SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

climate blower not working.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-05, 02:33 PM
bishop977
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry climate blower not working.!!!

we'll it started off like this. I brought the 92 sc300 without a/c but it blows air, hot air in the summer and cold air in the winter. i sorta fixed that problem by tying the tube in the heater control valve so it only blows hot air in winter.. so finally i get a chance to bring it to the mechanic in brooklyn that thomas recommend me too to check out my a/c. he said its oging to take a day to check it out. so i leave the car sat, i call him on on monday to check what the diagnose is he said he needs more time. so he finally call me on tuesday and said its my climate unit thats not working. when i got there to pick up the car he said its the climate unit and that my blower isnt blowing air. he said he the compressor works manually powered. but when you press the button it doesn't turn the compressor on.i thought he meant the a/c blower. so i drove off and i didn't get a chance to drive till the next week cuz i work the only time i can drive the car is only during the weekend. i went to test out the unit my self. now my unit doesn't blow ne thing ne more. a/c light and all the light go on. no blowing of hot air or cold air. so freaking ****!! thinking about selling this car for a corolla i might give it one more try and try gazi brother or try lexus of manhattan to check it out. now i can't even the drive the car in winter time or summer time. any suggestions? i checked out the kick panel fuses for the cig light. it wasn't blown. HELP ME!!

Last edited by bishop977; 08-13-05 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-13-05, 05:42 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Is the VSV faulty? Have you run the diagnostics?
Old 08-13-05, 06:50 PM
bishop977
Driver

whats vsv? no i haven't run a diagnose yet. i didn't think ne thing will come up since the check engine light didn't go on.
Old 08-13-05, 07:39 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a similar problem. My A/C was working fine until Friday then it only blows hot air. I thought it was the compressor! But my mechanic didn't take advantage of me. The check valve on the back of the A/C compressor broke. He took a check valve from a non-working compressor and threw it in for me. I Hope this helps. Good Luck..... and stay cool
Old 08-13-05, 07:53 PM
bishop977
Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
I had a similar problem. My A/C was working fine until Friday then it only blows hot air. I thought it was the compressor! But my mechanic didn't take advantage of me. The check valve on the back of the A/C compressor broke. He took a check valve from a non-working compressor and threw it in for me. I Hope this helps. Good Luck..... and stay cool

seems like my fan isn't working now though. it doesn't blow. thanks for suggestion once i get the fan blower going again.
Old 08-13-05, 08:11 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, If you have some free time in Queens, let me know. We can have a few SC guys help diagnose your problem.
Old 08-13-05, 08:31 PM
2brk2buyLx
Driver School Candidate

are you sure there is freon?
reason why you getting hot air in the cabin is cause you are drawing the air in from the engine bay.
(ask me how i know, i have the same prob. cause i have no a/c), i currently don't own a lexus but cars are cars.

I would try to find some one that really know how to deal with a/c and check it.
the a/c compressor will not turn on if you are low or empty with freon.
do not, i repeat do not attempt to put the freon in your self.
you need to regulate how much is going in cause if you over charge, you just going to cause yourself more problems.

regarding your climate control, i would not know what to look for so sorry can't help you there.
O just would like to kno what is your friend Thomas last name?
i know it is not relevant to the post but i am curious.
Old 08-13-05, 09:13 PM
bishop977
Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Well, If you have some free time in Queens, let me know. We can have a few SC guys help diagnose your problem.

thanks for the offer, i'm only free on the weekends, friday at night,sat, sun, going to try to run a/c diagnose tomorrow to see if ne error codes come up. to run it press auto and recirculate at the same time?
Old 08-14-05, 01:11 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

VSV is the heater control valve... it controls the heating. If it's broken, what people have usually found is that (if their A/C is working) the air will only blow air at Max. Cold or Max. Hot settings, no matter where the dial is set. Mine was blowing cold air (not fun, driving on the highway in the middle of winter in the boonies where the temperature is 3C degrees). The culprit being one of the vacuum lines.

I'll have a look for the diagnostics (it used to be up but the website has now gone down).

Jose
Old 08-14-05, 09:09 AM
bishop977
Driver

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
VSV is the heater control valve... it controls the heating. If it's broken, what people have usually found is that (if their A/C is working) the air will only blow air at Max. Cold or Max. Hot settings, no matter where the dial is set. Mine was blowing cold air (not fun, driving on the highway in the middle of winter in the boonies where the temperature is 3C degrees). The culprit being one of the vacuum lines.

I'll have a look for the diagnostics (it used to be up but the website has now gone down).

Jose
oh... the heater control valve is broken to my knowledge. but thats not the problem. its the fan not blowing hot or cold air. even when i turn it on max no air comes out. i'm guessing either the climate control unit is busted not sending pwer to the blower or the blower itself is busted.
Old 08-14-05, 08:13 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this might not help but me an another es owner are also having the same problem.

with mine the AC just flat out stopped blowing air. I took it to my trusted mechanic and everything checked out and the AC decided to start blowing again. But when idleing you can hear the fan speed varying. So we arent sure yet if its the fan or the module that controlls the fan speed. I dont know if your model does like the ES. but if i am idle the ac is very quiet but when cruising down the hwy the AC is really blowing hard. there was a feature built into most lexus that controls fan speed. Im trying to get mine checked out to see if that helps.

keep us posted on your progress. and we get ours fixed well let you know.

best of luck to us all.
`R