SC is out of commision..Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 06:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default down and out

Hey Abboushi,
Sorry to hear about the car. Thank God you're okay. Hope the person in the other car is okay too. It's weird seeing this thread and everybody's feeling about losing the fire. I was thinking it earlier today. Like...who cares anymore...why visit the site...things are changing. I'm even thinking of selling the car. I promised never to part with her but I can see the thoughts coming more and more. I ordered something today and thought, why am I pouring so much money into this car. For things that show age....when I could just get a new car. The other people I meet around the city are kids who are ricing out their SC with neon and cheap ice that rattle the whole car when it's turned up.
The thing is...when I look at her after a fresh bath...I fall for her all over again. When I look at one of my nice pics...I can't help saying....THAT THING IS SWEET!

Abboushi, get another SC!
Old 01-05-05, 07:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Rashed..sorry about the car, but its gone (totaled).

I agree with Lee and Jose, even though My SC is not all hardcore'd out, I know exactly where they're coming from but things will never change. Sc's will only get cheaper and cheaper and more "people" will buy them as the car gets more exposure with the "tuner crowd".
Old 01-06-05, 11:32 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't agree to much that SC's are becoming very easy to get. How many SC's to we even see out there? I only see a few a week and I'm constantly driving.

Yes, early SC's are becoming affordable for the younger crowd but this doesn't mean you can easily find one. When I search Autotrader.com, there's maybe 12 SC's in a 100 mile radius.

I've also never seen a very abused SC or one that's been riced out by a kid. I've only seen a couple of not to tasteful SC's posted here (not members cars). I think most SC buyers are very different from those that are buying Hondas to screw around with. There's a higher maturity level and that's why we choose Lexus in the first place.

I see nothing wrong with the SC crowd.

Old 01-06-05, 12:02 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
Hey Abboushi,
Sorry to hear about the car. Thank God you're okay. Hope the person in the other car is okay too. It's weird seeing this thread and everybody's feeling about losing the fire. I was thinking it earlier today. Like...who cares anymore...why visit the site...things are changing. I'm even thinking of selling the car. I promised never to part with her but I can see the thoughts coming more and more. I ordered something today and thought, why am I pouring so much money into this car. For things that show age....when I could just get a new car. The other people I meet around the city are kids who are ricing out their SC with neon and cheap ice that rattle the whole car when it's turned up.
The thing is...when I look at her after a fresh bath...I fall for her all over again. When I look at one of my nice pics...I can't help saying....THAT THING IS SWEET!

Abboushi, get another SC!
Damn Reggie you really had me scared there for a minute.

Just keep it clean and keep noting that it costs less than your buddy's new Corolla.

Rashed, good luck man. It's a sad day indeed.
Old 01-06-05, 12:13 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

Bad news again! must be very frustrating for you. But after only living here for 2rys, it doesn't suprise me, the criteria for passing a driving test is a ten minute joke!!...at least thats what it took for me to pass/get my Texas drivers license, & nothings going to change until people are better "potty trained" ..... what do you expect when kids are given over powerd cars by mummy! not to mention talking on the phone, while in the other hand holding an ice lolly & a cig in the other!!!!
If i had my way, for every 2 accidents proven to be caused by YOU, THEN IT SHOULD BE AUTOMATIC.....RETAKE DRIVERS TEST. [ think il ged orf ma sope box now ]

Not been here for a while, tend to go to the soarer TIF site [ UK ]

It would be interesting if you could document or let us know the outcome of your insurance claim, i really would like you to stick it the other party!!

Best wishes mate
baz.
Old 01-06-05, 12:33 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLSC4
I don't agree to much that SC's are becoming very easy to get. How many SC's to we even see out there? I only see a few a week and I'm constantly driving.

Yes, early SC's are becoming affordable for the younger crowd but this doesn't mean you can easily find one. When I search Autotrader.com, there's maybe 12 SC's in a 100 mile radius.

