SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1997 supra TT seats on 92SC400 *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 04:50 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supra seats have lumbar support? I never noticed that.
Old 10-29-03, 05:30 PM
X-TNSIV
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MoogieBoogie
Supra seats have lumbar support? I never noticed that.
I've already done this swap and the supra seats do not have lumbar adjustments.

total weight savings is more along the lines 40lbs total....or 20lbs/side

Allen
Old 10-29-03, 07:16 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Great mod D, no more getting slammed into the door panel on hard turns...

This is so true. The stock leather seats are just too slippery. I don't, however, how anything to complain about how soft and comfortable the stock seats are. Just don't plan on being well planted when cornering. I have Corbeau A4's in my gold SC and these things keep me in check. When I drive my white SC, with the stock seats, I feel like I'm about to slip off of its edge. I like the idea of using Supra seats. They look and probably are more supportive than the stock units. Plus, they're lighter and they match your interior. They also look cool. Good Job VSsc
Old 10-29-03, 08:30 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by X-TNSIV
I've already done this swap and the supra seats do not have lumbar adjustments.

total weight savings is more along the lines 40lbs total....or 20lbs/side

Allen
strange... I have lumbar support on my supra seats.
my passenger side is non-powered anything.

not to doubt you... but.

sc400 driver side is power everything and heated and supra TT driver side is 4 way power so let's say it's 20lbs lost

sc400 passenger side is identical to it's driver side counterpart except for the memory module and supra tt passenger is non-power anything... so how can the weight loss be 20lbs on each side?
Old 10-29-03, 09:03 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have custom leather supra seats in my Sc300, and would recomend this to anyone who wants to upgrade there seats. If you have ever spent a good deal of time in a Supra seat you will not want to go back to the love chair support of the SC seat. Mine are off a 93.5 Dawg and have new very nice tan leather put on them($1800 job) it doesn't match but looks much better than sc seats ever did. The sporty look of the supra seats fit very well with the lines of the car, and I have recieved many compliments on them. They will also seat you noticably lower, with defently doesn't hurt.
Old 10-29-03, 09:17 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

I like the idea of swapping the seats, but since the pass. side isn't power, then you have to slide it back and forth when getting in and out of the back. I don't use my back seat often, but I do every now and then. The "memory" feature where it automatically slides forward and then slides back is great! I wouldn't won't to lose it. If it's only a few lbs., then I'm not too concerned about it. How many people here use their backseat??
Old 10-29-03, 09:22 PM
Buttercup
Pole Position

strange... I have lumbar support on my supra seats.
I'm guessing you'll save more weight if you had heated seats due to the fact that there's a heater unit which is most likely made of metal coils and such.

As for the lumbar, maybe the power seats with lumbar support were an option. The sc supposedly comes bone stock with cloth seats and w/o heat.

I like the idea of swapping the seats, but since the pass. side isn't power, then you have to slide it back and forth when getting in and out of the back. I don't use my back seat often, but I do every now and then. The "memory" feature where it automatically slides forward and then slides back is great! I wouldn't won't to lose it. If it's only a few lbs., then I'm not too concerned about it. How many people here use their backseat??
It might be convenient to have the seat slide and stuff, but I find it to be a nuisance sometimes. It makes a lot of noise and takes forever to slide forward.
I prefer the manual quick release because:
1. It will last longer.
2. It's faster
3. It will eventually deter lazy people from wanting to catch a ride in the backseat
I even turn off the steering wheel auto return switch just to make sure that if my steering wheel jams, it jams in the ideal position.

BTW, whoever that is going to switch seats, would you mind weighing the seats?

Last edited by Buttercup; 10-29-03 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 05:33 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I'll try to measure the SC seats... but if anyone does do the supra seats i would like to see what they weigh.

I have yet to se an SC with cloth seat and no heater. I've heard that there are a few out there with cloth seats but I think 98% of SC's came with leather and 90% of them with heaters.
Old 10-30-03, 05:42 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Buttercup
As for the lumbar, maybe the power seats with lumbar support were an option. The sc supposedly comes bone stock with cloth seats and w/o heat.
I have leather, but I don't have heat in mine.

Originally posted by Buttercup
It might be convenient to have the seat slide and stuff, but I find it to be a nuisance sometimes. It makes a lot of noise and takes forever to slide forward.
I prefer the manual quick release because:
1. It will last longer.
2. It's faster
3. It will eventually deter lazy people from wanting to catch a ride in the backseat
I even turn off the steering wheel auto return switch just to make sure that if my steering wheel jams, it jams in the ideal position.
Haha, good point! I agree it is faster to have the manual, but I guess I just have it in my head that I want to keep those "Lexus Characteristics" and the seats are part of that.

Last edited by RSTSpeed; 10-30-03 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-31-03, 11:31 PM
Buttercup
Pole Position

What other Toyota/Lexus cars have seats that fit onto the sc?
Old 11-01-03, 08:56 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good... I love my heated seats and use them all the time when its cold, so I would not do this to a daily driver, but maybe once I get around to the turbo and I start looking for ways to cut on wt and keeping my butt in the seat I may have to look into this...

Thx for the post and keep us updated...
Shawn
Old 11-01-03, 12:35 PM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

I think the heated seats were part of the "winter driving" option package, which also included TRAC. Does anybody have an SC with heated seats that doesn't have TRAC?
Old 11-01-03, 12:38 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by strongsail
I think the heated seats were part of the "winter driving" option package, which also included TRAC. Does anybody have an SC with heated seats that doesn't have TRAC?
You are correct, the heated seats and TRAC are part of the "winter package" and when you have one you have the other, they were a "set" for that package...

Shawn
Old 11-02-03, 05:52 AM
5speed300
Pole Position

I have an SC with cloth and no heated seats or memory function. Just did a driving course that had a very tight track setup wiht the cones and I had no problem sliding into the door.

Last edited by 5speed300; 11-02-03 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-02-03, 08:22 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I guess my seats are just worn correctly, i love mine. good mod VS. if you wanna really shave that weight you can always..........

Quick Reply: 1997 supra TT seats on 92SC400 *pics*