RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

questions for 3 Gen. RX owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-11, 04:22 PM
nioks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions for 3 Gen. RX owners

Hi to all
I started to search new car for my wife. She currently drive mini van. so my first pick was Highlander limited....but I started to like 3gen. RX model more...yes more pricy..

I have questions to RX owners.
I only know that we need Nav..
What option(s) did you miss? or what option do you recommend to get?
Old 01-15-11, 05:06 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I went all out on our RX since I traded in my old RX and therefore the price became more reasonable.

Its best that you go to the lexus website and take a look at the available options. Chances are, you will not see a lot of luxury packages on the lot, but premium packages. To be honest, the side view monitor is useless, but I do appreciate the upgraded leather in the luxury package.

the head up display is pretty cool.
Old 01-15-11, 05:20 PM
ejvette
Driver

The luxury package and nav will give most people everything they would want there are a few more bells and whistles the only extra thing I wish I had and the dealer is actualy able to add it is the front and rear parking sensors.
Old 01-15-11, 06:02 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have Chrome wheels you will love the side view camera like I do, especially since I always hug the curb. This keeps you from scraping the rims.

I find the parking sensors a waste and have never used them, they go off when you pull into the garage unless you toggle them on and off which is a pain. Where I live the RX is now offered with or without the sensors regardless of the package. Although you can not find a Luxury package around here anymore, I do like having it.

Heads up display is nice.
Old 01-15-11, 07:01 PM
Dong99
Driver School Candidate

We went with a RX without NAV, the main reasons are : 1) you can't put new destination in when RX is moving (even by a passenger); 2) you will lose a couple buttons on dash and this makes you dig in menu on nav screen to control simple things like A/C; 3) Lexus wants more than $200 for map update - you can buy a nice standalone GPS unit for that money with all the bells and whistles that will show up in the new gadget a few years from now.
Old 01-15-11, 07:27 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

With the Lexus enform with Destination Assistance, you no longer need to try putting in things as you go just call them and have them download it to your car for you. It is so cool or do it at home and down load it to your car. As far as map upgrades had a 05, 330 never did that nor did I have to. However, the bottom line here it is all about money. I got every option that I could put in that I would need or use. Will the price jump up YES and fast so go online and look to see what you need to make your RX the best for you.
Old 01-15-11, 07:28 PM
nioks
Rookie

Thank you every one.
what luxury packages include?
Just went Lexus web site but show only package A - B - C ???
endedup 48K on package C.. wow
I dont go to dealer yet..I may need to go check....
Old 01-15-11, 07:57 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

That is just what your local dealers get. You can get almost anything you like if you have some time to order one. My 450h was 78 days from order to get here but you get what you want and not what the dealers have in stock.
Old 01-15-11, 09:26 PM
nioks
Rookie

Originally Posted by billy44bo
That is just what your local dealers get. You can get almost anything you like if you have some time to order one. My 450h was 78 days from order to get here but you get what you want and not what the dealers have in stock.
Oh, but additional cost to do special order and no or much less discount?
Old 01-15-11, 10:04 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I kind of lucked out by getting the only RX on the dealer's lot that had the premium and comfort package with no navigation. This may be the only car in the country that has this specific package, as you're supposed to get the navigation if you want the comfort package. But it was just right for me, because the comfort package added the rain-sensing wipers(which I had already had on my '07 RX that had just the premium package), the 12-speaker sound system, and those oh-so-cool bi-xenon Adaptive forward headlights with automatic high-beams. I also saved over $2,000 by not getting the navigation.

Before going back to xenons in my vehicle, I thought the '07 RX regular headlights illuminated the road very well. But now that I'm back in xenons in the 2010, boy, what a difference! Lovin' it!!
Old 01-15-11, 10:16 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the comfort package is really a must.

to the OP, dont look at the configuration, go directly to the options/packages page.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/features/pricing.html
Old 01-16-11, 08:13 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
With the Lexus enform with Destination Assistance, you no longer need to try putting in things as you go just call them and have them download it to your car for you. It is so cool or do it at home and down load it to your car. As far as map upgrades had a 05, 330 never did that nor did I have to. However, the bottom line here it is all about money. I got every option that I could put in that I would need or use. Will the price jump up YES and fast so go online and look to see what you need to make your RX the best for you.
+1 on the Destination Assistance. The RX is my wife's car and let's just say she is 'directionally challenged', so she'll get herself lost getting to a new destination and then she'll just get the Lexus people on the line and have them download the address right to the Nav unit. She would not be without that feature, so the factory Nav is a good option. Maybe a bit pricey but it is well integrated into the vehicle.

I also like searching and downloading future destinations right from my computer in the evening. We are taking a 3 month road trip this summer and plan to give that feature a good workout; plan your next days travels and input destinations along the way from the comfort of the hotel room the night before. Very nice.

Our vehicle came with Heads Up Display and although I thought it was a gimmick it has turned out to be a great feature. You can keep an eye on speed and the Nav directions without taking your eyes off the road. Plus if you have this feature this means your vehicle was built in Japan, if that is important to you.
Old 01-16-11, 07:25 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

I was able to get my special ordered 450h at invoice. There was no extra cost for the special order. I have never paid extra for a special order car or tuck. They did not have what I wanted so it was going to be order. This car and my old 2005 RX 330 both came from Japan.
Old 01-17-11, 05:12 AM
ejvette
Driver

Originally Posted by MEP7557

I find the parking sensors a waste and have never used them, they go off when you pull into the garage unless you toggle them on and off which is a pain. Where I live the RX is now offered with or without the sensors regardless of the package. Although you can not find a Luxury package around here anymore, I do like having it.

Heads up display is nice.
I do a lot of parrell parking in tight areas and I found the sensors on the front bumper to be invaluable makes parking a breeze.
Old 01-17-11, 08:04 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nioks
Thank you every one.
what luxury packages include?
Just went Lexus web site but show only package A - B - C ???
endedup 48K on package C.. wow
I dont go to dealer yet..I may need to go check....
Go to truecar.com and list your vehicle choice and add options. It will let you add indiviual options. It'll give you the going prices(list, invoice, what others paid, etc.). It helped me greatly before I went to a dealer. I made an offer to a dealer with the specs I wanted and he accepted on the phone. In fact, it'll help you decide which dealer to go to.

Quick Reply: questions for 3 Gen. RX owners