I've also never seen a very abused SC or one that's been riced out by a kid. I've only seen a couple of not to tasteful SC's posted here (not members cars). I think most SC buyers are very different from those that are buying Hondas to screw around with. There's a higher maturity level and that's why we choose Lexus in the first place.

I see nothing wrong with the SC crowd.

Must just be MASS. Here in LA SC's are everywhere. I see at least 4 a day not including mine. It used to be that I always saw older ladies driving them...but lately, in the past year or so, I've seen much younger people in them..driving erratically, trying to floss with a major dent in the door or some crummy non-Lexus wheels. The SC crowd is definitely changing, and not for the better, at least not here in LA. Just yesterday I saw 3 beater SC's, I almost wanted to run the driver's off the road...all of them were young, probably buying parts from Kragen or AutoZone
Old 01-06-05, 12:47 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Must just be MASS. Here in LA SC's are everywhere. I see at least 4 a day not including mine. It used to be that I always saw older ladies driving them...but lately, in the past year or so, I've seen much younger people in them..driving erratically, trying to floss with a major dent in the door or some crummy non-Lexus wheels. The SC crowd is definitely changing, and not for the better, at least not here in LA. Just yesterday I saw 3 beater SC's, I almost wanted to run the driver's off the road...all of them were young, probably buying parts from Kragen or AutoZone
The craziest thing I've saw a person do to a SC here in NY was put a HUGE dragon sticker on the side of the car and a spoiler that looked like it belonged on a 747. It looked hideous.....

As you can see from the recent age poll, the scene has definitely changed drastically..But at least look at the bright side, theres less competition. For those who are willing to go the extra mile or two, it'll be easiler for true enthusiasts to make their SC more exclusive than ever..
Old 01-06-05, 02:58 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are harsh.
Give some props to the youngans...at least they didn't give in and buy a Civic meaning they have at least SOME taste.
Yes it is true that most of them have a different idea for car mods (a.k.a. BLING) and most can't afford the high-end stuff after shelling out the $ for an SC.
But then again, they'll grow up and I'm glad we can help them grow.

As an example: I saved up enough money for a turbo kit and installed it myself.
Once I saw boost, I realised my brakes had broblems keeping up, so I collected the cash for some TT brakes. Lo and behold, stock rims don't clear (what a surprise) which means I now need to save up for a set of bigger rims.
I ended up with an ugly-*** set of super-bling rims:

Can you flame me because I'm a kid with some cheap ***, BLING rims? Sure you can.....but I'll smoke the **** outta ya and when you finally catch up I'll use the abilities of my TT brakes to stop on a dime and get you to rearend me, suing you out of your iForged rims.

Be nice to the rice. ROFLOL

~Alan
Old 01-06-05, 03:14 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
Can you flame me because I'm a kid with some cheap ***, BLING rims? Sure you can.....but I'll smoke the **** outta ya and when you finally catch up I'll use the abilities of my TT brakes to stop on a dime and get you to rearend me, suing you out of your iForged rims.

Be nice to the rice. ROFLOL

~Alan
I probably wouldn't even notice as I'd be driving slow and looking for chicks ...as usual
Old 01-06-05, 09:25 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What!???

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Beat him after you get the check

GS400 all the way, you know you can't go away from Lexus. i've been debating the upgrade myself.
Uh, Brian, you're a great guy, but to say it is an upgrade to step from a SC to a GS is downright offensive!!!

Ryan
Old 01-06-05, 09:48 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

I don't think the SC becoming a "tuner" car is a bad thing, but that's coming from someone who would like to see Lexus have more of a performance aspect, like say BMW's M division. I know there was Ltuned for a little while, but that obviously didn't pan out too well. Maybe it will show them that there is interest out there.

