RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Panoramic camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-17, 02:02 PM
Luap
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Panoramic camera

Is it possible to turn on the panoramic camera at any time , like when pulling into a parking space ?
Or , is it just for reverse ?
Old 11-24-17, 02:04 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

with it on press the auto button. it turns on whenever the speed is lower than 6 or 7 mph
Old 11-24-17, 03:21 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
with it on press the auto button. it turns on whenever the speed is lower than 6 or 7 mph
ahh, so like traffic lights it would turn on too.?? Hmm
squeezing in the garage or parking, it might be easier to push the button, vs coming on all the time?
still waiting on mine, being built next week, deliverybefore Christmas I hope. So any tips would be great, thanks.
Old 11-24-17, 03:40 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

There's a physical button on the console to the left of the steering wheel that will toggle the pano view cameras on or off. Should be next to the button for the steering wheel heater I think. It will only work below a certain speed though. You won't need to have the Auto-mode turned on all the time (can get a bit annoying actually in stop and go traffic - or if you're trying to look at something on the display as you come to a stop)
Old 11-24-17, 04:04 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

I don't find it annoying at all. HOw many times are you looking at your screen all the time? IF you think you're always looking then maybe keep it off auto.

For me I like how it pops on when I need to park or turn right and not hit the curb. You can't focus on that and be pressing buttons at the same time.

I would turn it on AUTO if I were you and if you are stopped and need to find out which song is playing or something, press the physical pano view button once or twice and it will go to the last screen you used.
Old 11-24-17, 05:17 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 92 Posts

I don't find it annoying at all. HOw many times are you looking at your screen all the time? IF you think you're always looking then maybe keep it off auto.

For me I like how it pops on when I need to park or turn right and not hit the curb. You can't focus on that and be pressing buttons at the same time.

I would turn it on AUTO if I were you and if you are stopped and need to find out which song is playing or something, press the physical pano view button once or twice and it will go to the last screen you used.
The only negative I've found with having it on auto is that if you are entering an address via voice command for the nav, every time you come to a stop, the pano comes on and cuts off the nav, resulting in having to start over from the beginning.
The following users liked this post:
16rx350 (11-24-17)
Old 11-24-17, 07:31 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I liked mine in auto, but did find it a bit annoying that it would cut off other stuff when you came to a stop.
Old 11-24-17, 08:49 PM
Luap
Pit Crew

Does the panoramic camera always come with the heads up display ?
Old 11-24-17, 10:43 PM
kolokmee
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Oh, I had it on auto for a while when I first got the car. Was fun until I took a trip out of town and was depending on the Navi to keep my bearings; and to make sure I was on the correct lane for the next turn. After having to press the switch to force back to the map screen a few times, I turned off Auto for the rest of the trip. This, and if you are stuck in stop and go traffic; where the screen keeps flipping back and forth, was what I meant by it can get annoying and a tad distracting.

In the end, it's your choice. I found that I've needed to hit the Pano view button far less when I *didn't* have it on Auto, so I have left it off. In any case, the pano view comes on automatically when you are backing up, or if you get close enough to something to trigger the Park assist anyway.
Old 11-25-17, 05:10 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Luap
Does the panoramic camera always come with the heads up display ?
those are 2 separate systems, guessing they operate independently of each other. (hud and pano in my car, still waiting for delivery)

kolokmee thanks, makes sense
Old 11-25-17, 06:12 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Sales person told me if a RX has pano view , then it will also have HUD , just checking is info

Thx
Old 11-25-17, 06:29 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Sales person told me if a RX has pano view , then it will also have HUD , just checking is info

Thx
not true, they are separate options, but the dealer and their district guy may order them that way.

Color Heads-up Display $600.00
Panoramic View Monitor $800.00
from my build sheet, window sticker looking thing.

for example a 450 with HUD is nowhere to be found around here, but many of them have the pano camera. just the way the regional guy orders them. hope that makes sense.

Last edited by JSracer; 11-25-17 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-25-17, 10:49 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Well , then , guess it will take awhile to find a white with HUD and pano view monitor
May just try another brand for a couple of years while more Rxs hit the market , maybe a Lincoln , much less cabin noise than the Rx , according to reviews

Originally Posted by JSracer
not true, they are separate options, but the dealer and their district guy may order them that way.

Color Heads-up Display $600.00
Panoramic View Monitor $800.00
from my build sheet, window sticker looking thing.

for example a 450 with HUD is nowhere to be found around here, but many of them have the pano camera. just the way the regional guy orders them. hope that makes sense.
Old 11-25-17, 11:29 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 92 Posts

Well , then , guess it will take awhile to find a white with HUD and pano view monitor
May just try another brand for a couple of years while more Rxs hit the market , maybe a Lincoln , much less cabin noise than the Rx , according to reviews
where are you located? Our local dealer has three white f-sport 450h with pano and hud.
Old 11-25-17, 11:59 AM
Luap
Pit Crew

Sedona Ariz

Quick Reply: Panoramic camera