SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

not how i wanted to wake up this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 10:50 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy not how i wanted to wake up this morning

Sorry guys but I need to vent a little bit. Today I woke up and went outside to prep my honda for a potential buyer with cash in hand to come check out the car (actually in like 20 minutes he'll be here). I parked across the street in the parking lot at my apartment last night because they were all open and I thought my car would be safe. To my suprise I find a huge dent this morning about the size of a basketball on my driver side rear fender. Luckily the girl who hit it left a note but the back end is going to need repainting after I pop the dent since it is all spider webbed.

Im just pissed because the guy who wants to buy my honda will most likely end up buying the car and taking it home today which will leave me with no spare car while its getting painted. Along with the fact that I bought the SC only 2 weeks ago . Thanks for listening, hopefully I can do most of the work myself and pocket some of the money I saved for some goodies to bring the spirits back up.
Old 11-06-05, 11:24 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vipsoarer
Sorry guys but I need to vent a little bit. Today I woke up and went outside to prep my honda for a potential buyer with cash in hand to come check out the car (actually in like 20 minutes he'll be here). I parked across the street in the parking lot at my apartment last night because they were all open and I thought my car would be safe. To my suprise I find a huge dent this morning about the size of a basketball on my driver side rear fender. Luckily the girl who hit it left a note but the back end is going to need repainting after I pop the dent since it is all spider webbed.

Im just pissed because the guy who wants to buy my honda will most likely end up buying the car and taking it home today which will leave me with no spare car while its getting painted. Along with the fact that I bought the SC only 2 weeks ago . Thanks for listening, hopefully I can do most of the work myself and pocket some of the money I saved for some goodies to bring the spirits back up.
the girl who hit you should be payin' for a rental for you while you're without a car...if she left a note, she might be easy to deal with since it looks like she's at least honest
Old 11-06-05, 12:46 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

i just talked to her and she seems to be a stand up girl who is willing to take care of it so that is good. My only concern about a rental is that I am only 21 and rental companies don't like to give cars to people under 23... but hopefully in certain instances they will take pity upon the rest of us.
Old 11-06-05, 01:28 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

i just talked to her and she seems to be a stand up girl who is willing to take care of it so that is good. My only concern about a rental is that I am only 21 and rental companies don't like to give cars to people under 23... but hopefully in certain instances they will take pity upon the rest of us.
When an insurance company is paying Enterprise will rent to 21+.

Sorry about the car

Jonny
Old 11-06-05, 09:08 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

rad, well thanks for the good word. Atleast now I will have some transportation.... now the question arises should i just get the whole car repainted and do the body work and prep work or do the body work and let them repaint the panel the factory color and buy some parts with any left over.
Old 11-06-05, 10:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

So the SC got hit and the Hon-duh got sold... yes?
Old 11-07-05, 06:03 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rad, well thanks for the good word.
Did you just say rad? Anyway your lucky that chic left a note. It's sad but there's not that many honest people left in the world.
Old 11-07-05, 02:35 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your problem, but be thankful she left a note. Most fools will hit your car and just leave. So the sun will shine again, and if she looks good get some sympathy puddy.
Old 11-07-05, 07:12 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

the honda isnt sold yet...waiting for the rest, it was actually a 70 year old man who wants a turbod honda haha, go figure. yes, i did say rad. i may be from ohio but i used to live in virginia where the beach was the place to be so excuse the occasional rad, lame, stellar, cruicial, beach bum phrases.

yes i will say i did thank her for being a stand up girl and leaving the note. she lives across the street so if shes down for a "ride" in the lex id be happy to show her how roomy it is inside haha. the big bummer part is that ill most likely be driving a lame cavalier or focus while the car is getting new paint over my bday so that makes for a buzz kill on putting in all my new goodies for part of the celebration. oh well cant go wrong with new paint i guess.
Old 11-07-05, 07:15 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
So the SC got hit and the Hon-duh got sold... yes?

clarification: it was the Sc that got hit.
Old 11-07-05, 09:59 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

yes you are correct, the sc got hit and the honda is mint...i wish it were the other way around. sorry about the confusion.
Old 11-07-05, 10:55 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Man you are lucky, my front passenger side was scraped up earlier this year (I am assuming by some guy or girl that cannot park even if it were God's will.) I had no note for me...
Old 11-08-05, 05:56 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

That stinks man sorry to hear. I guess i should look on the bright side of things cause it defn could have been much worse