I've been looking at getting a 92-95 sc300 for a project car to replace my long gone 93 Cobra mustang. Pick up the car itself cheap and save the rest for mods/fix ups. Yeah there are a lot of of better potential race cars out there but I'm a big Lexus fan and you can get a stick in them. You still don't see that many of them on the road (at least around here) and you can't buy "performance" parts for them at pep boys, so I think the majority of the fast and furious crowd will stay away from them or get bored quickly. Yeah you will get the ghetto people who will pick up a 92 and slap some rims on it and think they are "big tymin", but once something breaks on them and they can't afford to get it fixed I think they too will lose interest.

When I was big into mustangs, I never let the 4 cylinder stang thugs get to me. We would just laugh or yell something out the window them, but you will get people like that with any car worth having. I know it's coming with my GS400 'cause when the new one hits the streets, there is going to be lines of people looking for rough high mileage 98 GS300's to become the next ballers
Old 01-06-05, 09:49 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC400T
Uh, Brian, you're a great guy, but to say it is an upgrade to step from a SC to a GS is downright offensive!!!

Ryan
No kidding!
The SC is the higher model in the Lexus line. It stands at the same level of the LS.
Old 01-06-05, 09:57 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
No kidding!
The SC is the higher model in the Lexus line. It stands at the same level of the LS.
hmm..you are right to a certain extent...only...that was 10 years ago...

Some of you guys aren't getting the point. The Sc's image is getting a little degraded which is why some people have left and some people are thinking about leaving or some people just have no idea what to do. In every category of cars there will be some "distasteful" ones but what are you gonna do? We all have different taste I admit but maybe it would'nt hurt to think a little bit longer before purchasing stuff.
Old 01-08-05, 08:15 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

If people are leaving the SC because they feel it's degraded, then they are doing themselves a disfavor. It's their loss.

Some just want to leave probably because they want a bigger four door car such as a GS.

Some, here and on other posts, are talking about having to have the $ to own a Lexus, but we have tons of DIY on this board done by some of the more respected members. That doesn't require tons of money and does not degrade our car.

Just my $ .02

Ed
Old 01-08-05, 10:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default my reasons

Originally Posted by SC300Es
If people are leaving the SC because they feel it's degraded, then they are doing themselves a disfavor. It's their loss.

Some just want to leave probably because they want a bigger four door car such as a GS.

Some, here and on other posts, are talking about having to have the $ to own a Lexus, but we have tons of DIY on this board done by some of the more respected members. That doesn't require tons of money and does not degrade our car.

Just my $ .02

Ed

Here are my reasons for feeling a little down about the car:
-I'm accustomed to getting another car every 3 years. It'll be 4 yrs with the platinumsc in March.
-With age comes expenses to keep it looking new. I've changed headlights, seats, etc. Then there are more maintenance costs. Just had a new radiator put in. The other broke due to mechanic fault but it wouldn't have happened if I had'nt been there for other maintenance items. I don't mind spending for wheels, kits and mods but doing that plus maintenance/repairs on an aging car is a bit much. I was happy getting only wheels and kits and changing cars often.
-I was hoping to have socialization with other people who love their cars. But the GS guys seem to only want to hang with other GS owners(except for ED). The guys I meet in SC's are mostly younger. The older guys are not into modding. I don't care about that but we haven't been able to get together for some reason. Some make comments about my car looking so much nicer than theirs. I don't care about that either. I don't know what it is but there doesn't seem to be any personal camaraderie with Lexus owners...except on this board.
-I get bored with my toys in general after a while. I also change jewelry every 2 or 3 years. I change stereos too. Actually, I change a lot of things now that I'm married (meaning I used to change women a lot).
BUT, I just finished washing the platinumsc. It looks sooo good. To me, it's one of the best looking cars ever created. Close to perfect in symmetry, design, craftmanship, quality, comfort. Biggest problem is lack of power. Even that is okay, we can only drive so fast out there. In the end, I'm going to fight my self to keep her. At least until cars start flying.

Quick Reply: SC is out of commision..Wrecked