SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

AutoCouture Group Buy...don't make me call you out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-02, 07:40 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've stayed out of this because I prefer to mind my own business normally, but manaray is so right. The amount of work involved, the logistics, the cash outlay, plus it's true that time is money, I can only imagine how much it would have cost me in missed work/projects to put all this together. blankman and mjr, you are both totally out of line and both owe manaray an apology, it's your choice whether or not to provide him with one, but if you don't we will all know what kind of men you are. The choice is yours. manaray, I know you're good ppl, if there's any way I can help let me know, maybe I can talk w/ a couple of local guys and see if they're interested, hit me up if there's anything else I can do.
- Jon
Old 05-10-02, 07:55 AM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody calling Manaray an idiot:

This is your first warning. Next time, you are gone. I knew well ahead of what Manaray had to do to make this GB happen. It is because of the people who flaked out (you knew ahead of time you NEEDED $1,600) that ClubLexus will be changing, once again, its policy regarding GB's.

Ethan
Old 05-10-02, 09:11 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Manny,

I didn't get called out on my post but just to explain my position.
I totally agree that you should be highly pissed. My thing is, the threats and all of that were out of line. Especially the part about posting e-mails and all that.
I say this because you are probably one of the most respected members on all of Club Lexus. I just didn't want you to say or do something in a flash of anger that would demean your well earned rep. I was speaking as someone who has dealt with you many times in the past.

Even though I only considered the front end, I am willing to help by signing up for a full kit. Let me kow how to put the money up and it's done.

Also, I manage a 2 million square foot facility and have a fleet of 375 Schneider national trucks at my disposal. If there is anything I can do to help with storage or transportation PM me.

Just remember that a hard earned rep is hard to come by

Static 911. Again, a threat to people voicing their opinion is inappropriate. People should be free to express themselves no matter who the recipient is. If this gets me banned so be it.
Old 05-10-02, 10:12 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, I dont owe anyone an apology, Im not sure who you are to come in and demand I make an apology to someone.
If you read my post, I said because I wasnt sure what he had to go through, if he indeed had to go through a lot, to ignore my post. I didnt call the guy out and tell him to kiss my ***. Now that was out of line. I also never said I was in on the group buy, so the hell if I owe anyone an apology. Not trying to be an ***, but Im not sure which of what I said constitutes an apology, especially from someone who is not even involved=Lex.
Quite honestly, if it were me, I would have made people make a refundable deposit of $500. It would have made less $$ for people to come up with now, and it would have gotten all the non serious guys out.
Obviosuly not that Manaray knew people were gonna back out when he did this, but he could have did it a different way to avoid all of the problems he is having now, so Im not gonna apologize to anyone because of that. If "you people" are gonna judge me on that, great, now I know right away whose opinions I wont be caring about in the future.
Old 05-10-02, 10:20 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, lets all calm down here. Sorry manaray, didnt realize all the stuff you went through for all this. Thats what I meant when I said no disrespect in my original post. Forgive me?

Last edited by mjr24; 05-10-02 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-10-02, 10:33 AM
Static911

mjr24

Manaray was going to make $0.00 on this deal. That is why I oversee all group buys. That is why I do NOT let anybody make money on Group Buys anymore. The Group Buy is a service and not to profit. It was abused in the past and I intend to shape it up.

Yes, we are going to implement the deposit idea.

I apologize for banning mjr for approximately 5 minutes, but we resolved our differences over AIM.

Thank-you,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 05-10-02 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-10-02, 11:15 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think we all should appreciate Manaray's HUGE efforts, even if we're not in the buy. Going through all that hassle to get a hook up (not even just for himself, but he's extending it to all members) is worthy of praise. Thanks Manaray. I hope people step up for you. I only wish I had money...I'm living off beans and rice now.
Old 05-11-02, 05:36 AM
blankman
Driver School Candidate

Well, I am not apoligizing either, as I said in my post, I am grateful for the time and effort that Manaray put into this, the attitude and threats I can go without. I will admit I went to far, but I was pissed, the official information on the group buy came out on May 1st, only six days later there we're getting chewed out, called out or whatever, I made a post and respectfully said I did not know exactly when this was going to happen and I needed 3 weeks to have the funds available again and the response from Manaray only got worse, and that is what pissed me off, I was not calling him an idiot or anything else, I was just stating what I thought of his attitude, if you think I am wrong for that then so be it, but there is a cause and effect to everything, so look at both sides, the negative response from myself and others were caused by the negative posts from Manaray, I do understand why he is pissed, but I think the attitude came on too soon and too strong. Anyway everyone see's things differently and you can ban me from the forum, but you can't take away my opinion.

