SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where to get JDM amber sidemarkers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-07, 07:01 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by booja
i dont understand why people go through all the trouble for this jdm stuff...

i came from hondas and thats all they are about... so much that the car looks all stock, but its not.

this is a prime example of that. pay all that money for a lil bump on an already orange marker.

but if thats what you like then then its all good... i hope people dont go out and get them bc its "jdm" and "cool"
First.. don't compare our Lexus to their Honda. Second, it's not all about JDM and being cool. And lastly, these JDM sidemarkers are better than USDM ones, that's why we want it.
Old 12-24-07, 07:58 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i came from hondas and thats all they are about... so much that the car looks all stock, but its not.

this is a prime example of that. pay all that money for a lil bump on an already orange marker.

but if thats what you like then then its all good... i hope people dont go out and get them bc its "jdm" and "cool"
First of all you = . "I came from Honda..." blah blah blah.. No one cares. If you don't understand now, you'll never understand.

The JDM side markers look better than the USDM ones. The USDM ones look like a bike reflector. The JDM ones have verticle lines and a little bump that help drivers on the side of you see you better when you signal. It's the small little details like this that sets your car apart.

Like the people who have JDM backseats with an adjustable headrest... necessary? Probably not. One of a kind and rare? Definately.

Same reason people buy designer clothes, wear Rolex and stuff if they can afford it. Those things are not practical at all. I mean... 60+ dollar tshirts, 5k+ watch? Wth... Why not wear clothes from Walmart and wear a Casio? Do you wear clothes from Walmart? If yes... sorry! Sporting a Casio? That sucks...

Point is... JDM things may be expensive sometimes but it sets your car apart because you have to dig to find JDM things so not everyone and their moms have it.
Old 12-24-07, 08:04 PM
dz1pnk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

preach on!
Old 12-24-07, 08:39 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It mainly comes down to diversity. There are a lot of JDM gadgets that we seek for our cars, that actually add functionality to our vehicles and not just extra weight or show. Cars are a hobby to many, as is collecting of art, artifacts or such things. Those said people put a lot of work into collecting things that are unique. A combination of rims and the paint color on the car might make it unique among the masses, but useful parts such as the Soarer back windshield with the wiper blade is unique and pretty useful. JDM stuff is going to be around because these cars (as well as Honda, Toyota, etc) are inspired on something that doesn't come from our country. Get used to it. Thats my .02
Old 12-24-07, 09:01 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Good point guys... Now where can I find this?
Old 12-24-07, 09:53 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
Good point guys... Now where can I find this?
I hear they pop up on ebay but I never see it. I got really lucky and found someone on the boards selling it. It was gone within 1 minute of the guy posting it. That's what I'm talking about... Rare!
Old 12-24-07, 10:01 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding my picture I posted, it's really orange but my manual settings on the camera seemed to capture it much lighter...

This is a better shot...
Old 12-24-07, 10:17 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Try Japanese Yahoo auctions, they've usually got them there from wrecks and stuff

I want some USDM stuff on mine... I wish I could somehow get the dash to work.
Old 12-24-07, 10:27 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Regarding my picture I posted, it's really orange but my manual settings on the camera seemed to capture it much lighter...

This is a better shot...
god that red sc on air bags makes me bust a nut every time i see it. its so sexy.

BTW i have seen a bunch of them on ebay lately.
Old 12-24-07, 11:29 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First.. don't compare our Lexus to their Honda. Second, it's not all about JDM and being cool. And lastly, these JDM sidemarkers are better than USDM ones, that's why we want it.
i was not comparing lexus to hondas directly. just how people do certain things.

i know not all people get jdm because its cool. people get it to be different and stand out. but some... not all... just follow the crowd because it is the thing to do. that i do not really agree with... what you do should represent your style and how you are... a good example is the one member on here with the red SC that did his own paint and body work and wanted to fit rx8 headlights on his car... not many agree with it but he does what he likes.

and please explain how the jdm ones are better than the US ones as far as function goes.

Originally Posted by chanh55
First of all you = . "I came from Honda..." blah blah blah.. No one cares. If you don't understand now, you'll never understand.

The JDM side markers look better than the USDM ones. The USDM ones look like a bike reflector. The JDM ones have verticle lines and a little bump that help drivers on the side of you see you better when you signal. It's the small little details like this that sets your car apart.

Like the people who have JDM backseats with an adjustable headrest... necessary? Probably not. One of a kind and rare? Definately.

Same reason people buy designer clothes, wear Rolex and stuff if they can afford it. Those things are not practical at all. I mean... 60+ dollar tshirts, 5k+ watch? Wth... Why not wear clothes from Walmart and wear a Casio? Do you wear clothes from Walmart? If yes... sorry! Sporting a Casio? That sucks...

Point is... JDM things may be expensive sometimes but it sets your car apart because you have to dig to find JDM things so not everyone and their moms have it.
theres no need to bash on me just because i added in that i came from a hardcore honda influence. people have different tastes and style when it comes to different makes. everyone on here like big and wide wheels with a stretch. hondas like being slammed on 16's with the wheel tuckin. i stated that for the reason that i see similarities and differences when people mod different cars. and the common thing here is.... people like the jdm thing.

by saying that the jdm ones look better is purely an opinion. and do the jdm ones blink with that lil bump sticking out. if it does that i did not know. that can come in handy as far as letting people know when you change lanes.

and i do understand people collect jdm things to set themsleves apart just like how the japanese like the US stuff.

and i do see some point behind it as far as collecting and having the parts that nobody has. and for the most part "i think" i would do stuff more for function as just for brownie points.

to me if everyone looks hard enough they will find it. depending on how many were made if everyone has it it is no longer rare is it. just a little hard to find.

nowhere did i come in here saying that the jdm markers are stupid and your stupid for buying them. so there is no need to start raggin on me. state some facts and enlighten me.

i just find it odd how some people want something so bad when its a small lil thing like this side marker light. other things yes i understand. this i do not... unless you just plain really like it. and if you do. im all about that.

Last edited by booja; 12-24-07 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-24-07, 11:49 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Try Japanese Yahoo auctions, they've usually got them there from wrecks and stuff

I want some USDM stuff on mine... I wish I could somehow get the dash to work.
They won't ship outside of Japan. They don't reply either.
Old 12-24-07, 11:50 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

And one more thing.... I have OEM RED sidemarkers. Does anyone here have them?
Old 12-25-07, 12:06 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should post up ur red ones...those are pretty rare i think.
Old 12-25-07, 10:58 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

They won't ship outside of Japan. They don't reply either.
try the importers in the US to bring them in, that's how I got my wheels off the auctions
Old 12-26-07, 12:16 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BLK13X
try the importers in the US to bring them in, that's how I got my wheels off the auctions

Yeah... Jhot. Of course, there's a charge.