SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 11:03 AM
matguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maplebacon
In fairness.... I see where some of the older members are coming from..

People jump on here. Post a bunch just trying to fix their issue.... and once they have their answer.. poof there gone.
The way new people are treated can often be a factor in that result. If a group isn't inviting you can't really blame people that don't stick around.
Old 01-16-17, 10:09 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
A Message to ALL SC Forum Members: Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed a growing issue with the SC forum.... it's losing its sense of community. The SC crew has nearly always been mature, helped each other out and worked through their differences like adults. However, lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another. It's not all from the new members; the OG's are sometimes drawn into it as well. These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community, starting now. HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways... Stop the bleeding 1) informing members of this request, asking for their help 2) increased moderator presence and attention in the SC forum 3) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings 4) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules Resuscitate the breathing 1) implementation of an expanded set of forum rules (click here to review them) 2) better communication of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email 3) nomination new moderators to help monitor the SC forum and help members 4) implementation of the SC FAQ forum to help cut down on the repetitive Q&A WE NEED YOUR HELP I'd like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Give a warm welcome to ALL new members, not just the new female members. Help others. Yes we're tired of the same questions and the dreaded "how much is this SC worth" daily post. Take turns answering them . Cut & paste the same thoughtful response and links you took time to write up last time. Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it or don't respond. If you get a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.

This is the original post from DaveGS4. It appears to have been forgotten by some, including a moderator.

Last edited by gtsfire; 01-17-17 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 04:08 PM
Jrodas21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, im new here and to forums in general.. I've been trying to use the search thread or search forum tool to look for removing headlights on my SC or manual conversion but to my in experience im not finding anything... plz help n thanks before hand
Old 02-25-18, 09:44 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrodas21
Hi guys, im new here and to forums in general.. I've been trying to use the search thread or search forum tool to look for removing headlights on my SC or manual conversion but to my in experience im not finding anything... plz help n thanks before hand
Here you go, it is right in the beginning of this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...moval-diy.html
Old 05-29-22, 06:30 PM
Photon440
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Sell? We give 'em away for free

https://www.clublexus.com/decals/

Sometimes takes a while to come in, but you'll get 'em.

That link does nothing for me.
Old 05-30-22, 01:54 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Photon440
That link does nothing for me.
That link is from 2005...
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (05-30-22)