SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sick of no perf. parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-01, 10:23 AM
mindflux
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about had it. When are manufacturers gonna get their $&^T straight?

I'm getting sick of trying to look for Regular performance components and NOBODY is doing anything about it.

1) Who the hell has a pair of header besides C's for the 1UZ-FE?
2) Why do we have to pay almost twice as much for a torque converter?
3) Why isn't there a cheap air intake hose kit for the 1UZ-FE engine?
4) Why has nobody found the size of the injectors needed to stop the so called MAXED out Lexus injector sindrome?
5) why is it so hard to get the ECU reprogrammed?
6) Nobody has an oversized throttle body?
7) Why are the cams also not offered?
8) Cheap strut bars?
9) Specific drop in tank fuel pump?
10) Pulleys nobody?

Common folks don't buy into the low volume B.S. and the stories about the Lexus electronics and all those other fancy B.S. stories.

I bet all the parts are being made already the problem is that nobody has taken their time to try and fit the application. I bet there are a bunch on intercheangeble parts that are waiting to be discovered. I don't want to point out fingers but this plain old sucks when performance shops and manufacturers leave a particular model in the dust.

Please let this thread be the start of something good. Please voice your opinion.

Mind
1995 SC400

Old 03-30-01, 10:40 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

I would also be interested in a strut bar for my '92 SC300. I have not seen any out there so far...
Old 03-30-01, 10:53 AM
sc400nos

Default I feel the pain

Dude, I feel the pain. I am very sick on not being able to buy performance parts and what I do buy is really for something else and I have to make it work. I am a serious budget racer and good greif any of the parts for lexus's (lexi?) are so expensive. Instead of buying a new torque I am going to have mine rebuilt. Instead of buying new injectors I am having mine bored out and cleaned. Oh, and there is only so much you can do without needing to get your ecu reprogrammed as well. If you find out any cool place to get anything please let us know as I always do.
Old 03-30-01, 11:29 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Sick

I agree.....Been looking and waiting for years for perf part to either be available or affordable. Been almost 10 years for the SC.....I dont understand it. It kinda sucks that I've been considering another brand of vehicle just for more performance. My 2cents.

gadgetSC
Old 03-30-01, 01:44 PM
FastSC300

Hey all,
I also been wondering about some performance items for the SC.

The strut bars are a good idea, and I have contemplating trying to make something, now since I have a welder and cutter. If and when I do, I will let you guys know.

Other ideas I have considered....

*Modified shifter for the Manual SC's(ie short shifter)
*NA downpipe with highflow Catalytic converter
*Custom Intake manifold for the N/A motor(for turbo upgrade)
*full intake for the 3.0l N/A motor instead of just the adapter and filter.

Just some ideas
hey, where there is a will there's a way, right

Scot Hail

Old 03-30-01, 04:03 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Exclamation

Mind, you are definitely singing to the choir. I am probably going to build an efficient air intake for our side TB apps.

I don't like the headers from C's. They may make less power than stock. Some longtubes could be built by a shop but the stockers are probably fine to 400hp.

Doesn't C's offer cams?

Dave Inall of Incon Turbosystems builds 800hp I6 and V8 Landcruisers for UAE customers and uses a stand alone engine managment system. He told me the Toyota ECU is extremely complicated very very hard to break the code. Dave is no wimp when it comes to this so I take his word.

All in all I think Mo's new supercharger may be the LEAST expensive way to get serious HP out of our cars. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
Old 04-01-01, 03:11 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

GEEZ MIND!!!

Headers, don't need em

Converter, no problem

Air Intake, already did it

Injectors, not really needed

ECU, already did it

Throttle body, don't need it

Cams, already did it

Cheap strut bars? YUCK on cheap things!

Fuel pump, already did it

Pulleys, already did it

Haven't gone to production with any of this stuff due to the fact that most people only SAY that they will buy this, that or the other thing. Low production also means that you aren't going to get bargain prices for these parts, but at the same time, it would be far from gouging prices.

You know how it goes...cash talks, BS walks

Old 04-01-01, 04:53 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

buy an sc300...add boost and the complaints will stop......400 is a great cruising motor to keep stock..mabye an air filter exahust and nos..but thats it...as far as a computer up grade i thinki toyomoto does the g-force upgrade but i think its like 1100?....dont remember.....if you wanna go fast for decent money in an sc buy the sc300 and add boost and enjoy......my 2cents
Old 04-02-01, 04:14 AM
lxxxs
Driver

Cool

there is a strut bar for the sc. im not sure if its just for the 300 or not? but its made by cusco u can get one from
motorsportswarehouse.com im getting it next week for my 300 ill let u guys know how it is.
Old 04-02-01, 07:12 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post sway bar

Yes, Cusco makes them:

Lexus SC 300 92 - 97: 31.8mm dia front 395.00
26.5mm dia rear 395.00

Pt No: 185312A/B
Old 04-02-01, 07:17 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question fuel pump

Double whoosh: I am installing my speakers and running all my wires so the rear seat is out. Should/could I pull the stock fuel pump and replace with upgrade? I plan on turbo in a year so should I just wait or could it help now? Also, what did you do to the ECU? I thought it was unworkable, did you hack?

Hey, I'm all for putting the money where the mouth is, just cant find stuff. Just ordered air adapter & conical filter from Cali - should be here soon.....

Old 04-02-01, 08:47 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

lxxs,
I checked the website and did not find a specific part number/price for the strut tower bar for an sc300. Can you help?
Old 04-02-01, 10:12 AM
lxxxs
Driver

give them a call they quoted me 105 there# is 520.321.9500
Old 04-02-01, 10:59 AM
mindflux
Pole Position

ouch but hey at least you said it (I was trying to get a bigger response),

well just venting my frustration, but hey thanks anyways...

I guess my cheap new project should come in handy and better leave my slow SC400 parked and maybe start it once in a while to keep the battery from dying...

Unless "someone" sends me an email and quotes me some really great parts mindflux90@hotmail.com

Old 04-02-01, 11:02 AM
mindflux
Pole Position

933005spd,

correct me if I'm wrong, I think you are refering to sway bars not strut bars are you? if they offer a rear strut bar that sounds great.

Mind

Quick Reply: Sick of no perf. parts