RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket remote start options

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-19, 02:34 PM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sjj
Good to hear you didn't have an issue and agree I'll need to call them to be sure. Here's the link to their site where I saw it https://shop.mypushcart.com/plug-n-p...7-lexus-rx350/

I's mentioned under Special Notes. Here's the exact text, "SPECIAL NOTES: Our remote start kits are ONLY compatible with automatic transmission vehicles. To prevent theft, the remote starter will shut down the vehicle when a door is opened. Not compatible on American models with Enform system."
definitely give them a call . Also ask for a discount . They have me a 15% discount for my wife's 300h
Old 03-19-19, 06:39 PM
b1gpapa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory remote start?

Does Lexus offer a factory remote start rather than the enform? I don't want to sub for a service when I can just use the remote start on my key fob. When I asked a dealer about it they said they only offer enform and I can get a remote start from another company but they don't recommend it.
Old 03-19-19, 08:01 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Better off getting an aftermarket remote start like iDatalink system. 100X better than anything Lexus offers on that stupid Enform system which you not only pay for monthly sub but works half the time. Get a http://www.idatalink.com/ which enables you to use the OEM key fob to start the car but also depending on what model you get can also do a 2 way communications system and/or keyfob with LCD screen too.
Old 03-20-19, 12:58 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by b1gpapa
Does Lexus offer a factory remote start rather than the enform? I don't want to sub for a service when I can just use the remote start on my key fob. When I asked a dealer about it they said they only offer enform and I can get a remote start from another company but they don't recommend it.
Yes Lexus offer their own Remote Starter, that would be my 1st choice especially if your car is still under warranty, it would be still my 1st choice even out of warranty.
Aftermarket ones are a crap shoot and so much depends on the installation, not only for how the unit will work, but also for how it may affect other mechanical/electronic parts as well.
Old 03-20-19, 01:30 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

I love Enform remote. Gives you information about your car, alerts you via app and email if you left a window or door open, etc, and other data like the odometer, fuel level, etc. Plus I can remotely start the car, lock/unlock doors, etc. Viper and CompuStar can't hold a light to Enform remote. The service is totally worth it for me at $13/month ($160/yr).
Old 07-10-19, 10:11 AM
myRX450h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start and Car Seat

I want a remote start to cool down the car before putting my daughter in the car seat. Am I able to open the rear door and have the remote start stay on or will it stay off once i open the rear door?

I'm particularly interested in the Viper DS4+ and Compustar DC3/4900S. Any recommendations on which is better? The bestbuy tech said the DS4+ is compatible with my 450H but bestbuy.com says it isn't.
Old 07-10-19, 11:34 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Compustar makes a system for Lexus. Viper (which owns Clifford and several other brands) appears to as it allow you to configure a RX450h. However, if it requires cutting or splicing into your harness I don't know that I would would do it; if there is a harness that allows them to connect without cutting or splicing, I might consider it. Currently, I use Lexus Enform subscription service to remotely start our RX450h. Since the RX450h has more electronics to deal with owed to the hybrid system, I personally would not chance voiding the warranty by adding an aftermarket system. Lexus Canada has the factory remote fob system available that is not available in the US.
Old 09-13-19, 11:35 AM
chanhmn110
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sjj
Good to hear you didn't have an issue and agree I'll need to call them to be sure. Here's the link to their site where I saw it https://shop.mypushcart.com/plug-n-p...7-lexus-rx350/

I's mentioned under Special Notes. Here's the exact text, "SPECIAL NOTES: Our remote start kits are ONLY compatible with automatic transmission vehicles. To prevent theft, the remote starter will shut down the vehicle when a door is opened. Not compatible on American models with Enform system."
SO did you call them to find out ?? Im also want to cancel my sub with enform and install that remote start too. I will be great if it does works on our car with enform system
Old 11-16-19, 08:34 PM
depot90
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote start with just the remote

Folks,
Just FYI to those concern. Honestly it could work with the original remote key fob but its not worth the hustle. However what I did I invested on an after market security system with remote start package included and I’ve been using it for about two years now with the remote start. Works like a charm even from about 300 yards. I bought a Viper security system. Only drawbacks are you have to carry an additional remote and once you open a door it shuts down for security. Last I know the Lexus Enform Remote you have to pay an annual subscription charge. Mine works good without the waste of an annual subscription.
Old 11-16-19, 10:18 PM
shq
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got idatalink 2 way on ours, with harness that doesn't require any cutting, and also enables oem keyfob to start the vehicle (press door lock button 3 times and it starts the vehicle). Got it installed at visions. Not sure about other brand.12v solution kind of looks easy to install yourself from what i can see by looking at their video.
Old 11-16-19, 10:25 PM
shq
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by myRX450h
I want a remote start to cool down the car before putting my daughter in the car seat. Am I able to open the rear door and have the remote start stay on or will it stay off once i open the rear door?

I'm particularly interested in the Viper DS4+ and Compustar DC3/4900S. Any recommendations on which is better? The bestbuy tech said the DS4+ is compatible with my 450H but bestbuy.com says it isn't.
Soon as you open door/trunk, it will shut off the engine.
Old 11-17-19, 08:18 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by myRX450h
I want a remote start to cool down the car before putting my daughter in the car seat. Am I able to open the rear door and have the remote start stay on or will it stay off once i open the rear door? I'm particularly interested in the Viper DS4+ and Compustar DC3/4900S. Any recommendations on which is better? The bestbuy tech said the DS4+ is compatible with my 450H but bestbuy.com says it isn't.
I know it's not the same, but why not open all windows & sunroof with your FOB before you go in? That way all the hot air will be out and the A/C will coo the inside much faster.
Old 11-17-19, 10:36 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocal
I know it's not the same, but why not open all windows & sunroof with your FOB before you go in? That way all the hot air will be out and the A/C will coo the inside much faster.
Does that require a particular option to do that? Nothing on my fob indicates that. (2017 350)
Old 11-17-19, 11:14 AM
Cocal
Racer

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Does that require a particular option to do that? Nothing on my fob indicates that. (2017 350)
All you have to do is hold down the unlock button for a few seconds, if it doesn't do it go to the dealer and have program it for it, they should do it at no charge.
The following users liked this post:
ravenuer (11-17-19)
Old 11-17-19, 11:37 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocal
All you have to do is hold down the unlock button for a few seconds, if it doesn't do it go to the dealer and have program it for it, they should do it at no charge.
Actually, you have to press the lock button two separate times and then right after that sequence hold the lock button down for at least three seconds.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket remote start options