RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2019 changes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-18, 06:59 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I think it's a marketing issue which I don't completely understand and not that they're "so behind". I ownded a Honda for a short time and if you want to see "so behind", try one. I dumped it after nine months.

2005: my Honda Accord did not have the outside temperature while my Corolla did...

But I still loved my Accord!
Old 01-30-18, 08:35 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Where would it get the data?
Data for the live traffic? It would be through HD radio, same as the 2018 NX
Old 01-30-18, 08:40 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
But here they don't even broadcast it.

And we only have one station for the whole Quebec province and it is in Montreal.
Old 01-30-18, 09:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,571 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
I thought the 17 RX already has that?
Old 01-30-18, 09:24 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I thought the 17 RX already has that?

We are talking Canadian models.
Old 03-12-18, 07:37 PM
kellens
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2019 changes?

Any thoughts on the 2019 changes to come, as it is due for a mid-cycle refresh of the RX350 and RX450h, and a few spy shots showed up online mostly taping the tail lights, and maybe a tiny around the grill. In 2018 they seem to have 'improved/fixed' the vibration and drone issue. What is likely to come with the 2019? This is a hot selling car and already a consumer favorite by being an oasis from bad roads and noise. Obviously it's not a canyon carver, but 99.9% of buyers don't care. They don't have to do much to make it sell. Seems early for Car Play since it just showed in the Avalon, though that might make it to the new ES in 2019? Does anyone know when mid-cycle refresh info usually is released?
Old 03-13-18, 06:15 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

The 2019 RX is currently expected to arrive in September, so we should know details in July at the very latest. Crossing fingers that CarPlay will be in the 2019 RX!
Old 03-13-18, 08:25 AM
kellens
Pole Position

I hope for CarPlay and android auto. But part of me wonders if they'll put that in their cars they AREN'T selling as many of first. They don't need to do much to the RX for it to sell A LOT of them. And they know this. I'm hopeful more put into NVH measures. Finally address the transmission searching and exhaust drone. And interior tweaks to upscale it bit more. A few switchgear looks too much like Toyota.
Old 03-13-18, 09:17 AM
TA00
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Newbie here. Just started checking out the RX last friday as we are about to turn our X5 in. I am disappointed there is no car play so that would be great for the 19's. Being that I have been shopping I am surprised at how many 17's are still on lots and how little they want to deal with them. I may grab one off swapalease for the time being to get me into the 19's territory.
Old 03-13-18, 10:20 AM
kellens
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TA00
Newbie here. Just started checking out the RX last friday as we are about to turn our X5 in. I am disappointed there is no car play so that would be great for the 19's. Being that I have been shopping I am surprised at how many 17's are still on lots and how little they want to deal with them. I may grab one off swapalease for the time being to get me into the 19's territory.
Lexus did an atypical thing from their 'normal' by delaying the 2018 RX (likely waiting for the L version to come with it) until very late, until after the new year, thus a long 2017 run. Historically their new model would roll out end of September. Whether Lexus will release the 2019 in September, or use new January date isn't known. That would be a very short fun for the RX350L before a refresh. IF there are large changes, CarPlay would be one, I'd anticipate little to no discounts for many months, you'll need the dealer to sell you one a lot more than they will need you if history repeats itself on their best selling vehicle. That said, if Lexus want's to keep up and attract younger buyers, their tech needs an overhaul.

Last edited by kellens; 03-13-18 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-13-18, 10:32 AM
TA00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kellens
Lexus did an atypical thing from their 'normal' by delaying the 2018 RX (likely waiting for the L version to come with it) until very late, until after the new year, thus a long 2017 run. Historically their new model would roll out end of September. Whether Lexus will release the 2019 in September, or use new January date isn't known. That would be a very short fun for the RX350L before a refresh. IF there are large changes, CarPlay would be one, I'd anticipate little to no discounts for many months, you'll need the dealer to sell you one a lot more than they will need you if history repeats itself on their best selling vehicle. That said, if Lexus want's to keep up and attract younger buyers, their tech needs an overhaul.
Yea we werent pleased with the tech. Like I said, I may get another X5 or a RX off swapalease for a year.
Old 03-13-18, 07:14 PM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Hmmm. I am not that familiar with Lexus and haven't owned any before. I am thinking of 2018 RX450h but if it is worth the wait I will. I plan to keep the car for many years. Is a mid-cycle refresh usually worth waiting?
Old 03-13-18, 07:24 PM
kellens
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CCTX
Hmmm. I am not that familiar with Lexus and haven't owned any before. I am thinking of 2018 RX450h but if it is worth the wait I will. I plan to keep the car for many years. Is a mid-cycle refresh usually worth waiting?
Historically Lexus does front and rear end updates, small grill and tail light changes. A few tweaks to suspension, added sound proofing, tech updates, small items. They added CarPlay to the Avalon this year so that's a possibility. Lexus is behind in tech, always, some because they let the other work out the bugs and they go for reliability. Years of updates tend to sell highest and are discounted the least. Here's an example of the mid year refresh on the NX done this year: https://www.carscoops.com/2017/04/20...-game-of-spot/

Last edited by kellens; 03-13-18 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-14-18, 06:37 AM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kellens
Historically Lexus does front and rear end updates, small grill and tail light changes. A few tweaks to suspension, added sound proofing, tech updates, small items. They added CarPlay to the Avalon this year so that's a possibility. Lexus is behind in tech, always, some because they let the other work out the bugs and they go for reliability. Years of updates tend to sell highest and are discounted the least. Here's an example of the mid year refresh on the NX done this year: https://www.carscoops.com/2017/04/20...-game-of-spot/
Thank you. This was helpful. The exterior was not dramatic but changes in tech and info system may be worth the wait. The thing is I am between RX450h and 450hL and the L is not out yet so I may be waiting anyways. If 2019 is out by September, the 450hL would have been out for less than 5 months.
Old 03-14-18, 08:27 AM
TA00
Driver School Candidate

I think its worth the wait on tech alone

Quick Reply: 2019 changes?