SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 10:33 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked the cig fuse in the driver side kick panel? Cuz thats the exact same problem i had and it was the fuse.
Old 09-25-09, 11:50 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Ok guys ... I'm having issues as well ... No power at all to the climate control unit, temp gage on the cluster doesn't appear ... No coins an fuses are good .... whats next ?
Old 09-29-09, 06:22 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

well i seem to have 1-uped everyone elses issue... hopefully someone knows/has experienced this before:

i just got my alarm installed, ( and so yes i thought it would be the installers fault)---still do....

my climate control works 50%

my heat works, a/c works, and different modes work along with the screen

my issue is i normally drive around at 69-72 degrees, NO a/c, open circulation....
esentially just blowing ambient air for circulation..

after i got the alarm installed i did the same by turning the fan on and HOT AIR!! i can hear the valve open up to circulate from the engine block!!

the ONLY way my air comes out remotely "ambient" is a max cool.
and with the A/C on it DOES blow cold.... and other "6X-8X' temp blows out hot air!!

any input??
THanks
Old 10-10-09, 02:58 PM
BlackEJ8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blu SC3
Ok guys ... I'm having issues as well ... No power at all to the climate control unit, temp gage on the cluster doesn't appear ... No coins an fuses are good .... whats next ?
Im having this same problem Anyone figure this out yet?
Old 10-10-09, 03:34 PM
Only1Z
Driver School Candidate

For me, the actual problem was with some wiring under my feet at the front of the driver's seat. I believe the wiring runs under the carpet and then up to the fuse box. If I remember correctly, it's very easy to put your feet on the floor when you're getting in and out of the car and that's what caused my issue. I can't remember fully, but I know there was some plastic connectors joining two wires (or something) that weren't tight. I fiddled with it and put the carpet back and haven't had a problem since. Mine started out as an occasional problem. Sometimes it would work and then sometimes it wouldn't until it finally stopped working. Well it was because the plastic connectors were no longer fully connected. You'll have to forgive my memory. This is going back a few years at least and I don't quite remember fully all that went on. But I do know the connector was the problem for me. It's worth checking out!
Old 10-12-09, 11:28 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BlackEJ8
Im having this same problem Anyone figure this out yet?
Hey, yeah I figured it out. It was actually a fuse. But the weird part about it. There wasn't a fuse in that slot to begin with. I can check which slot it was to be exact, but I believe it was the slot for the heater which i believe was a 20a fuse. Let me know !
Old 11-17-09, 12:29 AM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

add another to the list... but ive found that the climate control works 20% of the time. but when it does turn on and i try to plug something into the cig lighter it goes dead..what can be the cause?
Old 11-17-09, 10:12 AM
Schultino
Driver

Originally Posted by GOLDSc300
Hey guys,
My climate control unit suddenly stopped working on my 92 SC400. The LCD screen lights up but it wont turn on and none of the buttons work. I checked the fuse and it looks okay. Im worried because now I lost my A/C and my heater. If you know anything about this please share your info with me.
Thanks,
Jake
there are 2 internal plugs that connect the actual lcd to the unit if u open it up... i bout a faulty *** unit from a guy here ... the lcd stopped lighting up the day after... he wouldn't help me out at all... so i took it apart and found this.... so i disconnected the to plug from his just cuz it looked older than the lcd screen... and took my bleeded one apart pluggint the LCD from the one i bought to the unit i had and it worked-
Old 11-24-09, 11:04 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

still having a issue of "all cold" or "all hot" air....
according to my codes im throwing a 11 error....in cabin ambient air sensor...=(

e.g. set temp at 72 degrees, no a/c, open circulation = hottt *** air....

set at max cool, no a/c, open circulation, = current outside air temp...

any help on this?

Originally Posted by SCVIP300
well i seem to have 1-uped everyone elses issue... hopefully someone knows/has experienced this before:

i just got my alarm installed, ( and so yes i thought it would be the installers fault)---still do....

my climate control works 50%

my heat works, a/c works, and different modes work along with the screen

my issue is i normally drive around at 69-72 degrees, NO a/c, open circulation....
esentially just blowing ambient air for circulation..

after i got the alarm installed i did the same by turning the fan on and HOT AIR!! i can hear the valve open up to circulate from the engine block!!

the ONLY way my air comes out remotely "ambient" is a max cool.
and with the A/C on it DOES blow cold.... and other "6X-8X' temp blows out hot air!!

any input??
THanks

Last edited by SCVIP300; 11-24-09 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-11-09, 11:37 PM
SCVIP300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCVIP300
still having a issue of "all cold" or "all hot" air....
according to my codes im throwing a 11 error....in cabin ambient air sensor...=(

e.g. set temp at 72 degrees, no a/c, open circulation = hottt *** air....

set at max cool, no a/c, open circulation, = current outside air temp...

any help on this?
no one really??

are 96+ ones compatible with 92-95 ones?
Old 05-11-17, 04:03 AM
Mirz167
Driver School Candidate

Need help please!!
Old 05-24-20, 06:05 PM
btreiber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mirz167
Need help please!!
Any answer on this issue? I have the same issue. Not the fuses checked. Nothing seems out of order. No power to the unit or LCD. I believe the rear unit is out also. I've search everywhere with no answer. Any help would be appreciated.