current Maine law, exhaust noise restrictions do not apply to a muffler or exhaust system that does not emit noise in excess of 95 decibels as measured in accordance with SAE standard J1169.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions for this newbie please and much appreciated!!!
Old 04-02-10, 09:16 AM
Whoareu
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im from california i would get pulled over in 5min leaving my house. my gf would hate it but i kinda like it sounds really aggresive would have to hear it in person
just like snowfox said we need supportive gf.
Old 04-02-10, 01:10 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by snowfox444
This exactly how I want mine to sound!!! I'm a chick, and I love it!!! You must have the wrong kind of girlfriend lol aren't they supposed to be supportive???

Does it register to 95 Decibels or less? Here, you'd get pulled over every time a cop passes you. talk about a daily nuisance! but, it is legal here if it registers <95 decibels. Similar to CA laws. Anything to enhance exhaust loudness besides what a stock muffler produces is illegal - example: glass packs.

Under current Maine law, exhaust noise restrictions do not apply to a muffler or exhaust system that does not emit noise in excess of 95 decibels as measured in accordance with SAE standard J1169.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions for this newbie please and much appreciated!!!
lol where have u been all my life lol jk

I'm pretty sure this is way over the legal limits so if you are trying to make your car louder and stay legal, i would suggest a carb approved catback system... b/c they are tested to california limits
Old 04-02-10, 02:00 PM
sc400vip
Driver

yo that same thing happened to me i had to go to a muffler shop 3 times because it was to loud i ended up with keeping my cats,resonators, and factory exhaust the only thing i change was the piping to 2.5 and it shure sounds better now low but with a nice v8 rumble.
for some reason that allways happens to sc400 they get loud as world if anyone is tempting to do this i think this is a perfect forum and perfect videos to see before doing it specially with states restriction hahahha not that some of us care to much but o well good forum man.
Old 04-02-10, 02:16 PM
cino21
Pole Position

lol yeah luckily for me out here in.. the cops don't really bother anyone, i mean they said it was loud but shrugged their shoulders like as long as ur not drinking and driving.. WHO CARES lol
Old 04-02-10, 02:20 PM
cino21
Pole Position

i picked up my RACE READY 2.5 ELECTRIC CUTOUTS on wednesday.. i still need to get another stock exhaust manifold.. 500 bucks from Lexus!... and i'll then have them installed right before the mufflers so it will still sound like before with the touch of a button

i'll take a pic of them when i get home.. haven't had a chance to
Old 04-15-10, 11:25 AM
cino21
Pole Position

finally installed my RACE READY PERFORMANCE 2.5 ELEC CUTOUTS
it sounds just like it did with only straight pipes before we installed the twister mufflers now i can leave my neighborhood and then hit the switch

switch is hidden!

ran wires through here on both sides and sealed it back up with water proof shiz

Clearance is even with exhaust

Old 04-15-10, 02:35 PM
dieverse
Rookie

sounds so sick man where in tx are you at i wanna hear this thing in pesone..lol
Old 04-15-10, 03:00 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dieverse
sounds so sick man where in tx are you at i wanna hear this thing in pesone..lol
thanks, DFW, i'm hitting up beach st this sat night prob if you live in the area.. i love the attention i get lol
Old 04-15-10, 03:19 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

how much did those exhaust cutouts run you?
Old 04-15-10, 04:12 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vinh
how much did those exhaust cutouts run you?
429.99 for the complete 2.5 electic set with y pipes... you can get them with the dump pipes for 479 i think... MOTORS HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY

i was going to go with QTP cutouts, but i found this company and they were here in tx in boyd, so i had an excuse to cruise in the lex for 45 min
Old 04-15-10, 04:52 PM
cino21
Pole Position

qtp has some new ones that are pretty sick, OVAL CUTOUTS for 370ish and they are designed to fit onto a stock exhaust system bc it's just an oval cutout that you weld onto the stock exhaust... i just already had a custom exhaust setup
Old 04-18-10, 08:59 PM
cino21
Pole Position

here's a vid with the cutouts.. it sounds like the mufflers don't quiet it down alot but it really does for the purpose of being able to drive out of a neighborhood at night lol, but the twisters mufflers are prob the loudest "actual mufflers"

First part is with the cutouts closed, which is straight pipes with flo pro twister mufflers and then i open the cut outs, which are right before the mufflers under the rear axle

Quick Reply: SC400 New Exhaust Setup...Way TOOO LOUD!