SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turbo SC400 in Dec. 05 Super Street Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 06:27 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only thing i can say about her car is, nice paint job, other than that, nothing really, she claims she drifts it but no one ever seen her at drift events, claims it is turbocharged, no one seems to find the turbo, claims it "track" car, how is it track car with all that cr2p in it. I dont usually flame people but she just gets.................

Nuff said.
Old 11-09-05, 07:16 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could she have mounted the turbo 'STS' style?
Old 11-09-05, 08:09 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

ACleanSC4: The car was under Sponsorship with Axis and then I picked up a new sponsor right before the shoot. They had to make rims to fit the rear and got them there the day before the shoot (3 of them) the 4th got there the day OF the shoot. I was sad that they didnt get there on time, but there was nothing I could do since SuperStreet sent this guy up to shoot the car.

It's just sumthing that we'll all have to live with if they dont print the info. They cut a lot of stuff but theres only so many pages they can print.

I dont take many pictures of my cars, but I'll find one with the new rims on it later....

These have a custom fit to my specs. Could do the 'hella flush' thing, but Im not a fan of 'tire stretching'.

T66: Yeah, its in there...its not THAT big. I got it from a guy who did a bit of custom work on it that I cant claim. Its coming out of the sc400 and going into my SC300 as soon as I get the time and parts to complete the 2jz single T.

User Name: no comment really....blow up the picture or ask a question.
http://driftgirl.org/STUFF/ert5.jpg
Please pay no attention to all of the oil on the ground

Ryan is correct about the placement. The Piping is there. I didnt want to move the battery and fuse box so I ran under it. The pipe is smaller on the hot side but thats for a reason as well. Anyone who runs intercooler piping on this car, knows that it has all of the coolers and hardlines on the drivers side. The piping will not be the same as the passenger side. I wish it could, but that would mean a LOT more work.

Piping has to run low and under the panels in the front.

The engine went out doing 'action' shots of the car for SS. It was running really bad from the previous night and I shouldnt have pushed it without checking everything...live and learn

The car has gone thru a few engines getting it to work. it still surged really bad at times and I havent been able to figure it out. .....

Most recent info on the car: http://driftgirl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=694

MongolKhan: I dont know who you are or why you think you know so much about me/my car. This is NOT a Drift car. NOBODY ever said it was. I have 2 cars built for Drifting. This car has no reason to 'Drift'...It can (just like ANY other RWD car) but why would I? Ive never said it was a Drift car, never said it was a track car....so please dont spread rumors like you have sum sort of first hand knowledge. its not true, please stop.

This goes the same to the guy who posted that I Hated CL or something like that. I never said that to him or implied anything close....its not true.

People automaticly associate this car with a 'SCREEN NAME' (DriftGirl) and assume this is the only car that I drive or that I Drift it. Far from the truth, I just dont make threads or announcements everytime I get a new car or parts.

Just wanna clear that up before people get the wrong idea or listen to people that dont know me and have never talked to me.

For Drifting: Ive got an SR'd hatch to 'practice' with and a SR'd widebody Silvia coupe that I'll be using if I ever get to an event . And a 3rd 240....that im trying to 'factory restore'.

The 400 is a street car...as the article clearly states,nothing more, nothing less.... I am building an SC300 to Drift/Drag next summer tho.

I know my 400 is kinda new to sum you here but its been this way for a long time now. It kinda 'resurfaced' with the SS article and having it down in So Cal for the movie shoot.

Major Props to those pushing the V8 to its limits! Lextreme , Sc00T, Aussie peeps and future tuners...im done and taking the ea$y way out now.......Go I6!!!

~Emerald
Old 11-09-05, 08:43 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerald
Major Props to those pushing the V8 to its limits! Lextreme , Sc00T, Aussie peeps and future tuners...im done and taking the ea$y way out now.......Go I6!!!

~Emerald
Welcome to the SC300 world.

