SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Real truth about importing soarer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 10:55 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I see no reason what so ever to import a soarer over a sc300 1jz, it would be a downgrade. Florida has some weird big JDM fetish. Anyone can buy a car, so what, that don't make them cool. Someone who builds their car (actually working on it not done at a shop) is who gets respect in my books.
Yea it makes no sense when I see people coverting their Civics or Integras to RHD. RHD is just not practical to drive on US roads unless youre a mail-man. RHD should only be the last resort should you want to own something like a Skyline since they dont have LHD Skylines.
Old 03-09-06, 11:06 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How 'bout braggin rights?

you can change all the badges, swap all the motors, and tell all the stories you want.....but the RHD is the real deal.

I think its awesome.....and wanna see it.

is it hard to get used to being on the wrong side? I cant imagine trying to shift with my left hand (especially with the left foot working the clutch at the same time)
Old 03-09-06, 11:12 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

i think it would be cool too... if i had the extra money laying around...jus the look on peoples faces when your at a light and you can look right at the driver of the car to the right and they are going
Old 03-10-06, 01:35 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

How about the fact that I am military, and the military pays for one vehicle shipped. That doesn't include the costs to bring the car into DOT/EPA/Customs specs, but most of that can be done by either a RI or a shop here. I've looked into it and it would cost approx. $5000-$8000 to LEGALLY ship my car to the states. There is a toyota dealership that can legalize my car AND put the stamp of aproval on it. There are ways to legally ship a soarer to the states. You just have to know the IN's and OUT's of how the system works. I personally know 5 people who have shipped cars legally to the states without a problem. (Besides the time period it takes) I might take my soarer with it's 1jz and a spare built 2jz...
Old 03-10-06, 01:36 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

BTW, shifting with your left hand isn't that weird. Just trying riding shot gun with a friend and shift for him.
Old 03-10-06, 01:55 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badsoarer
How about the fact that I am military, and the military pays for one vehicle shipped. That doesn't include the costs to bring the car into DOT/EPA/Customs specs, but most of that can be done by either a RI or a shop here. I've looked into it and it would cost approx. $5000-$8000 to LEGALLY ship my car to the states. There is a toyota dealership that can legalize my car AND put the stamp of aproval on it. There are ways to legally ship a soarer to the states. You just have to know the IN's and OUT's of how the system works. I personally know 5 people who have shipped cars legally to the states without a problem. (Besides the time period it takes) I might take my soarer with it's 1jz and a spare built 2jz...
Bring us an R34 Skyline GTR over
Old 03-10-06, 02:38 AM
lawrenceO
Driver

Wow you guys REALLY should take it easy, it's not worth getting so hot under the collar - it's a car you're arguing about not a cure for cancer....
As far as 'low mileage Soarer's' are concerned, there may be some, but MANY are clocked. You can buy a device to wind back a Soarer odometer on Yahoo japan auctions - no worries.
Old 03-10-06, 07:03 AM
1badsoarer
Driver

Bleh, R34 GTR's are too boxy...not quite my taste. S15 is where it's at!
Old 03-10-06, 08:08 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

sorry i havent been on to reply 1st off the car is completely legal some time next week ill even post up pictures of the title which as celm said the car has to be inspected by the dmv in order to be titled. as for reason of me buying one .... i got a hell of a deal on the car also my stateside car which has 200k chassis miles and a brand new fully built 2jz just isnt cutting it auto tranny and soooo many miles this new car has only 40,000 miles mint condition car black interrior factory and is a 5spd car which is what i have always wanted and it is without the worthless w58 **** box car also came with hks hipermax coilovers. now plans for the car .... heres the clincher guys so pay attention im swapping my built 2jz into my soarer with the r154 trans in it. then i will swap my 1jz into my 97 stateside car which already has a deffinate buyer ok ok you guys ready? i sold the 97 for more than i paid for the soarer sooo what does that mean??? ive got a brand new mint cond. 5spd car with a bad *** trans black interrior with a fully built 2jz also came with a nice rear end and factory lsd which my other car didnt have and for all of this i made out with ...... 2 grand cash in my pocket! not to mention im RHD its fun to drive and will get alot of attention at car shows. end of story car is perfectly legal i can, have, and will futhermore prove it to every one. i also made out with a better car and some cash in pocket rick stop hating you have lost
Old 03-10-06, 08:41 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

It is all good folks.

Not like we are talking about unsafe greymarket stuff like Citroen's from france. LOL

VJ, I hope you won't try and powdercoat your computerscreen.... but if you do use the yellow texture I sent you this week. LOL

Lexus Soarer legal or not, lets not crush em...
Old 01-05-07, 05:10 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

Ill drink to that...just wish some people would come clean & tell the truth, especially how they legalised or not as the case may be!
Old 01-05-07, 05:42 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by got_trd
ok so heres a scenario:

u get pulled over in a soarer in the states... cop says "license and registration please"... you give them your license and registration.. sometimes even insurance... they see it, it matches the car so u will just get **** for whatever law u broke.. that is all game over
Now say you got t-boned, and you need to collect insurance.

Now what?

Mo, thats just cause your a ricer

Last edited by Inabj2; 01-05-07 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-05-07, 06:04 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, i thought this thread was closed 10 months ago!

as for insurance, thats what a bill of sale is for when you go to get insurance. they can also compare it to the SC300 here in the states, but you may not get what you paid.
Old 01-05-07, 06:21 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badsoarer
Bleh, R34 GTR's are too boxy...not quite my taste. S15 is where it's at!
S15's are so common around my neck of the woods. Nice shape, but so many of them on the roads.

RHD should only be the last resort should you want to own something like a Skyline since they dont have LHD Skylines.
Look through the front window
Old 01-05-07, 10:23 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

its alive ALIVE

Quick Reply: The Real truth about importing soarer