SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

electrical problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 08:41 PM
beavis3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem?

ok i have no idea where to start but here we go . yesterday i got in my car stuck the key in and as always my cd player starts playing, then when i start the engine the amp turns off. the amp is a 4 channel rockford fosgate . so i pop the trunk and take a look .you know see if everything is connected, i cant find anything. so i turn the engine of and surprise the amp is back on. now i think everything is fine so i start it up again and same thing, amp is of. so i say screw it and drive off. about a mile from home i see my abs light is going on and of randomly and then the amp starts kicking in every so often. i get weirded out and turn the deck of completely. a little bit later i see the battery light on so i get scared and head back home. on the way home the abs and the battery light keep going on and off and when i finally get back home, engine still on, i turn the deck back on and the amp is working now. i sat there confused for a minute cus now there is no abs or battery light on.later that day i drove to work and everything is fine but on the drive home same story abs light, battery light and amp turning on and off. somebody please tell what the hell is going on!