Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They aren't?
Old 07-06-07, 10:37 AM
ramblux
Rookie

Originally Posted by UTSC300
Because these cars were built for class and comfort. Maybe a little speed on the jdm side of things. They are not your beat *** AE86's or your mommas 240.

I sold my AE86 for 3.5x what I bought my low-mileage SC300 5-speed for. And you're giving drifters too much credit. By your logic, Boyd Coddington must have single-handedly ruined '32 Ford highboys.

Depreciation's a *****. SCs aren't worth much money except when you dump $25k in mods into them, and even then they're not worth the stack of receipts collected.

Maybe I'm jaded because I see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Maseratis, and Aston Martins every day on the streets of Los Angeles, but our cars are hardly in the same realm of luxury as the cars I just mentioned.

Check the glass closely -- it says "Toyota"
Old 07-06-07, 12:39 PM
The_GeezEr
Driver School Candidate

i drift my sc....
Old 07-06-07, 03:29 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ramblux
I sold my AE86 for 3.5x what I bought my low-mileage SC300 5-speed for. And you're giving drifters too much credit. By your logic, Boyd Coddington must have single-handedly ruined '32 Ford highboys.

Depreciation's a *****. SCs aren't worth much money except when you dump $25k in mods into them, and even then they're not worth the stack of receipts collected.

Maybe I'm jaded because I see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Maseratis, and Aston Martins every day on the streets of Los Angeles, but our cars are hardly in the same realm of luxury as the cars I just mentioned.

Check the glass closely -- it says "Toyota"
And that's why I love it so much! Better off buying a Toyota built luxury car instead of a Chrysler inspired Benz, a Ford/Aston Martin, VW Bentley, VW built Lamborghini(kinda out of the group but it helps), etc. etc... Why are you guys even on this forum if all you're gonna do is bash our cars? We were all right about a year ago... We said that as soon as F&F3 came out, all the little drifters would come swarming to this forum... No offence to your sport/hobby, but please just be more respectful.
Old 07-06-07, 03:49 PM
TRDRacer
Driver

I drift/race/drive my car everyday!! And it still looks good and classy!! Plus drifting is very fun same as highway races Just give it a try! Also it's a toyota so the car can handle plenty of abuse!! And it's not like we do those things everyday. I do them close to every other weekend!

I also think that these events only help the cars image out as it shows they can do what those other AE86's and 240"s can while still remaining class and luxary! I see people racing there Lotus's, vipers, and corvets and they get no beff from anyone.
Old 07-06-07, 05:45 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDRacer
I drift/race/drive my car everyday!! And it still looks good and classy!! Plus drifting is very fun same as highway races Just give it a try! Also it's a toyota so the car can handle plenty of abuse!! And it's not like we do those things everyday. I do them close to every other weekend!

I also think that these events only help the cars image out as it shows they can do what those other AE86's and 240"s can while still remaining class and luxary! I see people racing there Lotus's, vipers, and corvets and they get no beff from anyone.
Old 07-06-07, 05:52 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Old 07-06-07, 07:32 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People have been drifting SC's in Japan since day one. Drifting has just got more popular in the states.

I can't see how it would ruin a car image.

It's not like the guys on infinite forums are mad that people drift G35s
Old 07-06-07, 07:48 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys just dont want to modify anything it seems. If you do it loses its "class", everyone has there own style...
Old 07-06-07, 08:11 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

i took 4th at a luxury car show lol
Old 07-06-07, 11:31 PM
ramblux
Rookie

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
And that's why I love it so much! Better off buying a Toyota built luxury car instead of a Chrysler inspired Benz, a Ford/Aston Martin, VW Bentley, VW built Lamborghini(kinda out of the group but it helps), etc. etc... Why are you guys even on this forum if all you're gonna do is bash our cars? We were all right about a year ago... We said that as soon as F&F3 came out, all the little drifters would come swarming to this forum... No offence to your sport/hobby, but please just be more respectful.
First off, you started with the disrespect by agreeing that drifting is ruining the image of our so-called "luxury" cars. As far as why I'm on here -- because I live in America and I can be. And you do know that I own a Lexus, right? Fine, every time I talk crap about a Lexus, just assume that I'm talking about my own car.

And about the F&F3 thing -- I've been drifting since 2003, so I'm not sure how that movie applies to anything since it came out last year. So I guess it took me a whole year to "swarm" to this forum?

Don't dare talk about disrespect when you have just stereotyped a complete group of motorsports enthusiasts for no good reason. I, on the other hand, am talking specifically about you. That being said, I have no beef with you other than your ignorance. Keep in mind, you're not just talking about my hobby/sport, you're talking about my livelihood.
Old 07-09-07, 12:21 PM
The_GeezEr
Driver School Candidate

preach on man....
Old 12-26-12, 12:49 AM
DJVe
Driver

so anyone use any of the supra ultra racing braces on their sc? thoughts?
Old 12-26-12, 03:35 AM
FrshPrince
Rookie

It looks pretty solid by the pictures, but what's the quality of material they're using? Also my my on how quickly things escalated here haha
Old 12-26-12, 07:09 AM
Casper9604
Rookie

OMG Talk about dead thread revival. Thanks for using the search button. lol.

If i was going to be pushing my car to extreme limits, then i'd consider these... but my build is more about Form>Function. lol (For now)

Quick Reply: Ultra Racing Products???