RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Enform Won’t Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-18, 06:50 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Lexus Enform Won’t Work

I’m looking for advice. Last winter, I used the Lexus Enform remote via my iPhone, all winter, to start my 2017 RX remotely to heat it up. Worked fine. I discontinued the service to save a few buffaloes during the warm months. About a month ago, I resubscribed. But I cannot get it to work. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Lexus Enform going through multiple cycles of reset, waiting days for “pending” to clear, calling again, escalating to a higher techie etc. upon advice of the 800 guy, I scheduled with the dealer and spent 2 hours with the dealer tech last week. He was assured, in my presence, by the 800 number guy, that my “pending” wound clear in 48 hours. 8 days later I’m still in “pending” status and back to square one. I have another dealer appt in 2 days, but I don’t wanna waste my time again in the viscous cycle.

How can can I get someone’s attention to get this fixed? Might this become a Lemon Law thing if I get 3 dealer tries? Honestly I don’t expect a new car but I would like to get someone’s attention. The 800 people have been polite but I cannot understand many of their foreign accents. And they don’t call back as promised. I’ve owned Lexuses since 1989. My RX is one of the best but this problem is the first that has not been resolvable and the Enform call center isn’t up to Lexus snuff.

Last edited by daryll40; 11-27-18 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-28-18, 09:54 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,353 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
I’m looking for advice. Last winter, I used the Lexus Enform remote via my iPhone, all winter, to start my 2017 RX remotely to heat it up. Worked fine. I discontinued the service to save a few buffaloes during the warm months. About a month ago, I resubscribed. But I cannot get it to work. I spent hours and hours on the phone with Lexus Enform going through multiple cycles of reset, waiting days for “pending” to clear, calling again, escalating to a higher techie etc. upon advice of the 800 guy, I scheduled with the dealer and spent 2 hours with the dealer tech last week. He was assured, in my presence, by the 800 number guy, that my “pending” wound clear in 48 hours. 8 days later I’m still in “pending” status and back to square one. I have another dealer appt in 2 days, but I don’t wanna waste my time again in the viscous cycle.

How can can I get someone’s attention to get this fixed? Might this become a Lemon Law thing if I get 3 dealer tries? Honestly I don’t expect a new car but I would like to get someone’s attention. The 800 people have been polite but I cannot understand many of their foreign accents. And they don’t call back as promised. I’ve owned Lexuses since 1989. My RX is one of the best but this problem is the first that has not been resolvable and the Enform call center isn’t up to Lexus snuff.
A goofy thought - have you uninstalled and then reinstalled the app? Rebooted your phone - hard reboot?
Old 11-28-18, 10:01 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Yes on all points. Multiple times.
Old 11-28-18, 10:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Yes on all points. Multiple times.
The only other thing I can think of would be to create a new user ID and then try - otherwise, Lexus owes you a resolution.
Old 11-28-18, 10:56 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Already did that too, twice.
Old 11-28-18, 11:05 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

When you got help, did you do it through the SOS button in your car?

I recently had the exact same issue on my GS. Multiple phone calls with no help. Finally one of them told me to do it from the SOS button on the car as they have a different tech team there. I did that and they were able to fix it within minutes.
Old 11-28-18, 11:15 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
When you got help, did you do it through the SOS button in your car?

I recently had the exact same issue on my GS. Multiple phone calls with no help. Finally one of them told me to do it from the SOS button on the car as they have a different tech team there. I did that and they were able to fix it within minutes.
The SOS button is part of the unresolveable problem, It calls something that says I’m roaming and would I like to contact my wireless carrier.
Old 11-28-18, 11:30 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

The SOS button is part of the unresolveable problem, It calls something that says I’m roaming and would I like to contact my wireless carrier.
I would call and ask for a refund for each day the service is not working.

Old 11-28-18, 11:47 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Marqevans
I would call and ask for a refund for each day the service is not working.
They are happy to do that. But it doesn’t compensate me for the fact that this is an important feature to me in a cold climate. It’s (somewhat) like not having A/C in the summer. It’s a reason I own this car.
Old 11-28-18, 11:49 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Hmm...interesting. Our problems were the same until this tidbit. Not sure what to suggest next.
Old 11-28-18, 11:58 AM
fljones3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing here but perhaps the car and the phone are not communicating. How did you resubscribe? Under iPhone-settings-cellular is cellular data on? What is the setting for wi-fi calling? Also, check under the Lexus Enform setting is cellular data on?

Probably fine but at this point, it's worth a check.

Frank
Old 11-28-18, 12:22 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

They are happy to do that. But it doesn’t compensate me for the fact that this is an important feature to me in a cold climate. It’s (somewhat) like not having A/C in the summer. It’s a reason I own this car.
Well it's not REALLY like NOT having AC in the summer. Your heat works, your remote start does not.
Old 11-28-18, 12:26 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

have you tried to disconnect the battery for > 5 minutes? disconnecting > 5 minutes then reconnecting forces the system to reload not just reboot..
Old 11-28-18, 06:36 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fljones3
I am guessing here but perhaps the car and the phone are not communicating. How did you resubscribe? Under iPhone-settings-cellular is cellular data on? What is the setting for wi-fi calling? Also, check under the Lexus Enform setting is cellular data on?

Probably fine but at this point, it's worth a check.

Frank
The SOS is independent of any cell phone.
Old 11-28-18, 06:37 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mjeds
have you tried to disconnect the battery for > 5 minutes? disconnecting > 5 minutes then reconnecting forces the system to reload not just reboot..
This is worth a try. Stay tuned.
The following users liked this post:
ravenuer (11-29-18)

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform Won’t Work