Chris
Old 11-09-05, 08:55 AM
DeatBlow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey every one whats up? i have to say that i was thinking the same thing when i saw the mag i thought she was running a low mount turbo like lextreme had on his ls400. But i dont see how she would be able to fit such a large turbo under the car. there must be alot of mods done to the frame to fit a t66. But it looks like she is getting the air to the intercooler by way of that flex hose to the right of the engine . Its just a guess but thats what it looks like to me.
Old 11-09-05, 09:02 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

DIrEctQL: thank you!! happy to be a part of it

DeatBlow: Nice catch. Amazing how not many people noticed that. Its a flex pipe that is cut and used as a cover for another pipe. It's there as a 'cosmetic' cover....My welding wasnt easy on the eyes back then*

*It's not too much better now
Old 11-09-05, 09:15 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

i see intercooler pipes but what i dont see is a turbo to where that intake goes. any pics w/o engine cover on?
Old 11-09-05, 09:27 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ACleanSC4: The car was under Sponsorship with Axis and then I picked up a new sponsor right before the shoot. They had to make rims to fit the rear and got them there the day before the shoot (3 of them) the 4th got there the day OF the shoot. I was sad that they didnt get there on time, but there was nothing I could do since SuperStreet sent this guy up to shoot the car.
Glad to see you posting again Em...

For those who haven't been around here, she's the first to do a LOT of things to her SC, like it mentions in the article...which inspired me to make my own CF parts...

Hopefully see more of your car around...maybe a full unveiling?
Old 11-09-05, 09:41 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I still dont see a turbo or any real piping that it would need to be connected.. just your little cold air intake connected to the TB

Anyone can bolt up a FMIC behind their front bumper with a few feet of pipe for magazine shots. You would think a T66 SC4 would be a huge deal, including turbo pics and dyno #s. I might be wrong, but about 99.99% of the Lexus world doesnt believe that car is turbo.
Old 11-09-05, 09:57 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

DIrEctQL: thank you!! happy to be a part of it

DeatBlow: Nice catch. Amazing how not many people noticed that. Its a flex pipe that is cut and used as a cover for another pipe. It's there as a 'cosmetic' cover....My welding wasnt easy on the eyes back then*

*It's not too much better now
Dont worry there will always be haters on here
Nice car, def not my style but props to ya.
Alot of people on here want to fit the mold. If you do something out of the ordinary the criticize you for it. Very old school frame of thought.
Old 11-09-05, 10:03 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I still dont see a turbo or any real piping that it would need to be connected.. just your little cold air intake connected to the TB

Anyone can bolt up a FMIC behind their front bumper with a few feet of pipe for magazine shots. You would think a T66 SC4 would be a huge deal, including turbo pics and dyno #s. I might be wrong, but about 99.99% of the Lexus world doesnt believe that car is turbo.
I dont make a huge deal of anything ive done to the car. not my style and not really a huge concern of mine....
Old 11-09-05, 10:10 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Glad to see you posting again Em...

For those who haven't been around here, she's the first to do a LOT of things to her SC, like it mentions in the article...which inspired me to make my own CF parts...

Hopefully see more of your car around...maybe a full unveiling?
thanks!!

The 'wheel thing' really bothered me because I know the trouble they had getting my new wheels here to the in such short notice....and then not make the dealine due to UPS splitting the shipment the day before

YES, there will be a LOT more info coming out about the car....VERY shortly The SS photographer did shoot pix of the setup, but I'm thinking they didnt use it because it didnt match the rest of the car...... It's 'ugly', but works The Turbo is a bit oversized for the way its setup but I got it for a VERY good price and went with it.

Havent seen pix of your car in a looong time, Email me!!!!
Old 11-09-05, 10:14 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I dont make a huge deal of anything ive done to the car. not my style and not really a huge concern of mine....
Excuse me?? If you didn't care to make the car a huge deal and not show it off, you wouldnt be sponsored and be in magazine covers. Your contradicting yourself.
Old 11-09-05, 10:14 AM
User Name
Driver

You are running around with the question. Where is the TURBO... You are telling me that you hid a T66 under the manifold?

I have an SC and I just swap an 1UZFE on a Cressida, I know exactly the fitments under there. Its IMPOSSIBLE to get the turbo down there.

Your FMIC are just connected direct to your TB and Im wondering where there other piping goes.
Old 11-09-05, 10:16 AM
User Name
Driver

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
in my opinion it gets a big i give her an A for effort but man..... what a way to kill a classy SC

Kill what? Her car prolly looks better than 90% of the members here..

What have you done to your car...

Quick Reply: Turbo SC400 in Dec. 05 Super Street Magazine