SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Airport pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-05, 06:16 PM
GRSC400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
Took some shots at the private airport near my house. I wanted to get in the gate but it's Sunday. The maintenance people wouldn't let me in. I wanted some shots parked next to some of the nicer planes. The Army folks wouldn't let me in there either. Oh well....

I saw u driving douwn 31 ave, that car looks sweet
Old 02-14-05, 07:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you were in an SC, I probably saw you too. What color is it? Any wheels? Next time, stop me. I love meeting fellow enthusuasts.
Old 02-14-05, 08:12 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hey Reg, i just saw the pics in the gallery and thought i'd look in hear to see if you did a thread with them and here it is great shots and great scenary car is pretty hot aswell ...we should hook up down there one of these weekdays mayb they'll let us in and i could do a nice shoot for us? ask them and let me know if you want to do this someday...
Old 02-14-05, 11:46 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey reggie......on your 3rd pic from top, your front bumper looks a little different other than the wise lip. in the center, it looks like you cut the grille in the middle to have that big opening to it.
did you or is it just the camera that shows nothing there other than "black"..??
Old 02-15-05, 10:56 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by indypwr
hey reggie......on your 3rd pic from top, your front bumper looks a little different other than the wise lip. in the center, it looks like you cut the grille in the middle to have that big opening to it.
did you or is it just the camera that shows nothing there other than "black"..??
i believe that is a 95 front bumper that why
they come like that
Old 02-15-05, 10:58 AM
RyanG
Driver

Wow, that is one clean SC.

Ryan
Old 02-15-05, 11:31 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good.. Where in FL is that?
Old 02-15-05, 02:38 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

bluelex - That sounds like a good one. I'll check it out and let ya know.

got_trd - I'm in ft. laud, the airport is the Executive Airport on 31st ave.

indypwr - I didn't do anything with the grill...it came that way. To me other sc don't quite look the same but maybe it's the color combimations. I love the black insert with the big mouth opening. I knew the wiseports lip would enhance and set it off. That's why I didn't put on the 97+ front clip. I like this better.

Thanks everyone, for the compliments.
Old 02-17-05, 12:05 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i'm lovin' the 3rd pic! looks pimp
Old 02-17-05, 12:27 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I think your car could be photographed in a 99 Cents store parking lot full of those futuristic looking shopping carts around it while a bum lurks in the background and it would still look as Beautiful as your SC. Thats exactly the way I wanted it,if I don't get the '98 front.Is that the stock frontlip painted??Please let me know what kit that is?
Old 02-17-05, 03:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robloc93
I think your car could be photographed in a 99 Cents store parking lot full of those futuristic looking shopping carts around it while a bum lurks in the background and it would still look as Beautiful as your SC. Thats exactly the way I wanted it,if I don't get the '98 front.Is that the stock frontlip painted??Please let me know what kit that is?
The kit is mixed pieces...I wanted to be different...completely exclusive. The front lip is the wisesports from japan. The sideskirts are oem. The rear is erebuni corp from ny. At first I bought the 97+ entire kit. Before getting it installed, I saw the wisesports lip for sale here on the site. I took back the front and rear of the 97+ parts. I never really liked the grill between the highbeams on the 97+. It also isn't low enough in the front or rear. Looks too much like stock. Lastly, too many people are doing it. Looks good but wanted to be different. The wisesports lip is sorta weird because it's subtle but still has a little aggressiveness. It's perfect for my taste. I chose the erebuni rear because I thought it matched the front lip. Just my opinion but I think it looks real good. Last week I watched the guy at JM Lexus drive my car to the service bay. I couldn't help watching it and thought, dang...looks darn good. I must be sick or something for even thinking about selling my baby..
Old 02-18-05, 08:28 AM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Im surprised that I never saw your car I live in the same area. The car is sweet whats next on the list to do?
Old 02-18-05, 09:01 AM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
The kit is mixed pieces...I wanted to be different...completely exclusive. The front lip is the wisesports from japan. The sideskirts are oem. The rear is erebuni corp from ny. At first I bought the 97+ entire kit. Before getting it installed, I saw the wisesports lip for sale here on the site. I took back the front and rear of the 97+ parts. I never really liked the grill between the highbeams on the 97+. It also isn't low enough in the front or rear. Looks too much like stock. Lastly, too many people are doing it. Looks good but wanted to be different. The wisesports lip is sorta weird because it's subtle but still has a little aggressiveness. It's perfect for my taste. I chose the erebuni rear because I thought it matched the front lip. Just my opinion but I think it looks real good. Last week I watched the guy at JM Lexus drive my car to the service bay. I couldn't help watching it and thought, dang...looks darn good. I must be sick or something for even thinking about selling my baby..

Yeah,DO NOT SELL IT!!!!!if you do though, let me know, I'd be glad to take her off your hands
Old 02-18-05, 06:35 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kstyle55
Im surprised that I never saw your car I live in the same area. The car is sweet whats next on the list to do?
I have no plans to do anything else to the car. I'm saving up for a new car. I'm leaning toward a G35 but the jury is still out. Maybe a GS. Maybe the new GS. I just can't stand the thought of having a sedan for my daily driver. We'll see how it turns out. The platinumsc will become a weekend warrior.
Old 03-20-05, 06:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Airport pics 2

I tried again to get into the airport but two guys approached and asked me to stop taking pics. The owner of this beautiful plane is paranoid and doesn't want pics of the planes numbers posted all over the place. If anyone knows how to blackout the numbers, feel free to do so. One of the guys has a modded Legend and he asked me for lots of advice but he still wouldn't let me in the gate. Oh well.

Also have pics of my newest car........model car that is. Supra TT on Veilside Andrew wheels with bodacious lips.