Lexus Enform Wonít Work - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexus Enform Wonít Work

Old 11-27-18, 07:50 PM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Default Lexus Enform Wonít Work

Iím looking for advice. Last winter, I used the Lexus Enform remote via my iPhone, all winter, to start my 2017 RX remotely to heat it up. Worked fine. I discontinued the service to save a few buffaloes during the warm months. About a month ago, I resubscribed. But I cannot get it to work. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Lexus Enform going through multiple cycles of reset, waiting days for ďpendingĒ to clear, calling again, escalating to a higher techie etc. upon advice of the 800 guy, I scheduled with the dealer and spent 2 hours with the dealer tech last week. He was assured, in my presence, by the 800 number guy, that my ďpendingĒ wound clear in 48 hours. 8 days later Iím still in ďpendingĒ status and back to square one. I have another dealer appt in 2 days, but I donít wanna waste my time again in the viscous cycle.

How can can I get someoneís attention to get this fixed? Might this become a Lemon Law thing if I get 3 dealer tries? Honestly I donít expect a new car but I would like to get someoneís attention. The 800 people have been polite but I cannot understand many of their foreign accents. And they donít call back as promised. Iíve owned Lexuses since 1989. My RX is one of the best but this problem is the first that has not been resolvable and the Enform call center isnít up to Lexus snuff.

Last edited by daryll40; 11-27-18 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-28-18, 10:54 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by daryll40 View Post
Iím looking for advice. Last winter, I used the Lexus Enform remote via my iPhone, all winter, to start my 2017 RX remotely to heat it up. Worked fine. I discontinued the service to save a few buffaloes during the warm months. About a month ago, I resubscribed. But I cannot get it to work. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Lexus Enform going through multiple cycles of reset, waiting days for ďpendingĒ to clear, calling again, escalating to a higher techie etc. upon advice of the 800 guy, I scheduled with the dealer and spent 2 hours with the dealer tech last week. He was assured, in my presence, by the 800 number guy, that my ďpendingĒ wound clear in 48 hours. 8 days later Iím still in ďpendingĒ status and back to square one. I have another dealer appt in 2 days, but I donít wanna waste my time again in the viscous cycle.

How can can I get someoneís attention to get this fixed? Might this become a Lemon Law thing if I get 3 dealer tries? Honestly I donít expect a new car but I would like to get someoneís attention. The 800 people have been polite but I cannot understand many of their foreign accents. And they donít call back as promised. Iíve owned Lexuses since 1989. My RX is one of the best but this problem is the first that has not been resolvable and the Enform call center isnít up to Lexus snuff.
A goofy thought - have you uninstalled and then reinstalled the app? Rebooted your phone - hard reboot?
Old 11-28-18, 11:01 AM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Yes on all points. Multiple times.
Old 11-28-18, 11:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Yes on all points. Multiple times.
The only other thing I can think of would be to create a new user ID and then try - otherwise, Lexus owes you a resolution.
Old 11-28-18, 11:56 AM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Already did that too, twice.
Old 11-28-18, 12:05 PM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

When you got help, did you do it through the SOS button in your car?

I recently had the exact same issue on my GS. Multiple phone calls with no help. Finally one of them told me to do it from the SOS button on the car as they have a different tech team there. I did that and they were able to fix it within minutes.
Old 11-28-18, 12:15 PM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
When you got help, did you do it through the SOS button in your car?

I recently had the exact same issue on my GS. Multiple phone calls with no help. Finally one of them told me to do it from the SOS button on the car as they have a different tech team there. I did that and they were able to fix it within minutes.
The SOS button is part of the unresolveable problem, It calls something that says Iím roaming and would I like to contact my wireless carrier.
Old 11-28-18, 12:30 PM
Marqevans
Lead Lap

The SOS button is part of the unresolveable problem, It calls something that says Iím roaming and would I like to contact my wireless carrier.
I would call and ask for a refund for each day the service is not working.

Old 11-28-18, 12:47 PM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Marqevans View Post
I would call and ask for a refund for each day the service is not working.
They are happy to do that. But it doesnít compensate me for the fact that this is an important feature to me in a cold climate. Itís (somewhat) like not having A/C in the summer. Itís a reason I own this car.
Old 11-28-18, 12:49 PM
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic

Hmm...interesting. Our problems were the same until this tidbit. Not sure what to suggest next.
Old 11-28-18, 12:58 PM
fljones3
Driver School Candidate

The SOS button is part of the unresolveable problem, It calls something that says I’m roaming and would I like to contact my wireless carrier.
I am guessing here but perhaps the car and the phone are not communicating. How did you resubscribe? Under iPhone-settings-cellular is cellular data on? What is the setting for wi-fi calling? Also, check under the Lexus Enform setting is cellular data on?

Probably fine but at this point, it's worth a check.

Frank
Old 11-28-18, 01:22 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

They are happy to do that. But it doesnít compensate me for the fact that this is an important feature to me in a cold climate. Itís (somewhat) like not having A/C in the summer. Itís a reason I own this car.
Well it's not REALLY like NOT having AC in the summer. Your heat works, your remote start does not.
Old 11-28-18, 01:26 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

have you tried to disconnect the battery for > 5 minutes? disconnecting > 5 minutes then reconnecting forces the system to reload not just reboot..
Old 11-28-18, 07:36 PM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fljones3 View Post
I am guessing here but perhaps the car and the phone are not communicating. How did you resubscribe? Under iPhone-settings-cellular is cellular data on? What is the setting for wi-fi calling? Also, check under the Lexus Enform setting is cellular data on?

Probably fine but at this point, it's worth a check.

Frank
The SOS is independent of any cell phone.
Old 11-28-18, 07:37 PM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mjeds View Post
have you tried to disconnect the battery for > 5 minutes? disconnecting > 5 minutes then reconnecting forces the system to reload not just reboot..
This is worth a try. Stay tuned.
The Following User Says Thank You to daryll40 For This Useful Post:
ravenuer (11-29-18)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: