RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

ClubLexus just tested the new RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 04:58 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Default ClubLexus just tested the new RX

Our writer loved it. Check out his full review on the HP!
Old 05-23-17, 08:05 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Funny how each person views a vehicle. He describes the " RX felt surprisingly nimble and agile" and that's on a non F sport. That is not how I would describe it. This is one of the things I find very disappointing and that's having an F sport...Maybe the regular ones handle better than an F sport. The body roll is excessive, the steering is vague and provides almost zero feedback. I could not agree that the ride is harsh on an F sport due to stiffer suspension and 20" tires. I didn't know that the regular RX had "meaty" tires and the sport "thin" tires. I thought they both had 235mm xx xx

The lack of padding in an F sport seat is to hold you in because between the body roll and flat seats you slide from side to side.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my RX and would recommend it as a vehicle to consider. It does many things very well and is reliable. It is "not a sports car wannabe" in any form, nor does it pretend to be. After 4 different RX's, I do find that the 4th gen one is the best yet.
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (05-23-17)
Old 05-23-17, 12:17 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Funny how each person views a vehicle. He describes the " RX felt surprisingly nimble and agile" and that's on a non F sport. That is not how I would describe it. This is one of the things I find very disappointing and that's having an F sport...Maybe the regular ones handle better than an F sport. The body roll is excessive, the steering is vague and provides almost zero feedback. I could not agree that the ride is harsh on an F sport due to stiffer suspension and 20" tires. I didn't know that the regular RX had "meaty" tires and the sport "thin" tires. I thought they both had 235mm xx xx

The lack of padding in an F sport seat is to hold you in because between the body roll and flat seats you slide from side to side.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my RX and would recommend it as a vehicle to consider. It does many things very well and is reliable. It is "not a sports car wannabe" in any form, nor does it pretend to be. After 4 different RX's, I do find that the 4th gen one is the best yet.
Everyone has different preferences on ride comfort. Sounds like the writer would rather have a plush, soft ride and is unlikely to whip the car around corners fast enough to slide on the seat. And perhaps the writer came from a much softer ride and is used to non-sports cars.
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (05-23-17)
Old 05-23-17, 01:49 PM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I think if the writer had tested one of the many that have vibration, drone and hesitation issues the review would be very different.
It irritates me to no end when this car gets a positive review, COME TEST DRIVE MINE....
Old 05-23-17, 05:52 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord

I liked it when I drove it after the launch, and I thought they nailed the styling. I can't imagine the regular versions handle better than the F Sport though, and agree that not every vehicle has to be a sports car.
Old 05-25-17, 09:28 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
I liked it when I drove it after the launch, and I thought they nailed the styling. I can't imagine the regular versions handle better than the F Sport though, and agree that not every vehicle has to be a sports car.
The "Regular" is a 450h. By default it is equipped like a 350 luxury package. So we cannot compare to the 350 premium package...
Old 05-25-17, 02:21 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeVee
The "Regular" is a 450h. By default it is equipped like a 350 luxury package. So we cannot compare to the 350 premium package...
Looks like he tested the base model. No roof rails, no wooden steering wheel, no power back seats,base wheels and other missing goodies.