Peace, I'm outa here
Old 05-11-02, 04:52 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never threatened anyone...my comment about posting email address is similar to eBay's rating system. If buyers are flakey, other sellers need to know. Plain and simple.

What I also left out is the fact that I would have to be responsable for OTHER PEOPLE'S money. That's a HUGE responsibility. Not to mention the fact that I had to work out getting the funds to Japan...they don't just take credit cards over the phone...

Hoops: Thanks for the GENEROUS offer. I am still waiting to hear back from people...if I can't get at least 9 people, the group buy price will be going up...

I just upped the # to 9 because I'm no longer going to get two kits to help out...

Hellasboy has offered to help find some more non-CL buyers. Lex Luthor, thanks for the offer, if you could help out also, that would be great! Thanks for the support everyone...

MJR24 - No problem...just next time, make sure you know the whole story...

Blankman - you just don't get it do you? Do you understand that I put MY REPUTATION on the line for this group buy? Do you think my JDM vendor would even CONSIDER helping me out anymore after I just basically backed out of a deal? This blown GB is basically going to ruin my relationship with this vendor...I had to pull favors to get this deal for YOU GUYS. I can get this kit for myself w/o you guys no matter what the price. What do you NOT understand about that. This group buy was for YOUR BENEFIT IN EVERY WAY, SHAPE, AND FORM, NOT MINE.

I wouldn't have an attitude about this GB if the people who committed to the GB ACTUALLY CAME THROUGH AND STOOD BY THEIR WORDS. But that's not the case, now is it? Now, I'm stuck with having to explain what happen to my JDM vendor...do you understand how business works in Japan? Dealing with Japanese vendors is NOT like dealing with American vendors.

At ANY POINT, did I say that this was a GROUP LEASE? Or a GROUP RENT-TO-BUY? Or a GROUP CHARITY? When you go in a group buy, that means you HAVE THE MONEY RIGHT NOW TO BUY. I should have had 8 checks or money orders coming my way....not 6 excuses...
Old 05-11-02, 10:05 PM
ArraKis
Driver School Candidate

Hey Manaray,

I have not responded to your group-buy before but if you don't mind, could you tell me which year/model does it fit and if there is a website out there that I can see how the AutoCouture kit looks like? Thanks and I do feel your pain.

AK
95 SC400
Old 05-12-02, 02:09 PM
ArraKis
Driver School Candidate

Thanks LS400 God, could you also point me to the link that will show me the AutoCouture kit? I checked the website for both AutoCouture and Obgezet and could not find anything on the SC400.

AK
Old 05-12-02, 02:26 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Fits all SC300s and SC400s...
Attached Thumbnails AutoCouture Group Buy...don't make me call you out!-autocouturesc400.jpg  
Old 05-12-02, 02:29 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Better view, very stylish...
Attached Thumbnails AutoCouture Group Buy...don't make me call you out!-sc34_autocouture_front.jpg  
Old 05-12-02, 02:37 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Here's another Auto Conture kit with custom ragtop and hood. The group buy kit doesn't include hood scoop or drop top...

Old 05-12-02, 04:23 PM
ArraKis
Driver School Candidate

Lex400sc & LS400 God,

Thanks for the great pictures. I noticed that the front bumpers look different between your photos, and the foglamps in Lex400sc's is from the newer SC400. Which of these photos resemble the kit Manaray bought? and does that mean I will have to replace my foglamps? I do like the kit a lot, the overall look is beautiful yet subtle (I hate gaudy and overdone addons). Does anyone know how much approximately it would cost to have the kit custom-painted and installed on the car? I am also curious if it would be expensive to have the kit shipped from CA to TX. The cost of $1,600 looks reasonable but I am concern with the total expense and the durability of the kit.

Manaray,

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the kits you got? Thanks.

AK

Quick Reply: AutoCouture Group Buy...don't make me call you out!