SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 06:55 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love our car, i try and keep myn as clean and respectable as possible. i recently put a soarer emblem on the back and the griffin will soon be put on the front just to represent a bit of heritige. some people do crazy stuff to our cars because to them its cool and is representing their personality, it all depends who owns the car. i love a stock look, all ive got is rims to make it look a bit more aggressive.
Old 04-09-09, 07:11 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

dude really? if your getting so pissed at what they have to say id hate for you to see my car.....

hell im even in ohio and you can come see it if you want.....

ITS JUST A CAR! cars and built to be beat on and driven. when a car company makes a car they want it to be driven, not garaged in stored. in all reality all they care about is the sale. they couldn't give 2 *****s what people do with the car after it leaves the lot.

Heres a picture of my sc, yea the sticker is huge but its required by my sponsor. i told them if im going to have it on my car it better be chrome.

FYI the civic has be "riced" out before FNF was created.
Old 04-09-09, 07:19 AM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I freaking love my mostly stock SC. My car gets checked out/turns heads daily. Hell, the first day I had it (last June) I was at the gas station and had a guy ask me if it was brand new and then proceeded to take an unguided tour around it. All you have to do is keep it clean.

**** man.. if you're trying to own a car that's gonna get chicks, you need to get yourself a big lifted truck with 20" rims, the loudest exhaust you can find, and random chrome everywhere. If you're looking to impress random dudes, get a Vette. But if you're looking for a great looking, bulletproof, rare chunk of sex in the shape of a car, the '97+ SC is the way to go. I'd take my car over absolutely anything else under $20k.
Old 04-09-09, 08:53 AM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

You know, i agree with $loJam, your making a lot of sense, i feel the same way at times. You got my vote +1
Old 04-09-09, 08:59 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Those horrid eBay head and tail lights everyone seems to be rocking are certainly degrading the status of our cars a notch.

Also, I disagree with the SC as being just another car. The concept and vision were executed without compromise to create a great car. It's handling was set up not only on roads, but tracks, and a flat-out high speed loop. The amount of effort put into is design and engineering to create something truly unique shows in every aspect of this car. I drove "just a car" all winter, its called a PT cruiser. My SC feels like a supercar after getting out of that thing.

This still impresses me today, both stock Z30's:

http://www.intellexual.net/movies/Ac...ircleWork.mpeg

Last edited by SC_coupe; 04-09-09 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-09-09, 09:21 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ill roller
beating.

All I know is that there need to be less stock SC's, and more like this:

looks kinda ugly to me, i can appreciate it's track purpose i guess and the wheels look okay.... but the whirlpool dryer hose has got to go lol
Old 04-09-09, 09:34 AM
04f2504x4
Driver School Candidate

I only read through the first page cause it got boring fast.

But something to add on the positive side. The sc400 has surely not lost its appeal. I owned one when i first was 16 and now just bought one recently at 19.

Just today this morning two of the auto zone managers that i know well ( arent idiots) came out and told me how nice it was expecially for its age. And it was a better car then their newer ones.

And then when i stopped to get a snack at the gas station the manager ( he's white) said "man i love those lexus's". I replied "thanks sir" and he said " oh thats yours!?... i love those cars, really nice looking car you got"

Well there are my 2 cents. I love the car and its far from another civic ricer....

ninja edit- My car is pearl white, looks completely stock with the stock chrome rims. Only thing different is i have exhaust done. And its a 1994
Old 04-09-09, 09:41 AM
rogsc400
Driver

I love my 92 SC400.........I really love when poeple see my car and asked what year is it? When I tell them its a 92 they are shocked..........I'm looking foward to 2012 so I can get Historic Plates
Old 04-09-09, 09:52 AM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco
looks kinda ugly to me, i can appreciate it's track purpose i guess and the wheels look okay.... but the whirlpool dryer hose has got to go lol
So more like this:

Old 04-09-09, 10:53 AM
rpx13
Lead Lap

I sorta don't understand what ur trying to convey in this thread? Are you saying our cars are obselete and outdated now because other people decide to mod their cars in their own personal style? Have you forgotten that you don't have to follow the crowd? This was taken from your original post...

"You never see timeless classics being treated this way, such as the Corvette, Porche or even the SC's sister, the Supra".
Attached Thumbnails Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?-porsche_lamer.jpg  

Last edited by rpx13; 04-09-09 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-09-09, 11:00 AM
rpx13
Lead Lap

u sure about that?
Attached Thumbnails Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?-uglyvette.jpg  
Old 04-09-09, 11:04 AM
rpx13
Lead Lap

ur right they never treat Supra's this way...
Attached Thumbnails Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?-uglysupra.jpg  
Old 04-09-09, 11:39 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rpx13
u sure about that?
I'll take that any day over the SC bat mobile or the SC spaceship and SC dune buggy.
Old 04-09-09, 11:47 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rpx13
ur right they never treat Supra's this way...
Bad example. That's not that bad looking. Again, I'm not talking about stickers, *****ty body kits, big wings, wheels, etc. I'm talking about obliterating the SC and taking it extreme ricey looks such as the bat mobile, spaceship, dunebuggy, etc.

Bottom line. There is not the same level of respect for the SC as there is for bonified classics such as the Supra, Vette, Porche, etc. All of the bad examples you presented suck, I would rock all of those over the degraded SC's mentioned above. The Supra WILL be a classic, the SC will not.
Old 04-09-09, 12:02 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pogoism9
Even the 260/270 of the 95-96
I've never driven the 95-96. The vvt-i v8 is more on par with the sc430 and newer models. It's like having newer technology in an old body. They drive like the new cars. If any of you want to upgrade your Sc, forget the supra engine swap and all the bs, just buy a 98+ SC 4

Btw, Metro Lexus told me they are able to diagnose engine probs much better on the vvt-i engines (via computer). The guys who worked on the old sc engines are retiring now or are just no longer around.

Quick Reply: Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?