RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Thigh extender

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-16, 09:58 AM
chiefguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thigh extender

Hi
Just curious how everyone likes the thigh extender on the RX? I had this feature in my GS and it worked and felt so much better. Even the semi aniline leather in the GS seemed better, more padded and more comfortable. What has everyone found?
Old 08-23-16, 12:18 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I like this feature as my legs are used to the extra thigh support it offers. My last RX, which was a 2013 RXh, also had the Luxury Package which is the only way you can get this feature. I might add that the 4-way lumbar support now offered on the 2016 is also part of this Luxury Package. In my opinion it is far superior to the 2-way lumbar on the non-Luxury Package.
Old 08-23-16, 12:54 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The 4 way is awesome. I miss it from my Audi which i had alot earlier. The thigh extended i adjusted and didn't do it again. I feel like you have to be extra tall or short to actually value from it. And its one of those set and forget.

Leather wise isn't the GS considered a Luxury car it think it completes against E class and 5 Series while the RX an Upscale Car also is cheaper based on what you get compared the GS. RX competes against X3 and GLC so my thought is their in different leagues
Old 08-23-16, 01:00 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
The 4 way is awesome. I miss it from my Audi which i had alot earlier. The thigh extended i adjusted and didn't do it again. I feel like you have to be extra tall or short to actually value from it. And its one of those set and forget.

Leather wise isn't the GS considered a Luxury car it think it completes against E class and 5 Series while the RX an Upscale Car also is cheaper based on what you get compared the GS. RX competes against X3 and GLC so my thought is their in different leagues
The RX competes against a GLE or X5, both in size and cost. Having driven both the competitors I can say that the leather quality is not better than the RX until you get to the nappa leather options. The dakota leather was terrible.
Old 08-23-16, 01:05 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Very true, but a comparable ML costs alot more than the RX and X5 alot alot more haha. I cross shopped them and had a ML back in 99ish. though when i was looking my local merc dealer offered 10k$ off the GLE right on the site putting in RX territory when similarly equipped.

But regardless I agree leather in the RX is pretty good considering base Mercs are MB-Tex and standard leather on ML wasn't that great. The Designo leather feels so nice but if I remember it was a $4k. I have to agree Dakata leather feel synthetic it so hard and rubbery.

though compared to my 2010 RX with premium not luxury package as my 16 ... sometimes I like the older leather, but i never compared them side by side. Mainly the leather on steering I think felt better or maybe thats because that leather was wore in.
Old 08-23-16, 02:24 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
Very true, but a comparable ML costs alot more than the RX and X5 alot alot more haha. I cross shopped them and had a ML back in 99ish. though when i was looking my local merc dealer offered 10k$ off the GLE right on the site putting in RX territory when similarly equipped.

But regardless I agree leather in the RX is pretty good considering base Mercs are MB-Tex and standard leather on ML wasn't that great. The Designo leather feels so nice but if I remember it was a $4k. I have to agree Dakata leather feel synthetic it so hard and rubbery.

though compared to my 2010 RX with premium not luxury package as my 16 ... sometimes I like the older leather, but i never compared them side by side. Mainly the leather on steering I think felt better or maybe thats because that leather was wore in.
You should try to cross shop the current models. When trying to get similar feature parity they were all within a $5k range of each other. I was cross shopping the GLE400 and a well-loaded X5 before getting my RX450h.

Sadly high quality leather is slowly disappearing...I guess there must be higher margin elsewhere on leather. At least Lexus did a decent job with NuLuxe as opposed to MBTex and even Dakota which I consider a joke. A car at that price should not be allowed to have paper thin plastic pleather/leather. Good thing we don't have to deal with that. Anyway off topic...
Old 08-23-16, 05:13 PM
curf
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefguy
Hi
Just curious how everyone likes the thigh extender on the RX? I had this feature in my GS and it worked and felt so much better. Even the semi aniline leather in the GS seemed better, more padded and more comfortable. What has everyone found?
I like mine... glad I have this feature.