RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Noise from rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 02:00 PM
clickart
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Noise from rear wheels

I have a 2016 RX 350 and I just noticed that there is a low noise coming from the rear driver wheel when going up and down the driveway curb ramp. Not sure why but the noise only happening at low speed. Anybody has the same issue?
Old 03-05-17, 02:16 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

What kind of noise? Thump? Squeak? Click? Creak?
Old 03-05-17, 02:24 PM
clickart
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dchar
What kind of noise? Thump? Squeak? Click? Creak?
More like a click click
Old 03-05-17, 03:10 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Yes I get some clicking kind of noise also. When I pull out of the garage in reverse, there are some funny clicks. I just figured it has something to do with the auto park brake.
Old 03-06-17, 01:41 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

I hear an occasional click if the window is down.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 03-15-17 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-10-17, 01:11 PM
clickart
Pit Crew

Got the car back today and they fixed it by adjusting the cross beam in the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
FastFord (03-13-17)
Old 03-13-17, 07:24 AM
FastFord
Racer

Funny they fixed the cross beam in the trunk, I had that to, and it was fixed. Mine was much worse than a click so it didn't dawn on me that's the kind of noise you were talking about. My cross beam was missing/needed tightening 3 of the four bolts. She wasn't clicking but thumping.
Old 03-13-17, 10:10 AM
Gribble
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can anyone tell me where and how to access the cross beam? I have a metallic clicking noise as well and wanted to try and fix it myself.
Old 03-13-17, 10:40 AM
FastFord
Racer

Sorry I can't help you. I took out the entire rear compartment and felt around underneath the back bumper area. I have no idea what they did or how they accessed it. Sorry
The following users liked this post:
Gribble (03-13-17)
Old 07-20-17, 08:26 PM
Alay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clickart
Got the car back today and they fixed it by adjusting the cross beam in the trunk.
Any chance they showed you where this cross beam is?

I am experiencing the same issue.. it sounds like two pieces of metal rubbing. I took it to the dealership today and they had no clue what was causing the issue.
Old 07-21-17, 08:25 AM
FastFord
Racer

It's possible they have to remove the back bumper. Mine was fixed as well but I don't know how they got to it.

Alay I sent (2 pm's) you my work order but my service advisor coded the order as something else, so not sure if it's going to be any help. Also check the rear spoiler, mine creaks. There is a post here somewhere how to fix it...or go to the dealer. Just push the spoiler and it might creak.
Old 07-21-17, 09:50 AM
Alay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastFord
It's possible they have to remove the back bumper. Mine was fixed as well but I don't know how they got to it.

Alay I sent (2 pm's) you my work order but my service advisor coded the order as something else, so not sure if it's going to be any help. Also check the rear spoiler, mine creaks. There is a post here somewhere how to fix it...or go to the dealer. Just push the spoiler and it might creak.
Thanks again FastFord for the PMs.

I will have a chance this evening to ride in the back to see if I can isolate the clicks but you might be correct regarding the rear spoiler. I'll report back in case anyone else is having the same issue as my dealer can't (maybe isn't looking too hard) to find the noise.
Old 07-21-17, 12:10 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

I have mine for the past 16 months and it just started last week...

I will tell the dealer at my appointment next week for my sun roof vibration as well.
Old 07-25-17, 06:36 PM
Alay
Driver School Candidate

Quick update:

I removed the two screws at the top of the rear tail gate spoiler on the inside and it did make some clicking noises when touched. I jammed in some non slip rubber that I cut into thin slips and inserted into the areas where I thought were making the noise..fastened everything up and.. the clicks are still there.

The quest continues.
Old 07-26-17, 11:14 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts
Exclamation Similar Experience

It seems that I've been having a similar issue (on my 2017 RX 350) - but not sure if it's the same as yours.

In my case, it seems that the noise occurs when going at low speeds (5 MPH - 10 MPH) and sounds louder when I turn right. It seems like a "bubbling" noise coming from outside the vehicle - maybe even a slight "clicking" noise. It also appears that the sound is coming from below the vehicle, but no one from the dealer so far (including myself when I was trying to self diagnose the issue) is able to isolate where the noise is coming from.

The vehicle is still at the dealer being investigated (5 days so far). They told me that they called an engineer from Lexus to help them out with diagnosis. They even told me that it seems like it hasn't been reported anywhere in the US yet, so it could be that they could come out with a TSB (service bulletin) from this investigation.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Quick Reply: Noise from rear wheels