RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 Lexus RX 350 Sports series-Locked Key fob vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-18, 09:46 AM
finlay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Lexus RX 350 Sports series-Locked Key fob vehicle

Hi Everyone,

This is my first Lexus, I have had it for a yr now. I have never be able to lock the keys in the car because I would get a "warning says keys in vehicle" with long beeping sound. This morning I used the mobile drone app to start my Lexus. Went out to the suv with my toddler and automatically was able to open the door and vehicle shut off. I quickly strapped her in and restarted the vehicle using the start engine button. Vehicle started and we drove to her daycare which is 5 mins away. I got out of the vehicle and pressed the engine button to stop vehicle and got my daughter out. and thought because it's -14 out I should use the mobile drone and keep the suv running. normally I take my key fob with me but I was running late. brought my daughter in and then came back to my vehicle running and all of the sudden the vehicle was locked. I tried using the unlocked door feature on the mobile drone app. but that didn't work. I was able to shut of the vehicle using the app. Not sure how the doors locked I know they made the feature that if keys are still in the vehicle the doors won't lock. I called lexus road side assistance however , they cannot help me until after work since I physically have to be there. My question is will they be able to unlock my vehicle? or just tow it?

Old 10-09-18, 11:23 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,908 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Originally Posted by finlay
Hi Everyone,

This is my first Lexus, I have had it for a yr now. I have never be able to lock the keys in the car because I would get a "warning says keys in vehicle" with long beeping sound. This morning I used the mobile drone app to start my Lexus. Went out to the suv with my toddler and automatically was able to open the door and vehicle shut off. I quickly strapped her in and restarted the vehicle using the start engine button. Vehicle started and we drove to her daycare which is 5 mins away. I got out of the vehicle and pressed the engine button to stop vehicle and got my daughter out. and thought because it's -14 out I should use the mobile drone and keep the suv running. normally I take my key fob with me but I was running late. brought my daughter in and then came back to my vehicle running and all of the sudden the vehicle was locked. I tried using the unlocked door feature on the mobile drone app. but that didn't work. I was able to shut of the vehicle using the app. Not sure how the doors locked I know they made the feature that if keys are still in the vehicle the doors won't lock. I called lexus road side assistance however , they cannot help me until after work since I physically have to be there. My question is will they be able to unlock my vehicle? or just tow it?
Have you tried unlocking the vehicle with the app while it is not running? I think it makes sense that it will not allow you to unlock it when it has been remote-started. Maybe it will work if the vehicle is shut off?
Old 10-16-18, 10:25 AM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the second set of keys you can use? Towing seems excessive. Try all the doors and trunk to see if it'll unlock.
I've never used the mobile app or kept the car running. I do know that if you unlock the car and don't open the doors it'll relock. I wonder if you unlocked the door with the keys while the door was opened and closed it.
Old 10-16-18, 10:28 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I don't think it will auto lock with the engine running. Unless this is an episode of Bait Car?