RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Bluetooth Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-18, 04:47 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bluetooth Problems?

Weird problem. iPhone 6s running 11.2.5. '17 RX450H with Navi. Randomly, after starting the car, my phone isn't connected. Can't reconnect unless I reboot the phone. After
phone reconnects from reboot, no contacts/call history/favorites.

Only way I get them back is to delete the phone and re-pair. Then I have to manually select and recreate favorites again from the contacts. This has happened twice so far in the past month.

No rhyme or reason. Did that once before the last IOS upgrade as well.

Anyone else heard of/experienced this problem?

-aki
Old 02-14-18, 09:49 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Angry Weird Bluetooth Issues - Contacts Lost!

What tha.....

At least three times now (iPhone 6s with latest IOS), when I start my '17 450h, the phone won't connect. Manually reconnecting from the nav screen will allow it
to connect but then ALL THE CONTACTS, CALL HISTORY AND FAVORITES ARE GONE. POOF.

I have to delete the phone profile and re-pair it. Then after the contacts have uploaded, I have to re-select my favorites again (I thought it would just pick up what I have
marked as favorites on my iPhone but apparently not).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? No rhyme or reason why it does this. It did this before the last IOS upgrade as well.

Like what the hell?

-aki
Old 02-14-18, 10:10 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Have you thought about backing-up your iPhone, doing a wipe and then a fresh iOS install with a restore? Yes, it can be a pain, but it might help in solving your issue. Are you running more than one mobile phone and is of a different OS?
Old 02-14-18, 10:16 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Originally Posted by SoCalRX
Have you thought about backing-up your iPhone, doing a wipe and then a fresh iOS install with a restore? Yes, it can be a pain, but it might help in solving your issue. Are you running more than one mobile phone and is of a different OS?
It's on my "last thing to do list". I was hoping someone else has observed this. If not, I'll probably do a wipe and restore over the weekend and start fresh and hope that clears
things up. Also, my wife hasn't paired her phone yet to my car but it's also a 6S with the same IOS version anyway.

Gawd I hate iPhones. I only got one so we could Facetime with our daughter. Next phone will be a Pixel 2 (or 3 if that comes out by then). Never had bluetooth problems
with Android phones.

-aki
Old 02-14-18, 10:40 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

We have Android and Apple, both professionally and private and they both have their druthers. It's too bad Lexus simply does not offer both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay which would resolve all of this tomfoolery.

For the phone contacts to be accessible the phone with the contacts must be on and connected via bluetooth. The Lexus Enform App Suite is the same way.
Old 02-14-18, 10:52 AM
AkiD
Rookie

We have Android and Apple, both professionally and private and they both have their druthers. It's too bad Lexus simply does not offer both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay which would resolve all of this tomfoolery.

For the phone contacts to be accessible the phone with the contacts must be on and connected via bluetooth. The Lexus Enform App Suite is the same way.
I have an Android (S7 Edge) for work and the iPhone for personal. In my previous car (06 RX400h), the Android was rock solid. Never a problem connecting or staying connected.

The iPhone had all kinds of bluetooth problems. An no amount of wiping and restoring would fix it. It seems that every time Apple comes out with a new version, the bluetooth connection completely gets hosed up.

I agree. Not sure why Lexus doesn't have Android Auto and Apple Carplay. In this day and age (and the price of Lexus automobiles), it should be a standard feature.
Old 02-14-18, 11:19 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

When we were taking delivery of our RX the salesperson said that Android phones sync and connect quicker and better than Apple phones (and we did both at that time), but he didn’t know why, but when he walked people through delivery process Android always did better. My wife's iPhone 8 has no issues.
Old 02-14-18, 12:15 PM
AkiD
Rookie

When we were taking delivery of our RX the salesperson said that Android phones sync and connect quicker and better than Apple phones (and we did both at that time), but he didn’t know why, but when he walked people through delivery process Android always did better. My wife's iPhone 8 has no issues.
I'd have to agree. Everything about using an Android on my RX400h was significantly faster. Including pairing at startup and phone calls. The iPhone seems to lag with everything.
Old 02-16-18, 02:03 PM
Hubs
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a personal Android galaxy S7 and an iphone 6S for work. The S7 randomly disconnects and reconnects with my Honda and Lexus. Fortunately I don't have to restart the car or phone...it usually works itself out. The iphone has been flawless.
Old 10-04-18, 05:23 AM
RitaGD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 RXL Bluetooth

HI
My car is about a month old. My bluetooth started acting up. I wasnt able to see music playing from my iPhone X or change songs. So I decided to reset my Bluetooth connection. Now, my phone cannot find my car. I dont think it is a phone problem bc I can find other bluetooth device in the area (husband's car, portable speaker etc) but not my car. I believe there is something wrong with the bluetooth on the car. I have tried to default to factory settings, restart my phone etc but nothing is working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old 10-04-18, 06:49 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,351 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by RitaGD
HI
My car is about a month old. My bluetooth started acting up. I wasnt able to see music playing from my iPhone X or change songs. So I decided to reset my Bluetooth connection. Now, my phone cannot find my car. I dont think it is a phone problem bc I can find other bluetooth device in the area (husband's car, portable speaker etc) but not my car. I believe there is something wrong with the bluetooth on the car. I have tried to default to factory settings, restart my phone etc but nothing is working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Try another phone and if you still can't connect, it's like time to head back to the dealer.