SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another N00b!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-04, 06:23 PM
JadeSCFour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another N00b!

Hey, the names Mike, and i drive a 95 Jade SC400. I enjoy long walks on the beach and getting my butt violated by z28's and Mach 1's in autocrossing. You believe that? they make us run FS?

I'm currently a member of Houston-Imports.com, and finally broke down and joined clublexus at the suggestion of Hoebag (i think he's in the es forum?)

I am a highschooler, so it's very tempting to "rice out" this lux. car, you know, be part of the crowd, but i've kept it to
Interior UNDER DASH lighting and painted calipers, which look hella nice in contrast with the exterior paint. Meh, decide for yourself Here
Old 01-19-04, 07:56 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Howdy,.

Welcome wagon rolling through.
Old 01-19-04, 09:03 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Club (aka: SLS)... I love your Black int... If you ever want to part it our let me know LOL...

Any other plans for your car ??
Shawn
Old 01-19-04, 09:42 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

nice. im not feelin the red calipers but thats only cause im a true believer in red is only for brembo brakes. but if you like it then that makes it so much better. oh yah and WELCOME!!!! like asnatlas asked. whats your plans for it?
Old 01-19-04, 11:18 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

welcome to the club. sorry no rice allowed, unless you have a full flame suit on

j/k most everyone here is open to new opinions and styles. enjoy!
Old 01-20-04, 06:49 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

Welcome!! Remember that a Lexus can never be "riced out" .... only "General Tsoed".
Old 01-20-04, 09:28 AM
JadeSCFour
Driver School Candidate

Not much else i can do at the moment, i'm restricted by the SCCA's stock rules, but ideally i'd lower it an inch or two with some eibachs or some springs from lexuspros.com. Maybe put some soarer emblems on, at least the rear "soarer" one, not so enthused bout the griffin on the front. I would put an enclosure in the trunk with some subs, but i measured and i couldnt fit any bodies, oh LUGGAGE (sorry bout the freudian slip), and the OEM sub suits me fine. I just purchased matching accent lighting for the drivers side, but i'd like you guys to know that i ran the wire from the original through the moulding under the dash, and up through to the cigarette lighter, which is easily hidden by the door that pops down, and the on/off switch is easily accessible while driving. I'm going to splice into the original wire when i run the other lexan tube up from the driver's side, so both are on one switch, and i can run all future neon from one switch. As for things i can do on my highschooler's budget, i've got 2 pairs of xenon bulbs on order to replace the oem lights, cause one of them burned out on me, might as well replace them all. Pep boys also ordered me everything i need for my 120,000 mile tuneup (108k and suffering at the moment), so i'm gonna do that now. The dealership in my area charges $1200 for this tuneup, and parts are going to cost me like $340. It's kinda sad that i cant afford to have professionals maintain the car, but my dad's autocrossed and modded cars all his life, so he has some experience.
Old 01-20-04, 01:47 PM
5speed300
Pole Position

Do you have any sound clips of the exhuast? I'm thinking of going custom instead of waiting 5 months for the JIC exhaust from japan. How does the SC fair on the autocross course?
Old 01-20-04, 02:28 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Welcome to CL this must be SC appreciation week or something, lots o newbs!! LOL

Enjoy your car!
Old 01-20-04, 05:58 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

welcome aboard! to save time, get out those credit cards and memorize those digits. you'll need them frequently
Old 01-20-04, 06:15 PM
2kwiq
Rookie

damn, bro...that looks like a 300 to me...

anyone with me? correct me if i am wrong...

if you don't want someone to say you full of rice i suggest you make sure it's a 400...
Old 01-20-04, 06:16 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Welcome to CL this must be SC appreciation week or something, lots o newbs!! LOL

Enjoy your car!
LOL, that is what I was thinking... We have had a few new members in the past few wks...

Shawn
Old 01-20-04, 06:25 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 2kwiq
damn, bro...that looks like a 300 to me...

anyone with me? correct me if i am wrong...

if you don't want someone to say you full of rice i suggest you make sure it's a 400...
Well from looking at the pics, other then the SC400 badge on the back (center of trunk) you can't tell if its a 300 or 400, he has not shown any pics of the engine, What I am saying is you can't tell by just looking at the outside if its a 300 or 400... other then badges and in most cases a 400 came with a spoiler (not all)... Which his does have also... So to me with out seeing the engine bay, and seeing the spoiler / badge I would have to says its a 400, I am not sure why he would say its a 400 if it was really a 300...

Maybe its the front spoiler missing (could have been taken off because it was messed up) I believe 400's came with the front spoiler where as the 300's did not...

Shawn

Last edited by asnatlas; 01-20-04 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-20-04, 09:21 PM
JadeSCFour
Driver School Candidate

Definitely a 400, V8 4.0 L, otherwise i wouldnt race other v8's, i.e. z28's and Mustang Mach 1s, not to mention the Trans Am that always wins our class. My dad and i both race the same car, he generally does better than me, b/c he did it all through college with an MG Midget and Datsun 240, Neither of us has lost to a mach 1, but the z28s cream us by a couple tenths and the trans am by about half a sec. It's still competitive. Sometimes, i wish it were a 300 so i could put some forced induction on it, hopefully less pricey than the cool 8 g's from that supercharger company in australia. The spoiler on the front? not sure about that, we're the second owner of the car, i posted a hella lot more pics today on it's website, its a 95, and damage to the front end previous to our ownership is unknown to us. Take a look. tomorrow i'll post pics of the interior. You probably cant see the V8 in the pic of the airbox with the K&N in it. Enough for now haha.
Old 01-20-04, 09:37 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by JadeSCFour
The spoiler on the front? not sure about that, we're the second owner of the car, i posted a hella lot more pics today on it's website, its a 95, and damage to the front end previous to our ownership is unknown to us.
I am just saying maybe the reason it’s missing is because it was damaged and was taken off... But you can see the spoiler I am referring to pictured below on ACleanSC4's car...

Also they are usally a mat black color, ACleanSC4 had his painted to match the car...

Shawn
Attached Thumbnails Another N00b!-acleansc4.jpg  

Last edited by asnatlas; 01-20-04 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Another N00b!