Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket remote start options

Old 03-10-19, 02:34 PM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sjj View Post
Good to hear you didn't have an issue and agree I'll need to call them to be sure. Here's the link to their site where I saw it https://shop.mypushcart.com/plug-n-p...7-lexus-rx350/

I's mentioned under Special Notes. Here's the exact text, "SPECIAL NOTES: Our remote start kits are ONLY compatible with automatic transmission vehicles. To prevent theft, the remote starter will shut down the vehicle when a door is opened. Not compatible on American models with Enform system."
definitely give them a call . Also ask for a discount . They have me a 15% discount for my wife's 300h
Old 03-19-19, 06:39 PM
b1gpapa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory remote start?

Does Lexus offer a factory remote start rather than the enform? I don't want to sub for a service when I can just use the remote start on my key fob. When I asked a dealer about it they said they only offer enform and I can get a remote start from another company but they don't recommend it.
Old 03-19-19, 08:01 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Better off getting an aftermarket remote start like iDatalink system. 100X better than anything Lexus offers on that stupid Enform system which you not only pay for monthly sub but works half the time. Get a http://www.idatalink.com/ which enables you to use the OEM key fob to start the car but also depending on what model you get can also do a 2 way communications system and/or keyfob with LCD screen too.
Old 03-20-19, 12:58 PM
Cocal
Lead Lap

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by b1gpapa View Post
Does Lexus offer a factory remote start rather than the enform? I don't want to sub for a service when I can just use the remote start on my key fob. When I asked a dealer about it they said they only offer enform and I can get a remote start from another company but they don't recommend it.
Yes Lexus offer their own Remote Starter, that would be my 1st choice especially if your car is still under warranty, it would be still my 1st choice even out of warranty.
Aftermarket ones are a crap shoot and so much depends on the installation, not only for how the unit will work, but also for how it may affect other mechanical/electronic parts as well.
Old 03-20-19, 01:30 PM
eddie420
Lexus Test Driver

Received 204 Likes on 167 Posts

I love Enform remote. Gives you information about your car, alerts you via app and email if you left a window or door open, etc, and other data like the odometer, fuel level, etc. Plus I can remotely start the car, lock/unlock doors, etc. Viper and CompuStar can't hold a light to Enform remote. The service is totally worth it for me at $13/month ($160/yr).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket remote start options

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: