RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Replacing wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-19, 06:47 PM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusWest
Javapro, what sizes/model did you purchase from PIAA? I am trying to find one that fits my 2018 RX. Thanks
26" and 21" just like the OEM ones:
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
LexusWest (02-26-19)
Old 02-26-19, 06:01 AM
LexusWest
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks- I figured they would be the same size but just checking. Any issues using the adapters provided?
Old 02-27-19, 04:03 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks- I figured they would be the same size but just checking. Any issues using the adapters provided?
look at the amazon reviews,
Old 02-27-19, 05:17 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
look at the amazon reviews,
Based on the Amazon reviews that are all over the place (clearly have fitment issues) & my own frustration with the PIAA website, I would NOT recommend these blades. I really despise ordering unknow items online. Such a pain if they don’t work out. I see that Rain-X sells some silicone wiper blades. They are upwards of $30 each, but can be found in many auto parts stores.
Old 06-01-19, 08:16 PM
raysmd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is there a Toyota equivalent of the wiper blade refills?

my Lexus dealer seems to be overcharging by quite a bit for the refills
Old 06-02-19, 06:39 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 466 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd

Of course they overcharge, it's what they do. That's why there are auto parts stores.
Old 06-02-19, 12:04 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd

There are no refills as they are beam blades and you have to buy the whole blade, but there are other manufacturers, in wipers you get what you pay for so don't go cheap if you want them to do a good job.
The following users liked this post:
ravenuer (06-02-19)
Old 06-03-19, 06:29 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope, no issues. Been using them on my 2016 and 2018 RXs.
Old 06-03-19, 08:09 AM
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the best place to buy if you want Lexus wipers? Do any of them have a club discount. With wipers it is sometime cheaper to go to your local dealer because of the cost of shipping. I don't need any right now but it is better to have them on hand than not.
Old 06-03-19, 08:38 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Oem wiper inserts vs new rainx wipers?

Has anybody changed the wipers to rainx or any aftermarket brand and noticed improvement? As I complained about in my previous thread, the speed of the wipers on the RX is just too slow for heavy storms. Has anyone changed the wipers and noticed better performance then just changing the stock inserts? I wish there was a way to make the wipers faster. We don’t always have heavy rain but this is the only car I’ve ever had where the wipers were not fast enough on the MAX speed, and it’s not just a flaw in my car because the brand new 2019 loaner I drove had the same speed wipers.
Old 06-03-19, 11:09 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

I bought the Lexus rubber blade refill only online. They are a cinch to replace and cost me $29.04 for the set of 3 and $4 shipping and they work like a dream. The local Toyota dealer offered to match mine up with the Highlander blades but I did not have my car with me at the time and he couldn't figure out the equivalent Toyota P/N. The ebay seller is a Lexus dealer!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-F...53.m2749.l2649
The following 2 users liked this post by gregjhonda:
17450 (06-04-19), Cocal (06-03-19)
Old 06-03-19, 12:10 PM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Has anybody changed the wipers to rainx or any aftermarket brand and noticed improvement? As I complained about in my previous thread, the speed of the wipers on the RX is just too slow for heavy storms. Has anyone changed the wipers and noticed better performance then just changing the stock inserts? I wish there was a way to make the wipers faster. We don’t always have heavy rain but this is the only car I’ve ever had where the wipers were not fast enough on the MAX speed, and it’s not just a flaw in my car because the brand new 2019 loaner I drove had the same speed wipers.
We have some dusers of rainstorms here in southern Ontario and I have never found the wipers not to be up to snuff.
Perhaps there is something wrong with your settings! Go to the dealer, they can check it in 5 minutes.
Old 06-03-19, 12:13 PM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
I bought the Lexus rubber blade refill only online. They are a cinch to replace and cost me $29.04 for the set of 3 and $4 shipping and they work like a dream. The local Toyota dealer offered to match mine up with the Highlander blades but I did not have my car with me at the time and he couldn't figure out the equivalent Toyota P/N. The ebay seller is a Lexus dealer!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-OEM-F...53.m2749.l2649
That's real bargoon! Never had to change mine yet, but on my MB they used to be $70+Tax (2) & I would expect Lexus to be in the same ball Park.
Old 06-03-19, 12:29 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocal
We have some dusers of rainstorms here in southern Ontario and I have never found the wipers not to be up to snuff.
Perhaps there is something wrong with your settings! Go to the dealer, they can check it in 5 minutes.
Im pretty sure it’s not the settings as I’ve tried everything, pushing the whole lever all the way down is clearly the max setting unless I’m missing something. I think we should post comparison videos. In general the wipers are fine but in a super storm like the one we recently had last week it’s not fast enough and looking at other cars driving next to me on the highway you can see the RX wipers are slower
Old 06-03-19, 12:41 PM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Im pretty sure it’s not the settings as I’ve tried everything, pushing the whole lever all the way down is clearly the max setting unless I’m missing something. I think we should post comparison videos. In general the wipers are fine but in a super storm like the one we recently had last week it’s not fast enough and looking at other cars driving next to me on the highway you can see the RX wipers are slower
I believe that you have the stalk all the way down, but with these newfangled electronics by computer there may be an adjustment that is not quite right.
As I said Mine if fine and so are others, there is only you and another poster with this problem, my guess is that there is something awry in the electronics dept.

Quick Reply: Replacing wiper blades?